• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Worst Lag Moment Ever?

Mr. 9

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
interesting_deal
OK squids, I know that lag is a fairly common topic around here. The title of this thread is self explanatory. I'm looking to hear about your worst lag moments ever in this game. Me? I just received a 1 hit KO from a Dual Squelcher, which is, of course, not possible (no, no enemy ink around, no, I hadn't been hit before). You?

PS: Boil all of earth's oceans off and cut me piece of what's left. The salt remaining is who I am now.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Agree with @G1ng3rGar1, all lag is worsr lag. My top "favorites" will be:
  • an inkbrush with dynamo range and ignores the killer wail cone he's standing inside, happily turfing away then like a cartoon character realizes his situation and explodes
  • the tower not moving then making a break for it when jump up and leaves you to fall into respawn
  • your teammates spamming "C'mon" while you swim, run, attack, fall, nuke, insult, and jump on the damn rainmaker that won't register your touch

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
One time I was twin squadding with a friend, museum splat zones, and it was very laggy the whole time. And then, suddenly, the game froze for a moment... and everyone except me and my friend was gone, our two teammates and the entire enemy team. Soooo we just wandered around a bit until the zone clock ran down, we "won", 5500 gold :P

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
Not sure if it's completely lag, but I've had times where I would shoot an enemy with a bubble or kraken enough to kill them, but they still manage to transform. I imagine the game give them the priority to transform since it's their saving grace, but it still sucks to seemingly put in the effort to get a fair kill, only to still die, or at best, be forced to retreat from the invincible player.

Also, I guess the fact that lag spikes mean that someone just DC'd, and how much do you want to bet they were on my team? Spoiler, A LOT! And once a DC happens, then a fun match turns into a lame slaughter. And being on the full team is little fun too. So in this case, lag is the harbinger of something awful.

The classic death by someone who you just killed is always fun too. Can't forget all those nice little moments. ┻━┻ ︵ヽ(`Д´)ノ︵ ┻━┻

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
Probably the ghost squids of Walleye SZ... but on the other hand, that was awesome.
The classic death by someone who you just killed is always fun too. Can't forget all those nice little moments. ┻━┻ ︵ヽ(`Д´)ノ︵ ┻━┻
Playing the SM, I'm afraid that I cause that quite a lot, not particularly due to lag - its shots are just really slow (relatively speaking), so I can have one hit a foe a good fraction of a second after I'm splatted.

Mr. 9

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
interesting_deal
So I was just playing at Underpass when a strapping young squid invaded our area, and faced me head on. Out comes his inkzooka pointed at my face, and I think “no problem.” I swim in a quarter circle around him, and, pop pop pop, I put him down. With the danger over, I reverse my quarter circle swimming back to where I was before. BIG MISTAKE. From nowhere out of thin air comes a renegade inkzooka shot, which puts me to bed though I had dodged the thing initially, killed the guy, and swum back to my original position (this all took several seconds). No lag, I can’t say that I like you at all.

Last edited:

SilverBlue-Neko

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-0694-5266-9796
When someone pulls out an Inkzooka, shoots nothing but air for a couple of shots, then of wave or Inknodos come out going everyone. Truly a thing of beauty.

Grflrgl

Inkster Jr.
7 seconds left to go in the game, we're winning handily, when all of a sudden the entire world turns the enemy color and we're knocked out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom