• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Wonderful 101 Social Thread: Wonder Eyes SQUID!

Cynlet

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Guantcynlet
One of the most overlooked tittles on the Wii U developed by Platinum games.
It got the action, the trophies, the bottlecaps, and creative level design.

Talk about everything Platinum games or about Wonderful 101!
If you don't know what to say then answer this question: Who's your favorite Wonderful ones in the game?
Character wise I like Alice for she helped me on lots of missions story-wise, also Wonder Scarf's awesome.
Design wise I love WONDER SANTA, simply the my favorite. nuff said.

Last edited:

GamingWarthog

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
GamingWarthog
I like Wonder Red and Pink the most character wise, both had issues in their backstory but enough focus to avoid it clouding their judgement, unlike Wonder Blue. Wonder Death has a cool design. Also Immorta's theme is awesome.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
Oh yeah, I got this game like a week before Splatoon came out. It's pretty fun (a bit hard, but that's mostly just me not being used to the controls & not remembering I have Guts/Spring), I should definitely get back to it sometime.
Haven't gotten very far (I've got Wonder Red/Blue/Green, but none of the other colors yet), but Wonder Red's alright, and Blue's cool too.
Design-wise, Wonder Famicom (or was it Legend? I don't recall) is pretty neat looking, and I like Wonder Blue's look.

Draayder

Inkling Cadet
Wonderful 101 is a great game, the final boss was some of the most fun I've had in a video game ever. I was screaming, my partner was screaming, all the characters were screaming, it was an amazing experience.

I'm a big fan of Vorken's design and general execution, Immorta was cool too. I made the most use of the Unite Fist because it's excellent and Wonder Red's one hell of a guy.

ChainALM

Senior Squid
NNID
ChainALM
It was my personal GOTY back in 2013. Playing this and Bravely Default pretty much back to back made the tail end of 2013 a blast for me.
Wonder Red is my favourite, but the banter between Green and Pink is absolutely fantastic. The levels were creative, the controls I found to be intuitive.
The music, the characters, the PUNCH-OUT! bit. There's not a moment in that game that I don't love.

Dr. Peace

Full Squid
My favorite characters were Wonder Red and Immorta easily, but Blue, Pink and Vorkken were also all great. Red's delivery of his lines is some of the best work I've ever heard in a video game, the actor really got into it and knew exactly how Red needed to sound in every scene. I loved his personal arc as well. The gameplay itself was also a ton of fun, it's fast and hectic but it has a good sense of difficulty so it pretty much always felt fair. The only real issue I ever had was allowing some enemies to throw projectiles from slightly off camera, but that was very rare. Definitely one of my favorite games of all time.

Cynlet

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Guantcynlet
It was my personal GOTY back in 2013. Playing this and Bravely Default pretty much back to back made the tail end of 2013 a blast for me.
Wonder Red is my favourite, but the banter between Green and Pink is absolutely fantastic. The levels were creative, the controls I found to be intuitive.
The music, the characters, the PUNCH-OUT! bit. There's not a moment in that game that I don't love.
I love the level where you can venture into someone's immune system. The punch out bit is very amusing, what's funny is that I'm snacking on chocolate bar when I'm facing the giant robot. "Go Little Ma- uh Wonderful 100! you can do it!!"

Cynlet

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Guantcynlet
I like Wonder Red and Pink the most character wise, both had issues in their backstory but enough focus to avoid it clouding their judgement, unlike Wonder Blue. Wonder Death has a cool design. Also Immorta's theme is awesome.
Yeah, at first Wonder Blue seems like a just a funny "trying to be cool but failed" character when you met him. However when you delve into his character arc there are times where I face palmed to his speech very hard. I do love the scenes where everyone's dissing on Blue though, Blue's reaction is pretty hilarious.
Also Wonder Death is amazing, it made me wonder why I'm the hero when I got Santa, Death, Bayonetta, a time travelled version of Red, and Time travelled Captain Pompadour on my team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom