• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Wich languages do you speak?

Crimsoninkling

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
BramWildenberg
I currently speak Dutch,English and German. Dutch is my native laguage, being from the Netherlands and all. As a kid I had a lot of exposure to English. In school I had two years of German. My German is so/so. I've been to French many times, still cant speak it. I was looking at learning Japanese. That seems like a widespread plan.

VideoGameVirtuoso

Pro Squid
NNID
ExtremeTechPro
I prefer speaking English, at the rarest of times I speak Vietnamese. When I am bored, I like speaking Gibberish.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
English. I'm trying to learn Japanese, but I really have no idea what I'm doing with Kanji. I do know Hiragana and Katakana and most of Dakuten, it's just that Kanji!
EDIT: And then I see the first post XD Learning Japanese would be pretty cool, but I'm sure it takes at least 2 years to learn it. And I started this summer.

BlackZero

Inkling Commander
English, Modern Standard Arabic, and Angrish.

English. I'm trying to learn Japanese, but I really have no idea what I'm doing with Kanji. I do know Hiragana and Katakana and most of Dakuten, it's just that Kanji!
Go on Amazon.com and order a book by James Heisig called "Remembering the Kanji." Read that, then go to Revewing the Kanji and use it as a partner website to the book. For added free practice, download a Kanji deck for Anki.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
Go on Amazon.com and order a book by James Heisig called "Remembering the Kanji." Read that, then go to Revewing the Kanji and use it as a partner website to the book. For added free practice, download a Kanji deck for Anki.
Thanks! :D I'll make sure to check all that out.
(And then I realized Which in the title is misspelled XD)

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
English is my native tongue, of course, but I've also studied German in high school and Japanese in college. Still struggling with remembering kanji, though rikaichan seems to help when I'm browsing online.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
English is my native tongue, of course, but I've also studied German in high school and Japanese in college. Still struggling with remembering kanji, though rikaichan seems to help when I'm browsing online.
Wani Kani uses mnemonics or however the heck you spell it to help with Radicals, Kanji, and vocab. The first three lessons are free, which surprisingly is a lot. I might still be on the first part.

Agimé

Inkling
I'm fluent in English and Swedish (which means I can also have a normal conversation with a Norwegian and maybe a Dane, since the languages are so similar).
I'm also learning French, German, Latin and Ancient Greek.

ShinyTogetic

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Maikaru
Switch Friend Code
SW-3468-6485-0599
I know English (because first language)
I know little Spanish...
and I know some Japanese and willing to improve more because reasons...

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
My native language is Papiamentu (Papiaments in english). It's the official (well most spoken, officially it's dutch) language of three really small islands in the Caribbean. those being Curacao, Bonaire and Aruba so it's a pretty uncommon language. I'm also pretty fluent in English (thanks to cartoons) and can speak some Dutch and Spanish. I can understand them well, but not speak all that much.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
In terms of mastery, I only know English. I know a little bit of Spanish, but not enough to have a full conversation.

I'd like to learn German, Dutch, and Italian, but I'm thinking my time for effectively learning languages has run out. So if I do, it would be as a hobby.

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
English because America

I studied Japanese in college and studied abroad for a semester. Now I live in Japan. But I'm still really not fluent. Haha
& yeah kanji are a struggle

Achamo

Inkling Commander
NNID
KupoSuppi
English. I'm in Canada.
I've always wanted to learn either Chinese, Japanese, and/OR French!
If anyone is willing to teach me a few words of those languages, that would be pretty great~!

Spennicus

Inkling
NNID
groovysmithy
English is my only fluent language, but I can competently speak French to a decent extent (I live in a part of Canada that has a large French community but my family is English).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom