• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Would You Booyah Back?

Would You Booyah Back if Someone Booyahed You?

• Yes I would

Votes: 27 81.8%
  • No I wouldn't

Votes: 6 18.2%

• Total voters

CodyMKW

Pro Squid
NNID
CodyMKW
Switch Friend Code
SW-2549-4631-6600
yes unless the player is rude in other online communities

RocketsTail

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-2874-2863-4789
I have a really bad loss record in ranked matches when teammates booyah a lot at the beginning of matches. Makes me think they’re throwing. I’ll booyah back during the match when we get clutch kills. I don’t mind booyah-ing back in Turf War though.

Dog2puppy

Inkling
NNID
Cooperdogbone
Switch Friend Code
SW-7547-4934-8099
I have a really bad loss record in ranked matches when teammates booyah a lot at the beginning of matches. Makes me think they’re throwing. I’ll booyah back during the match when we get clutch kills. I don’t mind booyah-ing back in Turf War though.
Usually booyahing at the beginning of the match is just a way of being friendly and saying that we can all do this and win. When they start squid flopping off to the side, then it’s throwing.

NBSink

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5607-3736-5200
Im here for playing, not booyahing. I didn't have much time to play lately but Im coming back to it. Anyway: I don't understand how people managed to booyah, shoot and move at the same time. If I want to booyah I have to take my thumb away from the left control stick. I miss a lot of booyah bombs because of that. When I have enough time to booyah once or twice it's mostly too late already.

Ondra

Inkling
NNID
unspecified
Switch Friend Code
SW-0000-0000-0000
That always depends. I usually booyah back, however in the lower ranks it isn't uncommon that people booyah even when we're losing heavily and in that case I never booyah back since there's nothing to be happy about.

Raphaël

Inkling
Most of the time I‘m so focused in the game, that I don‘t really recognize that somebody even booyah‘d, especially out of the blue.
If it‘s because I helped somebody kill somebody else or helped then out of a very dangerous situation, I usually squidflop twice if anybody booyah‘s me, trying to find the button with my finger isn‘t really an option - I‘m seriously not good at this, haha.

jabes

Inkster Jr.
I try to booyah back as often as possible especially when someone gets a good splat or if the team is doing great!

GreenTeaTaiyaki

Inkster Jr.
Im here for playing, not booyahing. I didn't have much time to play lately but Im coming back to it. Anyway: I don't understand how people managed to booyah, shoot and move at the same time. If I want to booyah I have to take my thumb away from the left control stick. I miss a lot of booyah bombs because of that. When I have enough time to booyah once or twice it's mostly too late already.
I can booyah and shoot and move at the same time, I like to booyah, so i do, I think you might know this but when you booyah for a booyah bomb, it fills up your special power gauge a little.

SmokyWreck

A captain of the darkness.
I'm so used to booyahing everything and nothing because in splatoon1, I had a friend that would booyah EVERYTHING, so I grew out the "Booyah that ****" joke and rode it all through. Now I mostly booyah when I see a kill, get my *** saved, when I super jump or if someone booyah at me.

For those asking about how you can booyah, shoot and move at the same time; a quick hand gesture. The booyah button is easily reachable with your left index finger. I know my reflex are quick enough to allow me to multitask in the middle of battles and booyah back, but that come from the fact i just tend to booyah a lot to tell my team they did something cool. As a result, you'll probably see me in rank booyahing away as I slay some ennemy.

Cephalobro

Really depends on the situation for me, I Booyah when a teammate takes down a Flyfish to encourage them to keep doing for the rest of the Salmon Run session, I Booyah back when a teammate avenged me against an enemy who has splatted me or when an area is freed from the enemy team completely thanks to my teammate. Gotta encourage more people to take down the infinite range jerks from Salmon Run somehow.

GreenTeaTaiyaki

Inkster Jr.
How do you do that?
I can booyah and shoot and move at the same time, I like to booyah, so i do, I think you might know this but when you booyah for a booyah bomb, it fills up your special power gauge a little.
I can do that by holding the controller in a different way, I put my thumb in the booyah button, my pointer finger on the controll that makes you move, my middle finger on the button that make you turn into a squid/octoling, and my right hand's pointer finger on the button that makes you shoot.

NBSink

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5607-3736-5200
Pfft, sounds complicated, I know how you do it but doing stuff like that would set my skill back a few years

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom