• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Yooka Laylee! Banjo Kazooie spiritual sucessor thread!

StarHunter789

Pro Squid
NNID
Linestar777
The new characters have been announced for the Banjo Kazooie spiritual sucessor!

Playtonic's Website on Yooka-Laylee:
http://www.playtonicgames.com/introducing-yooka-laylee/

Playtonic's home page with environment slideshow:
http://www.playtonicgames.com/

Source:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/04...ad-characters?abthid=554258d8f47666267c000013

Looks very promising to me!!! Kickstarter starting on May 1 to get fan ideas to put in the game and put it on your console of choice!! More information will be coming out soon.

Last edited:

itisRag

friendly neighborhood rag
NNID
itisrag
I don't care what anyone says. I'm looking forward to this. DKC is one of my favorite series. I haven't played Banjo-Kazooie yet. Somehow that one evaded me during the N64 days, even though I played a lot of N64.

I think the Yooka-Laylee gameplay in the clip looks very nice. The graphics and environments are appealing, and the movement seems fluid. I'm sure the final game will be just as charming as the classic Rare stuff.

StarHunter789

Pro Squid
NNID
Linestar777
I don't care what anyone says. I'm looking forward to this. DKC is one of my favorite series. I haven't played Banjo-Kazooie yet. Somehow that one evaded me during the N64 days, even though I played a lot of N64.

I think the Yooka-Laylee gameplay in the clip looks very nice. The graphics and environments are appealing, and the movement seems fluid. I'm sure the final game will be just as charming as the classic Rare stuff.
Yeah, I'm looking forward to this game as well. There will be a Kickstarter soon if for this to add more things to the game that fans want in there. These are all lead ex-Rare developers so I know this is in good hands.

GeeCee

Inkster Jr.
NNID
GeeCee
NICE!!!
Those characters look so charming, like in the good old days, but with a modern twist. The art style is really appealing and screams to be on Nintendo consoles, although a PC version is a must! I'm really curios to see more gameplay mechanics and what is it borrowing from B&K
Even tho I don't put money on Kickstarter, I will definitely buy this if it comes out.

pixelatedcody

[S+99] Octoshot {AKA Pixel]
NNID
cncody
TIME TO THROW OUR MONEY AT THE KICKSTARTER!

I'm seriously pumped. another B&K type game I'm hyped for is A Hat in Time.

Sooo Goooood~

TheGentlebro

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Gentlebro
I've been anticipating when they'd reveal the characters, and I'm super glad with the results! I''ll definitely be backing this, preferably at whatever the Soundtrack is.

Also, 'Project Ukulele' was, like, super clever a name.

Yuki

Inkling
NNID
pandayuki
So does anyone else get genesis era sonic vibes looking at Yooka, or is it just me?

itisRag

friendly neighborhood rag
NNID
itisrag
So does anyone else get genesis era sonic vibes looking at Yooka, or is it just me?
The way it is standing in the artwork and has that expression on its face, yes it does resemble classic Sonic.

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Really hoping either Yooka or Laylee is a girl. Or both. Anyways, can't wait for the game and I am glad it is primary coming to PC.

StarHunter789

Pro Squid
NNID
Linestar777
Really hoping either Yooka or Laylee is a girl. Or both. Anyways, can't wait for the game and I am glad it is primary coming to PC.
I think Yooka is male and Laylee is female. But who knows, maybe they are both female or both male.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Playtonic did good. What? NASA did something? Who cares?! I've got Yooka-Laylee. :)

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I think Yooka is male and Laylee is female. But who knows, maybe they are both female or both male.
Like Banjo-Kazooie, hm? I would be perfectly fine with that, especially since I like Batzooie's design and colors the most. But I am actually thinking that Yooka is the female one, judging solely by the design and animations.

Jonke

Inkling
NNID
Jonke5
So adorable. Can't wait for this be shown tomorrow. I might actually kickstarter this the moment it goes up. :>

As for the characters, i like how they look and can't wait to see what more there's to them. As for their gender? Anything works for me. It's something that i personally put very little importance to. Whether or not it's a female or male lead, i'm going to enjoy this.

Maybe even try draw something, i feel a bit inspired by this. ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom