• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Xmastival! a TournaMeme [19 December 2015]

Njok

Bouncer
Messtival! is back, but this time...

We are bringing you MEMES!

(We even recruited everyone's favorite Meme Spy @Charlight for this)

This time, you don't sign up with your squad. You sign up alone and we will put you on a team! Heck, we'll even go further than that, we'll tell you what weapon to play ;)

Ever felt like there aren't enough tier lists going around in the community? Well, help us make one!

Everyone will be assigned to one of these teams* at random. Each team will have 4 players. And yes, you are only allowed to use the weapon that's in your team name ;) (when it's not specifically said which version of the weapon it is, it means that both versions are allowed!)

* These might not be the exact teams that will be in the tournament. Depending on how many sign ups we get, some may be added, deleted or changed. UPDATE: Aerospray has become 1 team, and H-3 Nozzlenose replaced the other team Aerospray. Each weapon will be represented by 4 teams (this might be less if a lot of people end up not making it).

Link to the rules
Date: 19 December, 2015
Time: 11AM PST / 2 PM EST / 7 PM GMT / 8 PM CET
To sign up, this is what you have to do:

1. Fill in this form (Link to Google form)
2. Join the discord server (Link to Discord)
3. Be sure to check in on discord an hour before the tournament starts. Check in will last 45 minutes, after which we will make the teams. Anyone who has failed to check in by then, will not be able to play. So make sure to be on time!

That's all there is to it :)
The tournament will be played in Swiss style where every team plays 6 matches.

The matches are best of 3 and the map lists will be drawn from a pool that includes all maps and ranked modes. If a new map or mode is to be released before the tournament starts, they will be included.

There will be no bans, and every map and mode will have an equal opportunity of appearing.
a trip down memory lane

all the hip & new stuff

mind your step

staying low and safe

for the daredevils that thought round 4 was boring

round 6 will be announced right before the round starts!

The 4 players of the top team can each expect to get a small, Christmas themed surprise! (We will need your name and address for this later.)

Last edited:

Zarkith

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Zarkith
>No Team Dynamo
Worst tourney 2014

Seriously though, this sounds amazing, but does "all modes" include turf? :confused:

Travelingpik

Full Squid
NNID
travelingpik
so like if there is a team carbon roller, does that mean they can use either vanilla or deco? or only vanilla?

Dne1494

Inkling
(when it's not specifically said which version of the weapon it is, it means that both versions are allowed!)
Deco version is fair game!

Oh man, this tournament looks good. I've been wanting to see pre-chosen weapons for a while. I've already signed up.
#RapidBlaster

Snow

Inkling
NNID
Snoow92
Really good idea! Can't wait for this tournament ^^

Fightersword

Good TOs are Capitalists
Super Moderator
NNID
Fightersword
This idea is awesome. If I still played I'd definitely jump in. Good luck to you OP.

callmediego

Inkster Jr.
NNID
callmediego
Signed up without closely looking at the available teams. Put me wherever.

Nair

Full Squid
NNID
Goldenwolfy
Sign me up. I want in! I WILL MEME LIKE NO OTHER.

(I hope to get Sploosh Meme Team, tbh so now to pray to RNG)

Icky

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Lillyfield18
So hype for this, but to be honest the Bamboozler and Mini Splatling teams are too powerful. Ok maybe not too much the Bamboozler, but the Mini Splatlings DEFINITELY!!! They will easily make top 2 with little effort, besides they aren't a meme they're actually a slightly superior but more difficult to use Tentatek.

Swap the Mini Splatlings for the Sloshing Machine.

Splatoon❤️

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Lbggamer
Sounds very intresting I hope I get team Octobrush or team carbon roller

A small concern is the only charger on that list is a bamboozler and let's face it they can hardly be called a charger I gonna feel really sorry for the team that gets that weapon which will be me with my luck

So due to security reasons I will NOT give away my address to anyone therefore I just wish for the opportunity to brag to my friends at school who are stuck in b- ya know if I was in the top team

Also what's a top X elimination bracket and can I just use the discord for sign in and rules I'm not really supposed to have these social media so I have to be secretive when using it

Njok

Bouncer
Swap the Mini Splatlings for the Sloshing Machine.

Are you sure? :p

But really, we'll make sure there are no OP teams.

So due to security reasons I will NOT give away my address to anyone therefore I just wish for the opportunity to brag to my friends at school who are stuck in b- ya know if I was in the top team

Also what's a top X elimination bracket and can I just use the discord for sign in and rules I'm not really supposed to have these social media so I have to be secretive when using it
If you win and you don't want to receive your prize, that's not a problem so don't worry :)

The X stands for a number that is to be decided. Depending on how many teams we will have it will be a top 8, top 12 or top 16 that will qualify for the knockout stage.

You have to fill out the Google form and join the discord. If you can't fill out the form, you can contact me on discord and I can do it for you :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom