• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Wii U Power light randomly changes colors?

Sgt. Puffling

Why am I still alive?
So, last night I noticed something weird. My Wii U is not connected to Wifi, but sometimes the power light randomly changes from a yellow/orange color to red. It literally scared the Ink out of me. XD

(And I know that nobody was using the gamepad or anything, because it was on my bedside table when this happened.)

So is stuff like this normal? Has this happened to anyone else? Does my Wii U need repairs? Help!

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast
I've never seen that happen to me before, but I have no idea why my gamepad keeps blinking blue on the home button. I'm serious. Also, my gamepad thinks it's funny to ragequit on me in the middle of a match, because the gamepad "lost the connection", even though I'm right next to my Wii U when I play, and the sensor bar is obviously visible. It probably doesn't help that I've had the Wii U since its release back in 2013... :(

Sgt. Puffling

Why am I still alive?
I've never seen that happen to me before, but I have no idea why my gamepad keeps blinking blue on the home button. I'm serious.
It could be because Nintendo is sending you promotions, and if you don't check them the home button keeps on blinking blue until you do. Have you tried checking the promotions?

Also, my gamepad thinks it's funny to ragequit on me in the middle of a match, because the gamepad "lost the connection", even though I'm right next to my Wii U when I play, and the sensor bar is obviously visible. It probably doesn't help that I've had the Wii U since its release back in 2013... :(
Geez... My Wii U has been funky, but not THAT bad. That's crazy.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Admin
Premium
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
Warchamp7
So, last night I noticed something weird. My Wii U is not connected to Wifi, but sometimes the power light randomly changes from a yellow/orange color to red. It literally scared the Ink out of me. XD
Yellow/orange is standby mode. Red is off.

I've never seen that happen to me before, but I have no idea why my gamepad keeps blinking blue on the home button. I'm serious. Also, my gamepad thinks it's funny to ragequit on me in the middle of a match, because the gamepad "lost the connection", even though I'm right next to my Wii U when I play, and the sensor bar is obviously visible. It probably doesn't help that I've had the Wii U since its release back in 2013... :(
The Wii U doesn't use the sensor bar at all for the gamepad :P

The sensor bar is only used for wiimotes.

Sgt. Puffling

Why am I still alive?
Yellow/orange is standby mode. Red is off.
But it just randomly switches between the two... Like when I woke up at about 5 am this morning, the light was red, then it turned to yellow/orange, then back to red....

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast
It could be because Nintendo is sending you promotions, and if you don't check them the home button keeps on blinking blue until you do. Have you tried checking the promotions?
No, I haven't, so I'll definitely check that. Thanks.

But as for the wonky disconnects, I think its just the gamepad itself. So I might get myself another gamepad, just so there aren't as many frustrating moments.

Sgt. Puffling

Why am I still alive?
But as for the wonky disconnects, I think its just the gamepad itself. So I might get myself another gamepad, just so there aren't as many frustrating moments. Still, it might be an issue with my sensor bar or something. So, I'll have to see.
Before replacing your actual Gamepad, you may want to get a new battery. After about 3-4 years of a rechargeable battery being used it usually needs replacing, so try that.

If that doesn't work, then you may want to look in getting the Gamepad replace, but I highly recommend trying the battery thing first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom