• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Would you turn off music if it was a option?

pooplooser

Full Squid
I want to know if you competitive squids out there would turn off the music from in-game battles for a audible advantage.
For me personally, I think it would turn down the stress levels a lot. Please Nintendo!

What are your thoughts?

boredguy108

Semi-Pro Squid
I think we should definitely have the option to toggle music on/off.

As for when I would turn off the music, it depends.

If I'm on team playing competitively, then yes, I'd turn it off. But if I'm playing solo, I'd leave the music on to keep me company.

NNID
m0nkeyd0g
Hmmm. Not sure what I would choose, but that definitely sounds like a reasonable option. The auditory difference could really help.

Although I must say, music is, and has always been an important part of any game, no matter what sort, so to take it out might make the game lose some of its personality (this might be a change you're fine with making, but at least for me it would be a little strange).

pooplooser

Full Squid
Games such as Team Fortress 2 are pretty fun to play although there isn't any music (but then again, there wasn't music to begin with)
If the option did exist and was disabled, I think over time people could get used to it if they really wanted to

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
The jams always get me pumped up and I think they contribute a lot to the intensity of the match.

I can't say whether or not I would play better without them, but I sure would miss them!!

Having the option to wouldn't hurt though.

Flareth

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I'd be fine with the option to disable music... provided there's an option to play other music (streamed from a phone, downloaded to the hard drive, etc.) as an alternative.

Of course that would require the ability to do either of those things on the console itself, so I don't see it happening.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
Yes, that would be a good idea.

As would the ability to choose which song you wanted to play during a match. Like color-lock, but for squid beatz.

jsilva

Inkling Cadet
I'd like the option to turn it off. The music is well done but I'd prefer to play without it in-game.

Zero Meddler

Inkling Cadet
That would be a great feature to have. I'd turn the game music off only to play Guile's theme from my phone (then switch to the Near K.O theme during the last minute).

Aeron

Inkling
NNID
angieyo
I enjoy the music, so I'd have to say I'd keep it on regardless of mode. It'd be nice to have the option to turn it off for those who would prefer that, but in my case, I love listening to in-game music.

97Stephen

Pro Squid
I would be in favor of it, but I wouldn't turn the music off myself. I play with headphones so I never have any problems hearing anything.

AriasFantasy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ariasfantasy
I can see this being a good thing for streamers. Often times I'll go on twitch and somebody's trying to play their music over the game audio so you can still hear the sound effects, but it just ends up giving me a headache. As for me, I might turn it off. Listening for enemy fire is always good for a weapon that specializes in surprise attacks, so there are ups and downs.

Lil_Gonz

Inkling
NNID
Macho21798
In a sense it would be a reliable option to have to be able to hear where weapons are being fired at, such as an inkstrike for instance, but imo, I wouldn't turn off the music because I love the soundtrack

Mendax

Pro Squid
NNID
hazzahbazzah
I'd probably turn it off, if I could.
know it might sound a bit strange, but the soundtrack seems to make me a worse player than when I mute it, despite the lack of sound effects.
think it has something to do with the fact that I can't think clearly when listening to rock music.

if there was an option to use a custom soundtrack, I would abuse that to the maximum extent.

tape1

Inkster Jr.
NNID
tape11
Switch Friend Code
SW-3407-1101-4635
I personally wouldn't turn the music off since I have no problems making out the sound effects during gameplay (and also because the sound track is awesome). But I can see how it can be useful for streamers and help with focus.

gtasgsdfd

Inkling
Heck no! I might not like all the tracks, but Splatoon has some of my favorite original game music in quite some time! Of course I guess it might be interesting to ink up the place to some Jimi Hendrix or Tool... Hmmm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom