• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Would you want voice chat in splatoon? Or would you not care?

Would you want voice chat in splatoon? Or would you not care?

• It NEEDS voice chat.

• it would be cool, I guess...

• Not necessarily.

• HELL NO.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Zoot

Inkling Commander
NNID
IveGotAMegaphone
Oh man, this topic again...

I'm glad we don't have it in random matches, but I'm hoping to see team-only voice chat in the August update.

V-kun

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
V-kunGX
I... Feel that this game could make use of it.. But it doesn't really need it.
Team voice chat would be a decent asset though.

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
Let's be honest with ourselves: when the update for team creating comes out in August, people will be in their separate skype calls anyways. The main reason this game doesn't have voice chat is because you're talking to complete strangers. It makes sense. I don't think the game needs voice chat, but I wouldn't be opposed to it.

BluEyes

Senior Squid
This can have voice chat for friend mode but txt chat is really what it needs for random. Voice chat for random will become an expletive fest for 5 year olds to pick up :)

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
No. We don't need another CoD with immature players insulting each other left and right.

SquidWaifoos

Senior Squid
NNID
stalfosslayer3
In my opinion, splatoon needs voice chat. Any team based competitive game needs voice chat. People need to tell their teammates what strategy to use. If you don't want to use it, don't use it.

kittea

Inkling
NNID
kit-tea
Definitely doesn't need for random battles. I don't need people shouting at me, and I'm sure no one wants to hear me shouting at them.
Having more text options besides Booyah and C'mon would be great though.

SquidWaifoos

Senior Squid
NNID
stalfosslayer3
I guess it's not needed for random battles (it kind of is though) But it better be in the August update, or I'm gonna fume.

Saturn

LFT mid range, former xlt
NNID
Saturnity
Switch Friend Code
SW-7252-9309-8314
When team vs team comes out, VOIP programs will be the best option anyway. I don't know how console scenes handle voice chat, but mumble is definitely above in-game chat on PC shooters.

Inkoishi

The Closed Eyes of Love
NNID
DokiDokiKoishi
I think it honestly doesn't need it. Spamming 'Booyah!' is more fun anyways~

SquidWaifoos

Senior Squid
NNID
stalfosslayer3
I have to wonder would having voice chat lead to COD type environments and communities...
This is a legit fear.
The main demographic of this game is for kids who are casual gamers. I doubt we would see as much cussing and assholery (that's a word, right?) as CoD.

V-kun

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
V-kunGX
The main demographic of this game is for kids who are casual gamers. I doubt we would see as much cussing and assholery (that's a word, right?) as CoD.
I sure hope so. This game has such a good thing going for it and i'd hate to see it fall on that route if they did ad voice chat.

sweetface

Inkster Jr.
NNID
badesire
There are plenty of children who play COD and like to curse and act immature. It could easily happen with Splatoon, even if it's a game for kids. We know the game has a lot of older players anyway.

People have already found ways to pull off immature stuff without voice chat... like drawing inappropriate things during a match as if it's funny. :rolleyes:

I don't think the game needs a voice chat option. Just give us more things to say other than "Come on" and "Booyah".

Hinichii.ez.™

Is Splatoon an E-Sport or just a meme?
For the sake of keeping the game pure, voice chat is a no no. Just adapt, and use skype ot some other voice chat program.

Inkoishi

The Closed Eyes of Love
NNID
DokiDokiKoishi
もしもし? 私たち、頑張って!
Fix the matchmaking to be region-based first, or give up all hope for voice chat.
Oh wow, somehow I never even thought about that part. Yeah, with the game the way it is now voice chat would be completely useless due to language barriers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom