• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 X Rank Tips

One FM

Inkster Jr.
I've finally have raked up to X Rank in all modes, but have a hard time staying there. I'm a pretty well rounded player, but obviously have things I need to kick up a notch. Any advice or tips anyone can give to become a consistent contender in the rank?

mercenariez

Inkling Cadet
NNID
gamelo8018
I’d want to know more specifics, like what weapon you use, what modes you want tips for, etc.

In general:
- minimize deaths
- maximize kill count
- help your teammates
- coordinate with your teammates
- maintain map control

superlativeb

Inkster Jr.
arguably the most broken ranking system I've ever seen so just play like you do , it doesnt matter. It pathetically bad tbh and means nothing you made it to X. sorry but that is the sad truth . X is basically " Okay you played enough , here you go "

ruminate

Inkling
arguably the most broken ranking system I've ever seen so just play like you do , it doesnt matter. It pathetically bad tbh and means nothing you made it to X. sorry but that is the sad truth . X is basically " Okay you played enough , here you go "
I don’t get that impression at all. I enjoy how they go about it far more than other games. How would you go about it different?

SmokyWreck

A captain of the darkness.
I've been a bottom X ranker since the moment it came out and haven't want down yet, so I assume I do certain things correctly! But one of the things I've come to understand that applies to every modes;

-You need to be flexible. That mean if your team tend to rush in and pressure the opponents, there's no need for you to do the same, stay around the middle and defend. If your team don't push, you can freely be the one trying to, keep your team in mind and what they are doing. Adapting and staying flexible resulted in more win for me then lost.
-It's important to look at the map. When you get killed, LOOK at the map, always keep an eyes on the map when you have free time away from ennemies. There's nothing wrong with analysing the situation before jumping in.
-Don't let losts get to you. Once you start feeling irritated, you'll have your overall playstyle reduced, even if you don't target someone specifically, you'll naturally get tunel vision from being irritated, preventing you from seeing the big pictures.
-Don't be afraid to try new things. There's nothing wrong in bringing a weapon you've never used before into X rank. I brought the Kensas Brush and never had used it before, I had many wins regardless of practice.
-At the end of the day, just keep in mind it's a rank. You can always get it back and the simple fact you have reached it once prove you can get it whenever if you drop out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom