• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Splatoon 2 Why the E-Liter is a Good Weapon

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
Okay now if you didn't already know, I'm a charger main, and yes, I do play E-Liter. This particular weapon gets a lot of flack, and after having quite a bit of experience with this weapon (along with other chargers to supplement this skill), I can strongly state that this weapon is indeed a good weapon and doesn't deserve the high amount of disdain it gets. In particular, I will be talking about the vanilla E-Liter with Ink Mines and Ink Storm.

Starting off the bat with the kit - obviously it's not the greatest, but it still does a considerably nice job of supplementing the weapon with what it needs. Ink Mines are terrific in close range combat, as you can not only place them at flanks, but also set them down where you are while anticipating close 1v1s. From here all you need to do is follow up with 2 taps or a partial charged shot or some combination and you'll come out alive. I prefer partial charges because you still get the reticle to help aim whereas the shot is a little off-centered and tougher to aim with tap shots. Ink Mines do chip damage, they locate enemies, they paint. A better sub than people give credit for.

Now on to the special. Ink Storm provides quite a few things. Firstly, it gives chip damage. This means finishing off weak enemies, while effectively decreasing your charge time. Second, because of it's damage and painting abilites, it zones enemies away from chokes or objectives or flanks, etc. Really anywhere you don't want them to be. Third, it damages enemies past barriers you can't see or snipe, making them move into your line of view or die. Well they die either way ;). And lastly, something that is often overlooked, this thing builds special like crazy. It's got a mere 170p required for special, and it paints really well with it's range (I also think people forget that chargers are decent painters). Smack some tenacity on your build for all those times you outlive your sub-par solo teammates and you'll end up with several storms in a single game.

Now as for the actual main weapon itself - it's still good. It honestly has more range than people perceive (especially given how little people use E-Liter) and you can snipe from some lengthy spots. This makes it a sort of safe and flexible weapon. You don't need to move up to their base to be helpful. Why not just stay in mid where you can further guarantee your safety and still get picks? Of course the long charge time can feel like a major burden, but after so much use, it's really not that noticeable, and given your extra safety in positioning along with a chip damage kit to help you out where it's
harder to get a fatal blow, you'll be all set. Now I don't recommend staying way far back just because you sort of can. Use your range offensively. I always rush to the best sniping spot near mid at the start of each match that helps me not only snipe folks in mid, but also people on the other side of the map. This varies map to map, but with some confidence in aim (and execution of said confidence) it won't matter as much when you put yourself at some more risk. One thing I like to think about and point out is that "my aim doesn't diminish just because I'm using a charger regarded as worse than the others. I still have the same good aim and now my effective killing range increased by a number of lines." This also applies to partial shots giving them more range as well. Chargers are quite flexible weapons given you can output 2 quick partial shots for a kill from a decent distance.

The most important part of making this work is having good aim. If you hit 3/4 of your shots in any given match - that's not good enough. I strongly encourage drilling aim in the firing range. It is you best friend. This goes for every weapon in the game. Here are some drills that helped me with some different types of snaps and just improving my aim overall.

For reference, this is my build. Sub power up is supposed to be swim but whatever.

Well I think that's all I have. If you have any questions or comments or criticism - I'd love to hear it! :)

AllToonedUp

Inkling Cadet
I agree that E-Liter isn't as bad as people say that it is, however I'll still give my thoughts on both E-Liters and how the weapons fare against others.
As much as I like playing with this version of the weapon, the fact of the matter still lies in that it's a worse version of the Splat Charger. It's small amount of range over the Splatterscope doesn't compensate for its charge time and lackluster kit. You do pose a good point about Ink Mines and Ink Storm providing chip damage, however Ink Mines are still a poor way to combat vs close range weapons and unless if you have insane aim, you're toast if they rush you down. The main reasons why Splat/Firefin is more reliable because both weapons flat out have a better kit than the Vanilla E-Liter.

Splat Bombs are amazing for quick kills if a person approaches you and they can't react to the bomb in time and Splash Walls give the person/team more endurance and the recent buff to Splash Walls indirectly buffed the Firefin Charger. As for specials, Splat can harass you from across the stage with Sting Ray while Firefin's Suction Bomb Launcher is great for painting and pushing. Not to mention that Splat has a shorter charge time and its range is good enough to deny people from approaching an area. Ink Storm on vanilla isn't as good as Sting Ray and Bomb Launcher especially after the Ink Storm nerf. It used to be a decent pick in Splat Zones imo, but ever since they nerfed the painting on this special, there's almost no reason to pick this weapon over any other charger. Even vanilla Goo-Tuber has a better kit than vanilla E-Liter's.

Custom E-Liter is underrated imo, Beakons help support the team and track people down while Bubble Blower is a dominating special and it has the range and power to pop the bubbles without Object Shredder and that's not even accounting if the person has Special Power Up. It has a niche in Splat Zones where you defend and snipe and pull out bubbles near the zone and once you pop them, it's almost always guaranteed to take over the zone and/or slay anyone near the area. Unfortunately this weapon has even LESS options when an enemy comes near you. It's a high risk-high reward weapon, which means it's basically snipe or die. (Okay that applies to all chargers, but even more-so for this weapon since it has literally no CQC options outside of ZR tapping.)

tl;dr: Vanilla E-Liter is okay in its own right, but it's still an inferior Splat Charger and it has almost no place in competitive. If it gets a range buff one day then maybe more people will pick it up, however it still raises the question which is "why use vanilla over custom?".

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
I agree that E-Liter isn't as bad as people say that it is, however I'll still give my thoughts on both E-Liters and how the weapons fare against others.
As much as I like playing with this version of the weapon, the fact of the matter still lies in that it's a worse version of the Splat Charger. It's small amount of range over the Splatterscope doesn't compensate for its charge time and lackluster kit. You do pose a good point about Ink Mines and Ink Storm providing chip damage, however Ink Mines are still a poor way to combat vs close range weapons and unless if you have insane aim, you're toast if they rush you down. The main reasons why Splat/Firefin is more reliable because both weapons flat out have a better kit than the Vanilla E-Liter.

Splat Bombs are amazing for quick kills if a person approaches you and they can't react to the bomb in time and Splash Walls give the person/team more endurance and the recent buff to Splash Walls indirectly buffed the Firefin Charger. As for specials, Splat can harass you from across the stage with Sting Ray while Firefin's Suction Bomb Launcher is great for painting and pushing. Not to mention that Splat has a shorter charge time and its range is good enough to deny people from approaching an area. Ink Storm on vanilla isn't as good as Sting Ray and Bomb Launcher especially after the Ink Storm nerf. It used to be a decent pick in Splat Zones imo, but ever since they nerfed the painting on this special, there's almost no reason to pick this weapon over any other charger. Even vanilla Goo-Tuber has a better kit than vanilla E-Liter's.

Custom E-Liter is underrated imo, Beakons help support the team and track people down while Bubble Blower is a dominating special and it has the range and power to pop the bubbles without Object Shredder and that's not even accounting if the person has Special Power Up. It has a niche in Splat Zones where you defend and snipe and pull out bubbles near the zone and once you pop them, it's almost always guaranteed to take over the zone and/or slay anyone near the area. Unfortunately this weapon has even LESS options when an enemy comes near you. It's a high risk-high reward weapon, which means it's basically snipe or die. (Okay that applies to all chargers, but even more-so for this weapon since it has literally no CQC options outside of ZR tapping.)

tl;dr: Vanilla E-Liter is okay in its own right, but it's still an inferior Splat Charger and it has almost no place in competitive. If it gets a range buff one day then maybe more people will pick it up, however it still raises the question which is "why use vanilla over custom?".
I respect your points, and yes the other chargers have more to offer kit-wise but the E-Liter is still a good weapon with it's own benefits. The more I use the E-Liter, the more I realize how much aim it has. It may not look like a lot in the firing range but in the field, you get some crazy distance from your usual snipes that you can't get from the splatterscope. I disagree that the Custom kit is better but they have different things to offer, and the vanilla kit helps with surviving and actual performance rather than hard-core support. A huge part of my point with the E-Liter being good, is that with a lot of range paired with good aim makes for shutting people down from way afar. I wouldn't say you should use E-Liter over the vanilla variant because stingray is still broken, but I just want to say that the weapon is not bad. It is not a bad weapon. It has its strengths. I was playing E-Liter the other day and showed up in someone's soloQ stream. I went back and watched it and the amount of disdain over me picking E-Liter was quite bothersome. He was using forge pro and got like 11 kills and I got 8. It was a 3v4 and I played well but none of that mattered because I was using the E-Liter. There are only 2 people who use it in competitive (Pika and Latias) but it still has nice benefits to offer.

AllToonedUp

Inkling Cadet
I respect your points, and yes the other chargers have more to offer kit-wise but the E-Liter is still a good weapon with it's own benefits. The more I use the E-Liter, the more I realize how much aim it has. It may not look like a lot in the firing range but in the field, you get some crazy distance from your usual snipes that you can't get from the splatterscope. I disagree that the Custom kit is better but they have different things to offer, and the vanilla kit helps with surviving and actual performance rather than hard-core support. A huge part of my point with the E-Liter being good, is that with a lot of range paired with good aim makes for shutting people down from way afar. I wouldn't say you should use E-Liter over the vanilla variant because stingray is still broken, but I just want to say that the weapon is not bad. It is not a bad weapon. It has its strengths. I was playing E-Liter the other day and showed up in someone's soloQ stream. I went back and watched it and the amount of disdain over me picking E-Liter was quite bothersome. He was using forge pro and got like 11 kills and I got 8. It was a 3v4 and I played well but none of that mattered because I was using the E-Liter. There are only 2 people who use it in competitive (Pika and Latias) but it still has nice benefits to offer.
I'm not saying "omg don't use e-liter it sucks! use splat charger instead!!!", I'm just stating the reasons why people don't want to pick it up. Ease of use and results are the main things people look for in weapons and E-Liter isn't exactly the best example for that. I enjoy using it myself, however for competitive, I'd rather use the Splat Charger for more consistent results. And solo queue is not reliable for weapon viability because it's very RNG and lack of communication leads to rather wonky play. If you enjoy using E-Liter despite its learning curve and lack of tournament play, then good for you. ;)

Though I do agree that E-Liter is better than what people give it credit for.

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
Okay now if you didn't already know, I'm a charger main, and yes, I do play E-Liter. This particular weapon gets a lot of flack, and after having quite a bit of experience with this weapon (along with other chargers to supplement this skill), I can strongly state that this weapon is indeed a good weapon and doesn't deserve the high amount of disdain it gets. In particular, I will be talking about the vanilla E-Liter with Ink Mines and Ink Storm.

Starting off the bat with the kit - obviously it's not the greatest, but it still does a considerably nice job of supplementing the weapon with what it needs. Ink Mines are terrific in close range combat, as you can not only place them at flanks, but also set them down where you are while anticipating close 1v1s. From here all you need to do is follow up with 2 taps or a partial charged shot or some combination and you'll come out alive. I prefer partial charges because you still get the reticle to help aim whereas the shot is a little off-centered and tougher to aim with tap shots. Ink Mines do chip damage, they locate enemies, they paint. A better sub than people give credit for.

Now on to the special. Ink Storm provides quite a few things. Firstly, it gives chip damage. This means finishing off weak enemies, while effectively decreasing your charge time. Second, because of it's damage and painting abilites, it zones enemies away from chokes or objectives or flanks, etc. Really anywhere you don't want them to be. Third, it damages enemies past barriers you can't see or snipe, making them move into your line of view or die. Well they die either way ;). And lastly, something that is often overlooked, this thing builds special like crazy. It's got a mere 170p required for special, and it paints really well with it's range (I also think people forget that chargers are decent painters). Smack some tenacity on your build for all those times you outlive your sub-par solo teammates and you'll end up with several storms in a single game.

Now as for the actual main weapon itself - it's still good. It honestly has more range than people perceive (especially given how little people use E-Liter) and you can snipe from some lengthy spots. This makes it a sort of safe and flexible weapon. You don't need to move up to their base to be helpful. Why not just stay in mid where you can further guarantee your safety and still get picks? Of course the long charge time can feel like a major burden, but after so much use, it's really not that noticeable, and given your extra safety in positioning along with a chip damage kit to help you out where it's
harder to get a fatal blow, you'll be all set. Now I don't recommend staying way far back just because you sort of can. Use your range offensively. I always rush to the best sniping spot near mid at the start of each match that helps me not only snipe folks in mid, but also people on the other side of the map. This varies map to map, but with some confidence in aim (and execution of said confidence) it won't matter as much when you put yourself at some more risk. One thing I like to think about and point out is that "my aim doesn't diminish just because I'm using a charger regarded as worse than the others. I still have the same good aim and now my effective killing range increased by a number of lines." This also applies to partial shots giving them more range as well. Chargers are quite flexible weapons given you can output 2 quick partial shots for a kill from a decent distance.

The most important part of making this work is having good aim. If you hit 3/4 of your shots in any given match - that's not good enough. I strongly encourage drilling aim in the firing range. It is you best friend. This goes for every weapon in the game. Here are some drills that helped me with some different types of snaps and just improving my aim overall.

For reference, this is my build. Sub power up is supposed to be swim but whatever.

Well I think that's all I have. If you have any questions or comments or criticism - I'd love to hear it! :)
While I do think that the Eliter probably gets a little bit to much hate I still do consider it the worst charger, because it won’t give you that much more range for its much longer charging time. Every time K think of this weapon, I think of how Nintendo changed the Aerospray RG. It used to be able to Baller spam, so they nerfed the turfing ability (which is unfair to the MG) and also nerfed the baller. Same deal here, no damage up, IMO completely fixes chargers (in fact they should of just kept damage up and make it have no use on chargers) but they also took from its range. They nerfed it twice which at the time seemed like a good idea, but now it’s just hurting this weapon’s real use. It used to play off the fact that if you were skilled, you could kill someone halfway across the map, you just needed skill. In Splatoon 2, it still has the best range of any charger, but not by a long margin, and especially comparing it to how much you should be getting for your long charger time. It is still def8ntely useable, I just wouldn’t recommend it over a Splat Charger or Splatterscope, unless maybe on maps where there are popular shots that only the Eliter can make.

AllToonedUp

Inkling Cadet
While I do think that the Eliter probably gets a little bit to much hate I still do consider it the worst charger, because it won’t give you that much more range for its much longer charging time. Every time K think of this weapon, I think of how Nintendo changed the Aerospray RG. It used to be able to Baller spam, so they nerfed the turfing ability (which is unfair to the MG) and also nerfed the baller. Same deal here, no damage up, IMO completely fixes chargers (in fact they should of just kept damage up and make it have no use on chargers) but they also took from its range. They nerfed it twice which at the time seemed like a good idea, but now it’s just hurting this weapon’s real use. It used to play off the fact that if you were skilled, you could kill someone halfway across the map, you just needed skill. In Splatoon 2, it still has the best range of any charger, but not by a long margin, and especially comparing it to how much you should be getting for your long charger time. It is still def8ntely useable, I just wouldn’t recommend it over a Splat Charger or Splatterscope, unless maybe on maps where there are popular shots that only the Eliter can make.
I agree with most of your points except for the Damage Up and RG Baller claims. I'm honestly glad Nintendo decided to give Damage Up (and Defense Up) the boot, but for different reasons. It makes the weapons a lot more consistent without having all those factors turn the game into an RNG mess such as .52 Gal with and without Damage Ups. Having a set amount of damage for each weapon is a good start, and so far, none of the weapons need Damage Ups to still be good. (Ex. Splat Charger, Octobrush)

As for the Baller spam meta, again there was no almost counters for this either. Spamming specials isn't the best way to make a weapon more usable, that's just a lazy approach at balancing considering how specials are supposed to be table-turners. I get the Baller nerf because even with an Object Shredder splatling, you couldn't tear this thing and the kill range was huge. The turfing nerf was unnecessary yeah, but I just think that Nintendo intended to make the Aerosprays more balanced, but ended up making them even more un-viable.

AC1

Inkster Jr.
One way to counter Baller spam is to throw a toxic mist at the baller, before they explode. This will slow the affected player movement. You should have a opportunity to splat the affected player once the baller had exploded.

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
One way to counter Baller spam is to throw a toxic mist at the baller, before they explode. This will slow the affected player movement. You should have a opportunity to splat the affected player once the baller had exploded.
Hmmm interesting idea, I should try that sometime

AllToonedUp

Inkling Cadet
But what if you don't use a weapon that has Toxic Mist? What if you're cornered with your teammates out of sight and the baller user survives?

I don't have issues with Baller now, I'm just saying that it had unnecessary tools and none of the weapons at the time could directly avoid it if the person uses it when they get close to you. Not even Splat Brella was safe from it because back then, the shield would instantly break if the ball touched it.

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
But what if you don't use a weapon that has Toxic Mist? What if you're cornered with your teammates out of sight and the baller user survives?

I don't have issues with Baller now, I'm just saying that it had unnecessary tools and none of the weapons at the time could directly avoid it if the person uses it when they get close to you. Not even Splat Brella was safe from it because back then, the shield would instantly break if the ball touched it.
Countering ballers by sub weapon:
Splat bomb: Throw it when they start to explode it. The bomb will explode right after they do and they have no chance of survival. The same goes for all the other bombs. Spam burst bombs after they explode and follow up with some shots
Splash wall: Pretty straight forward. Throw it down to either make obstacles for the baller or to give yourself protection to swim away safer or jump out or to help you to fight them after they explode
Toxic mist: Yeah I guess throw it where they explode and capitalize on their immobility
Point sensor: Idk just throw them at it and it'll track them after they explode where it's sometimes pretty hard to keep thrack of where they go. Throw it and move back.
Ink Mines: Set them down as you run away and it'll damage the baller and slow them down and track them.

It's not too difficult to survive a baller. Main weapons take care of them pretty decently as well. 2 Bombs and a few shots should break it. 2 charger shots (might require OS) will break it. Otherwise 3. It's still a good special.

AllToonedUp

Inkling Cadet
Countering ballers by sub weapon:
Splat bomb: Throw it when they start to explode it. The bomb will explode right after they do and they have no chance of survival. The same goes for all the other bombs. Spam burst bombs after they explode and follow up with some shots
Splash wall: Pretty straight forward. Throw it down to either make obstacles for the baller or to give yourself protection to swim away safer or jump out or to help you to fight them after they explode
Toxic mist: Yeah I guess throw it where they explode and capitalize on their immobility
Point sensor: Idk just throw them at it and it'll track them after they explode where it's sometimes pretty hard to keep thrack of where they go. Throw it and move back.
Ink Mines: Set them down as you run away and it'll damage the baller and slow them down and track them.

It's not too difficult to survive a baller. Main weapons take care of them pretty decently as well. 2 Bombs and a few shots should break it. 2 charger shots (might require OS) will break it. Otherwise 3. It's still a good special.
Again, I don't have issues with Baller now, I'm talking about Baller before the 1.4.0 nerf which was the Baller meta. Almost none of these tips worked back then because Baller had a high amount of knockback which could mess up your aim, Splash Walls were rare because the only good weapon with it was Firefin Splat Charger which wasn't even that used much anyway, and a good player is going to be up in your face when using it.

And no, throwing bombs and even charger shots couldn't completely break Baller before the nerf. That's why I mentioned an Object Shredder Splatling because it was practically impossible to break it and that's not even accounting for if the person had Special Power Up. In fact if you look at the old patch notes, you'll see that Baller was so durable that almost EVERY weapon in the game (including special weapons) had its damage increased just to deal with it better.

Also I never said Baller still isn't good, if anything it's one of the best specials in Clam Blitz. What I'm saying is that Baller doesn't need a practically indestructible shield and an obnoxiously large kill radius. I actually used RG during the time and I had matches where all 8 players were using it.

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
Again, I don't have issues with Baller now, I'm talking about Baller before the 1.4.0 nerf which was the Baller meta. Almost none of these tips worked back then because Baller had a high amount of knockback which could mess up your aim, Splash Walls were rare because the only good weapon with it was Firefin Splat Charger which wasn't even that used much anyway, and a good player is going to be up in your face when using it.

And no, throwing bombs and even charger shots couldn't completely break Baller before the nerf. That's why I mentioned an Object Shredder Splatling because it was practically impossible to break it and that's not even accounting for if the person had Special Power Up. In fact if you look at the old patch notes, you'll see that Baller was so durable that almost EVERY weapon in the game (including special weapons) had its damage increased just to deal with it better.

Also I never said Baller still isn't good, if anything it's one of the best specials in Clam Blitz. What I'm saying is that Baller doesn't need a practically indestructible shield and an obnoxiously large kill radius. I actually used RG during the time and I had matches where all 8 players were using it.
I'm not trying to make a claim or disagree with anyone because that's not really very productive unless it applies to the current metagame. I'm just providing information that's helpful for dealing with problems that exist now. I don't care a whole lot about what the meta used to be; Nothing against anybody I just wanted to provide info conducive to learning how to deal with things in the current state of the game. Motorgamer brought up trying to use toxic mist for baller, so I brought up how to deal with baller in a few other ways because you said "What if you don't have toxic mist?" Nothing about your mention to how baller used to be. I mean you're right but I want to keep things in a productive direction so I wanted to clarify here.

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
Is the Eliter good?
No.
Is the Eliter the worst?
No.
Is Custom Eliter the worst?
Maybe.

Vanilla has a decent kit to play to its strengths, but Custom's kit is atrocious. The VEliter can stay far back with its Inkstorm and Mines, but the CEliter HAS to overextend to even use its kit. Beakons work fine as quick ways to get back into mid, but the Eliter itself might as well be a beakon. The Bubble Blower only works at close-mid range and can't go down, so it's nearly useless to use from a sniping point.

MotorGamer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
MotorGamer
Is the Eliter good?
No.
Is the Eliter the worst?
No.
Is Custom Eliter the worst?
Maybe.

Vanilla has a decent kit to play to its strengths, but Custom's kit is atrocious. The VEliter can stay far back with its Inkstorm and Mines, but the CEliter HAS to overextend to even use its kit. Beakons work fine as quick ways to get back into mid, but the Eliter itself might as well be a beakon. The Bubble Blower only works at close-mid range and can't go down, so it's nearly useless to use from a sniping point.
I haven’t even bought the custom scoped eliter

AisforAnon

Inkling
@Mar$el Gosh you use a lot of ISM. IMHO too much but you do you. Personally I prefer IR or some combo of IR and ISM because you're not really in the thick of the fights (ideally) so you have plenty of time to sit back and recharge.

thank you for this post! and the drills too! Question tho, what do you think of MPU on E-liter? Good? Bad? Worth it or not? I think it could be fairly good on unscoped, but am not sold yet~ also Pyon.

@AllToonedUp guess what? MPU buffs its range. I would have preferred a charge time decrease but oh well, beggars can't be choosers. Also, the Aerosprays were never viable. (neither were Clash Blasters but that's beside the point)

@MotorGamer good points. I think Nintendo handled implementing MPU pretty well

@The Salamander King IMO the Custom E-liter is just fine. Beakons can escort your slayers back into the fight even faster (Sub Power Up), bubbles are great (not all sniping points are extraordinarily vertical) and the weapon can pop them well (I use OS but I'm just impatient and probably shouldn't), on top of it being a threatening area denial machine (not to overlook its weaknesses and high skill requirements). I'd argue it's a viable pick in RM TC and SZ (but you don't use chargers in CB unless your name is Pyon) It definitely lacks in cqc even compared to vliter, but that's not what chargers are for.

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
@Mar$el Gosh you use a lot of ISM. IMHO too much but you do you. Personally I prefer IR or some combo of IR and ISM because you're not really in the thick of the fights (ideally) so you have plenty of time to sit back and recharge.

thank you for this post! and the drills too! Question tho, what do you think of MPU on E-liter? Good? Bad? Worth it or not? I think it could be fairly good on unscoped, but am not sold yet~ also Pyon.

@AllToonedUp guess what? MPU buffs its range. I would have preferred a charge time decrease but oh well, beggars can't be choosers. Also, the Aerosprays were never viable. (neither were Clash Blasters but that's beside the point)

@The Salamander King IMO the Custom E-liter is just fine. Beakons can escort your slayers back into the fight even faster (Sub Power Up), bubbles are great (not all sniping points are extraordinarily vertical) and the weapon can pop them well (I use OS but I'm just impatient and probably shouldn't), on top of it being a threatening area denial machine (not to overlook its weaknesses and high skill requirements). I'd argue it's a viable pick in RM TC and SZ (but you don't use chargers in CB unless your name is Pyon) It definitely lacks in cqc even compared to vliter, but that's not what chargers are for.
Lmao I forgot about this thread it was so old. My opinions and builds have since changed, along with my tips/gameplay on chargers in general. I've learned quite a bit since the making of this thread so I guess I share lol.

First of all I got rid of all ISM on E-Liter for a few reasons because I had cleaned up my gameplay with the help of some top players. The first technique that not only improves your gameplay but reduces how much ink management you need, is cancelling shot. Shoot to kill not just because you have a full charge. Only take shots and let go of ZR to intentionally paint or to take a shot at a person. This not only conceals yourself more allowing you to hit more people, but increases efficiency and encourages smarter repositioning to take a shot from a better angle. That is the bulk of why I don't need it anymore, but another reason was to devote other abilities to other things. Here's my new build. Swim speed is honestly the only ability I would encourage players to use. Anything else is just extra. Oh yeah and QSJ is highly encouraged on literally every weapon. I never go without 2 subs of it for jumping out fast.

As for MPU, don't use it. 3 pures only increases it by about 1/5 a bar (those lines in the training room). Pretty disappointing I know.

blep

Inkster Jr.
haha I'm sorry but this whole site is dead too. Discord and Reddit had it for breakfast

(yes new account, forgot password~ bleh D:)

very mixed feelings about your build...

Yikes 2 mains of SSU? that's a lot for a scoped, but that's okay. (SSU has additional use on unscoped because of the charge hold so I like about...well 2 mains on chargers and yes I play unscoped is that bad?) hhm. again idk why 1s of bdu and 1s of ss are necessary because I'm an S+ tryhard but oh well.

JFC NO ISM? (and seeeee? IR is better!) but still have a badass award for no ISM.

okay aside from that I'm about to hurt your feelings and I'm sorry. ew. Haunt? seriously? I don't understand why Haunt is necessary outside SQ, and Respawn Punisher is just better for backliners. Teammates can't see Haunt sillhouettes, and the penalty only works if you personally splat them. again I don't like abilities requiring me to die which is why I prefer RP and besides chargers (all anchors really) should at least have a 5/1 kdr. If you die five times in a game that's a whole minute of you not in the match usually, even with QSJ, and that's not worth five splats.

TLDR congrats on no ism but please switch to rp.

I expected those results with MPU, but CERTAINLY not to that awful degree. Terrible. I just want the range of a scoped on an unscoped and that's all~ I still think the E-liter needs a proper range buff but sad to see we won't get one now~

Zahntavier

Senior Squid
I am thoroughly bummed out by those mpu stats...more range is all I wanted, and its so piddling.

AllToonedUp

Inkling Cadet

I forgot this thread existed lol. Anyways, it's not worth stacking MPU on E-liter because as Mar$el said, it barely increases your range with 3 pures.

Also I never said the Aerosprays were viable (I mean they kinda aren't supposed to be considering it's a noob friendly turf weapon), I only stated they had a gimmick with spamming Baller, but that's a dead horse at this point.

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
haha I'm sorry but this whole site is dead too. Discord and Reddit had it for breakfast

(yes new account, forgot password~ bleh D:)

very mixed feelings about your build...

Yikes 2 mains of SSU? that's a lot for a scoped, but that's okay. (SSU has additional use on unscoped because of the charge hold so I like about...well 2 mains on chargers and yes I play unscoped is that bad?) hhm. again idk why 1s of bdu and 1s of ss are necessary because I'm an S+ tryhard but oh well.

JFC NO ISM? (and seeeee? IR is better!) but still have a badass award for no ISM.

okay aside from that I'm about to hurt your feelings and I'm sorry. ew. Haunt? seriously? I don't understand why Haunt is necessary outside SQ, and Respawn Punisher is just better for backliners. Teammates can't see Haunt sillhouettes, and the penalty only works if you personally splat them. again I don't like abilities requiring me to die which is why I prefer RP and besides chargers (all anchors really) should at least have a 5/1 kdr. If you die five times in a game that's a whole minute of you not in the match usually, even with QSJ, and that's not worth five splats.

TLDR congrats on no ism but please switch to rp.

I expected those results with MPU, but CERTAINLY not to that awful degree. Terrible. I just want the range of a scoped on an unscoped and that's all~ I still think the E-liter needs a proper range buff but sad to see we won't get one now~
I'll start off explaining the special saver and bomb defense lmao. Special saver got a buff a while back that makes smaller amounts of it more useful, and 1 sub saves so much for such a small gear requirement. The one sub of bomb defense is quite versatile in that when you have armor and get hit by bomb's splash damage (which is usually 30), it reduces the damage so you don't lose your armor. As for Haunt, I only wear it in SoloQ yeah because there's no vc and flanks don't get responded to. Also did you just try to flex on me with an S+ lmao whatever. Swim speed is honestly the only ability eliter needs and I like to have it on most weapons (though on aggro I usually only use 2 subs). It helps for faster repositioning which is key on any charger. Otherwise yeah I use RP over Haunt when I'm playing in comp where there's actual teamwork lmao. Although not much point discussing it because I never use E-Liter in comp because splat charger exists lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom