• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Will/should old sub weapons and special weapons come back?

Jhonnybird

Full Squid
NNID
Jhonnybird2004
What do you guys think? I think that they should add sub weapon/special weapon amibos and customize weapons

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
What we know as of now
-Some sub weapons are confirmed to be returning (the 3 basic grenades; splat,burst, and suction)
-New sub weapons are very possible (curling bombs: many think they will be replacing seekers, which is likely but NOT confirmed)
-All specials in Splatoon 2 will be brand new. The nintendo-treehouse team stated that no specials from splatoon 1 will be returning.(although, splash down looks like a tweaked inkstrike, and stingray looks like a tweaked killer wail)

I'm curious about what will become of splash walls and ink mines.
Splash walls might just come back as they are, but a tweak (or even a removal) are still on the table.
Ink mines? They'll get a re-imagining, I'm sure, if they return at all. I'd be very pleased if they gave the mine remote detonation ability, or let you pace three at a time ala beakons.

If they remove either mines or walls, what would they replace them with, I wonder? With the new super jumping, what will become of squid beakons?
It staggers the bad imagination

97Stephen

Pro Squid
What do you guys think? I think that they should add sub weapon/special weapon amibos and customize weapons
Do you mean amiibos depicting special weapons? Or amiibos that unlock sub/special weapons? Cause people would be starting riots about the latter.

NotAPerso

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PersocomLover
amiibo unlockable content will always be purely cosmetic. No combination of weapon sub/special will ever be only unlockable via amiibo.

Unfortunately all three hero variant weapon skins in Splatoon(1) were of the lesser used variants for the weapons chosen so hero weapons were rarely seen in online play.
I'm hoping for Splatoon 2 to have aesthetic variants that are also good gameplay-wise (like the octoshot which was introduced later).

I do hope splash wall returns though as that is my favorite sub weapon. (my dream weapon is slosher splash wall/splashdown)

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Just a thought

Splatoon 1 has disruptors, but is lacking in a blind move. . .

un-original flash bang sub/special weapon idea

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
I believe a big reason for the the old specials being replaced in favor of more balanced specials is to make the game more skill based, no more auto-winning direct confrontations easily using specials, particularly Kraken and Bubbler. That reason is also why I think Splash Walls and Disruptors might not return as they also give the player using them a lopsided advantage in fire fights. Splash Walls maybe could return if they made it so neither team can shoot through it, but I don't see how they could balance Disruptors.

Kodidro

Full Squid
Content Team
I'm curious about what will become of splash walls and ink mines.
Splash walls might just come back as they are, but a tweak (or even a removal) are still on the table.
Ink mines? They'll get a re-imagining, I'm sure, if they return at all. I'd be very pleased if they gave the mine remote detonation ability, or let you pace three at a time ala beakons.

If they remove either mines or walls, what would they replace them with, I wonder? With the new super jumping, what will become of squid beakons?
I hadn't thought of this bit about the subs. The Beakons are my biggest concern, because those are actually very useful in certain situations.

The mines you're suggesting also do sound viable. Multiple mines could make for some deadly traps, or make them a larger radius and manually detonated. Either would be quite fun

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom