• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Will You Pre-Download Splatoon?

Will Pre Downloading Splatoon be an Option?

• YES! Nintendo loves us!

Votes: 18 90.0%
  • NO! Nintendo Despises the fanbase!

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters

Captain Norris

Inkling Commander
Well, that is the question: Do you think you will be able to pre-downlaod Splatoon, like Smash Bros? I honestly do not see why not, but who knows.

Yaezakura

Pro Squid
Wait, it was? I know it was rumored, but I never thought it was confirmed. Could you please link me?
Sure thing.

For anyone not wanting to load the page, the relevant text is...

Official Splatoon Website said:
This option lets you pre-load the game. That means you’ll be able to play as soon as possible after a small update when the game is released.

Yaezakura

Pro Squid
For the record, yes, I plan to pre-load the game. I'm kind of a night owl anyway, so I wanna be playing as soon as possible. The time the local GameStop opens is right in the middle of when I'm normally asleep, so trying to buy a retail copy would mess me up for the next week.

TheGentlebro

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Gentlebro
I'm going to be getting a physical copy (Love my boxes) so I'm likely gonna be at most a day behind, but oh well.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I think I am going to get this game digitally. I have a ton of eshop cash so I might as well use it. The game also probably favors having quick access to it as oppose to having to open a disc case and exhange disc.

So to answer the question, yes I'm pre-downloading Splatoon. Not to mention be able to play immediately would be nice at launch.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Probably. Maybe. If they give us more information that makes the game seem worth a AAA $60 price-point, definitely. Otherwise it's just a maybe.

LyonHart

Inkster Jr.
I would download it, but 1. Since I got Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze from Club Nintendo, it took up 10GB of my whopping 32GB Wii U system, of which you only really get 27GB, and added up to all other games I have on it, I now have ~600MB left on it so nah that's not happening, and 2. I have GCU with Best Buy so I can get 20% off buying a new physical copy :)

To be fair, a game like that I'd want physical anyways in case I wanted to take it over to a friend's house or to an event and for whatever God forsaken reason they didn't have their own copy, or, in a more depressing circumstance, their copy was damaged/lost/stolen or whatever.

Inari

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlippingTables
I really want to play as soon as the servers open, but I think I'm going to grab a physical copy from the store this time. The box art looks great :scared:

Bottlecapn

Inkling Commander
NNID
Bottlecapn
I want to pre-download so bad! But the box art looks so good! But I want to play at midnight! But the eShop servers might crash!

OMFG HELP ME PLEASE ;-;

EDIT: Nah, I'm getting it pre-downloaded. Not worth my time at Gamestop. :l

Last edited:

jp4464

Jazzy Inkling
NNID
jp4464
I really want to play as soon as the servers open, but I think I'm going to grab a physical copy from the store this time. The box art looks great :scared:
I love how there's splotches of paint all over the cover. The cover just bursts with personality, haha

Inari

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlippingTables
I want to pre-download so bad! But the box art looks so good! But I want to play at midnight! But the eShop servers might crash!

OMFG HELP ME PLEASE ;-;

EDIT: Nah, I'm getting it pre-downloaded. Not worth my time at Gamestop. :l
If the servers didn't crash for the Smash WiiU launch I doubt they will crash for Splatoon :p

I kind of wish I had gone with the box copy of smash though, the game takes up so much space on my drive and if I had gone to the store in the morning I probably could have picked up a Gamecube adapter that day as well instead of spending the weekend hunting for one :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom