• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Why so low variety with bomb launchers?

BirdAndreo

Senior Squid
Something it's bugging me lately... the trislosher noveau was supposed to have autobomb launcher but we all know what happened. Currently there are:

- 5 Splash bomb Launcher (the fifth will come with Light tetra dualies)
- 5 Suction bomb Launcher (if you count separate the 2 splattershots - the last one will be the neo splash o matic)
- 1 Curling bomb Launcher
- 0 Autobomb Launcher
- 1 Burst bomb Launcher (coming with the second Bamboozler)

I don't understand this lack of variety and it's a shame there are not going to be any autobomb launchers (unless shieldon pick will come back)

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
Where are you getting this information?

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Let's be honestly, Autobomb Launcher is just a bad idea in general.

Though I am surprised the lacking presence of Burst Bomb Launcher, but in a way it makes sense since Burst Bombs are the only bomb which kill without a buffer time. It was only on two weapons in Splatoon 1 (not counting Hero Shot).

Splat and Suction Bomb Launchers are both just the most balanced, hence why they're a lot more common.

Curling Bomb Launching being in that weird unique niche placement similar to Seeker Rush in Splatoon 1 because of their rarity.

Probably would not count the Firefin Splat Charger and Splattercope as different weapons. Also, no Splattershot has Bomb Rush up to this point.

Last edited:

MeTaGross

Inkling Cadet
I played S1 but do not understand. Explanation please.
After all the weapons were released in the first game and new content was almost over entirely they a group of weapons called "Sheldon's picks" which were old weapons with new kits and fresh new colors. Some examples were the wasabi splattershot, berry splattershot pro, grim range blaster, etc.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
After all the weapons were released in the first game and new content was almost over entirely they a group of weapons called "Sheldon's picks" which were old weapons with new kits and fresh new colors. Some examples were the wasabi splattershot, berry splattershot pro, grim range blaster, etc.
Ok, I started playing Splatoon a few weeks after the last Splatfest. Well... Nintendo confirmed new content 'till late '19 I think. I miss you, Grim Range Blaster ;n;.

LiX

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-8003-1880-5821
I doubt we're going to see a burst bomb launcher. The burst bomb launcher was leaked along with the autobomb launcher without certain pictures or other details. And then it turned out the autobomb launcher was not coming. I assume the same is going to happen with the burst bomb launcher. Nintendo won't bring in "new specials" we haven't seen yet.

Sifu

Look Behind You
Switch Friend Code
SW-3816-1808-3393
I still expect to see the burst bomb launcher. Autombomb launcher was a very crazy idea that probably never would work well. Burst bomb launcher, however, seems decent enough

ϛ(°³°)/`

Inkling Commander
I doubt we're going to see a burst bomb launcher. The burst bomb launcher was leaked along with the autobomb launcher without certain pictures or other details. And then it turned out the autobomb launcher was not coming. I assume the same is going to happen with the burst bomb launcher. Nintendo won't bring in "new specials" we haven't seen yet.
So first of all, we totally have seen burst bomb launcher before in Splatoon 1, and even back in Splatoon 1 we continued to see new specials being released; the Carbon Deco came with seeker rush which we didn't see at all until that weapon finally came out.

More to the actual point though, you're right that that initial list of weapon sets is pretty old. There has been changes since then, for example the unfortunate change from the Custom Dualie Squelcher having ink armour to having sting ray. These changes get made to the game's coding with subsequent updates, so more recent leaks tend to be more reliable. Here's one of the more recent leaks of the new Bamboozler, and sure enough it still has the burst bomb launcher. This one seems pretty likely to stay.

Alphah

Inkling
Yeah I agree with you, the variety is kind of lacking when it comes to launchers. I want the burst launchers, I feel it wouldn't be too broken because burst doesn't due too much damage. where are my dualies with burst bomb launcher

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
Autobomb launcher seems like a frightening prospect. An entire army of little chicken walkers all coming after you would be nuts! An argument could be made that they would most likely only go after one person, but I think I can counter that hypothetical argument with a couple of my own.
  1. Assume that they all go after one target. That means for a good part of the duration of the Autobomb Launcher, one person is essentially removed from the fight due to needing to shake off all the little chicken bombs.
  2. Further assume that the person on the receiving end of the Autobomb Launcher makes a beats a hasty retreat like a smart squid. Now the Autobomb Launcher has the potential to drive nearly the entire team away but for a lesser amount of time.
That's the way I see it anyway. Admittedly you would have a huge target on your head when using this so it is possible that your Autobomb launching time would be cut short quite often, but then someone has to risk getting tracked by Autobombs while making a mad rush to splat you. Meaning that some enemies would likely keep their distance to avoid that like so many do when a Curling Bomb Launcher goes off. Hmm...Now I can't decide if this idea is balanced or not. I'm leaning towards no, but then it also seems like it is a slower version of a Splat Bomb Launcher. I still say it's a bad idea, but maybe not as bad of an idea as I first thought.

Alphah

Inkling
"That's the way I see it anyway. Admittedly you would have a huge target on your head when using this so it is possible that your Autobomb launching time would be cut short quite often, but then someone has to risk getting tracked by Autobombs while making a mad rush to splat you. Meaning that some enemies would likely keep their distance to avoid that like so many do when a Curling Bomb Launcher goes off. Hmm...Now I can't decide if this idea is balanced or not. I'm leaning towards no, but then it also seems like it is a slower version of a Splat Bomb Launcher."
Nah, I don't feel it would be that broken, personally it would make turf and ranked much more interesting!

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
That is possible. But you could say the same thing about them implementing a new special in the form of an Ink Nuke. Sure, it would make things more tense and interesting, but I don't think it would be for a good reason. Still, only time will tell if they decide to go with it or not. Much like the Seeker Rush from the original, they could place it on a main weapon that doesn't see a lot of play to try to improve on its popularity by giving it something unique. Something like a Flingza Roller within Sheldon's Picks or a Carbon Roller. Could be a thing. Could be an interesting thing even!

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
Autobomb launcher would break the game. Burst Bomb launcher is just bad (as seen by the Sploon 1 Splattershot and Rimi). I would like it to be in the game as a nerf to weapons though.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Or you can restrict the amount of chickens you can throw at a single time, or give a significant delay between chicken throws. It's not terribly hard to work with.

the

Inkling Commander
I think autobomb launcher could work if they decreased the max amount of bombs thrown? Less than the other launchers. They could do this either through adding more of a delay before you can throw another bomb, or decreasing the default duration itself. They could also tweak the ranges at which you throw autobombs. So that if you just spam them they’ll end up at your feet, and be less effective. You would have to hold the button down to throw them a good range, which would also mean less bombs thrown overall.

Dark Sage Walker

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-8295-5505-1414
These ideas for limiting the number of bombs you get from a potential Autobomb Launcher are rather good. Easiest way to do it would be to make it so there is a bit of a delay between bombs, as has been mentioned. That way the area isn't being too crowded with exploding chickens and it limits the overall number of them that can be thrown while still allowing an Autobomb Launcher to be a thing. With the right design structure going in, this could be a passable idea after all!

Reactions: the

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom