• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

YO-KAI WATCH Social Thred.

Slyconrad

Inkling
NNID
Pizzazle
for anything Yo-Kai Watch. if your going to talk about episodes that haven't been released in NA please put a spoiler warning.

this is for the Anime,Manga and Game's

Have fun

Last edited:

Achamo

Inkling Commander
NNID
KupoSuppi
The amount of rating this anime get does not do it justice.
Then again, it has a nice rating in Japan.. (Sorry if that sounded slightly contradicting.)

I just know a lot of people who look down on it, but I really think the series is adorable.
And for one, I love things involving Yokais, Demons, Ghosts/Spirits.

I would actually like playing the game also.
I haven't started on the anime yet, but I did read some of the manga~

Slyconrad

Inkling
NNID
Pizzazle
The amount of rating this anime get does not do it justice.
Then again, it has a nice rating in Japan.. (Sorry if that sounded slightly contradicting.)

I just know a lot of people who look down on it, but I really think the series is adorable.
And for one, I love things involving Yokais, Demons, Ghosts/Spirits.

I would actually like playing the game also.
I haven't started on the anime yet, but I did read some of the manga~
The anime has/will been airing on disney XD for this whole week, its at 5 pm EST.

BluePikmin11

Inkling
Extremely hyped for the game's release!
Also the toys will begin selling in Spring 2016, and holy cow the medals are cheap as freak!

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
I've always caught my eye at this franchise ever since I've first saw the news that they're bringing the anime and games over to NA several months ago. I'm thinking about getting the newer Yokai Watch game coming out over here whenever it gets released along with watching the TV show (I'm watching it online instead on TV because who has time for it anyway, lol).

People accuse this for being a Pokemon rip-off, but I honestly don't see why it is. It looks completely different to Pokemon in every way.

StayPuft

Pro Squid
NNID
cellularSP
I watched the subbed anime and it's not my thing honestly. Ice cream cat was the only thing I really enjoyed out of the current 9 episodes aired in the US. The human dog thing was pretty fun for the first few appearances but him getting constantly arrested quickly got old and was never really "funny" like I think it was supposed to be. Also, since when was getting caught going to the bathroom an embarrassing thing at school? I guess I'm too old to understand haha.

I did play the demo and I enjoyed that, however. Searching for Yo-Kai was surprisingly fun and I really enjoyed the designs of all the ones I encountered (the wall Yo-Kai was hilarious to me for some reason). It's a lot more immersive with the world than Pokémon is (sorry to make THAT comparison yet again), you actually look through the world as opposed to pre-selected patches of tall grass or caves, it makes the Yo-Kai feel more like part of the world you're in. The battle system also grew on me, you take a back-seat during the action but you also feel more integrated as you switch between your Yo-Kai, charge them up for their special moves, and remove debuffs placed on them. I feel like the main game that's being released Friday will be a lot of fun.

Topazrekerboy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
janspinoy
Wow! Was just about to make a thread for this! Anyway, this franchise looks very promising, as people in Japan are getting in crazy lines just to pick up Robanyan from a store.

While we are on that topic, I must ask, which Yo-Kai is your favorite? My favorite is Roughraff. Y'know, that Yo Kai in the anime that inspirited Eddie and made him a cool looking gangster. Seriously. Those black glasses are awesome! But apart from that, I just like his design and his attitude. Once that toy Yo-Kai watch actually gets translated to English, I'll be searching for Roughraff's medal! If I could choose any Yo-Kai for a starter or whatever, it would be him! :D go Roughraff!

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
As a fan of cats, I think I like Jibanyan the best. I really want plushies & figurines of him so badly now. XD

Topazrekerboy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
janspinoy
Ok now after watching the episodes up to date, For favorite is now a tie between Roughraff and Shogunyan. I just like Shogunyan's humorous personality. Komajiro is in close second. He's getting the hang of city life juuuuuuuuuusst fine!

Heroine of Squids

Inkling Cadet
NNID
bellpendant
Does anyone know where I can find episodes of YoKai Watch online? I love to watch it, but I always seem to have bad luck when it comes to finding shows I really want to watch without using the TV.

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
"YO-KAI-WATCH Social Thred"

Spelling mistakes? YO-KAI IS WHY!

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
OMG, I didn't realize there was a spelling mistake in the title! XD
Memory problems? YO-KAI-Okay, you know where this is going. I'll stop now. I actually want this game, the combat system intrigues me. I'm not sure if it's worth getting NOW or worth waiting until Christmas.

Achamo

Inkling Commander
NNID
KupoSuppi
Memory problems? YO-KAI-Okay, you know where this is going. I'll stop now. I actually want this game, the combat system intrigues me. I'm not sure if it's worth getting NOW or worth waiting until Christmas.
It's a really fun game. Much more fun than I thought it would be; from watching Japanese gameplays.
The battle system is indeed unique, and at the same time feels slightly fast-paced, considering you'll be reviving/replenishing/purifying/Using Ultimate moves all at once with not many pauses (The only Pause would be when your deciding on your items to use.)

But as you said, there isn't any rush for the game. It would just depend how on bad you want to give it a try.
I for one couldn't wait to get my hands on it though! I do hope they localize Yo Kai Watch 2 real soon..............and eventually 3...and Yokai Busters..

Topazrekerboy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
janspinoy
People are complaining about not choosing moves too! Guys, calm down. Yo-Kai have lives to live, and sometimes want to be independant. For example, in one of the episode when Jibanyan was summoned, he said he doesn't have time for this and he was shown reading a to-do list. Also, the automatic move thing is what makes Yo-Kai watch unique, if it was a choose-your-move thing, it might as well be called a Pokemon ripoff for the rest of its life then.

Also, Yo-Kai watch 1 has local play (Battle against your friends) and in Yo-Kai watch 2 has actual online play (play with other people around the world)

-Gets on the Yo-Kai-for-online-competitive-scene hype train- (Hype train! Woot woot!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom