• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Worth of Drop Roller

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
For those who don't know, Drop Roller is a shoe only ability that allows you to dodge roll after you super jump when you hold the left stick while super jumping.

Is there a use for Drop Roller? When you hold the left stick, you can't shoot, or it'll disable to roll. In addition, I find the roll kind of slow so good snipers can still kill you. Plus, one would use this ability if they super jumped a lot, but that means you jumping to a safe teammate or one where you're guaranteed death no matter what.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I like it, but I prefer to have a different main ability on shoes. Also, good snipers are very, very rare.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
It's good for the Inkjet, at least. You're more likely to be caught landing from that than a super jump. Still situational, of course.

J'Wiz

Inkling Cadet
NNID
JWiz
Did you know that if you combined Drop Roll with a Dualie's dodge roll, you get a Barrel Roll?

Honestly I don't see much use for it. Even if you roll out of an ambush, the opponent still has the advantage, and will likely still splat you. It occasionally helps, but only when you're doing something that's a bad idea.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
Having had Splatoon 2 since launch day, I still have not used the drop roller yet once. Despite being a situational ability to begin with, I really don't super jump unless it's obvious it's safe to do so, meaning this would work even less for me.

The idea is cool though, but I just don't think it has any legs outside of the novelty.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
If you superjump in dangerous territory, it's very unlikely that a little roll will change that or give you any advantage whatsoever. So, it's one I never use. Maybe it'll help once every 50 matches, but that's not a great use of a slot.

darktenpura

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-1816-5244-1416
if they could buff the distance that drop roller does after super jump...I bet currently many people still don’t know how does it work, or even they know they think that is useless. Because the roll distance is so tiny.
If the distance was buffed this ability would at least help improve some inkjet issues...(being camped by people at launch point)
Also, as a sniper myself, I can usually hit a squid when they land after super jumps. I don’t remember if they have drop roller tho...

Last edited:

thundasi

Senior Squid
-The biggest draw i find is they are not expecting it.
-I you can super jump with the clam ball which is the quickest, safest route. but you are landing in their in zone so roll right between them and throw.
-Using Super Jump/drop roller/splashdowns allows you to adjust and still detonate quickly
-Jumping to the tower its nice to have a chance at getting away.
Slap 3 super jumps on a pair your not doing any thing with and bounce around bounce around rolling, actively play the strat and its really alot of fun.Clam blitz is where it shines!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom