• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

You can get killed mid-Squid Jump

JuddTheCat

Inkling Cadet
Ok so, I was in Turf War, fighting someone, my Ink Strike just got charged, so I was going to do an Squid Jump so I can Ink Strike...I hit the respawn point on the Gamepad to squid jump to it, everything was fine and I was flying...A Roller somehow killed me while I was waaayyy up in the air.

I guess even though you are so high no one can see you while Squid Jumping, you can still get killed where you just were, until you hit the ground again.

Alus

Senior Squid
NNID
starsauce
I've been hit with an ink strike during hang time. So I don't think this is too far fetched.

But it's probably lag if a ROLLER hit you

FirestormNeos

Senior Squid
NNID
FirestormNeos
I doubt a Roller can swat you from way up there, however I'd be mightily impressed with someone who Killer Wail's a super jumper. That would be epic, if a little BS.

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
It was lag. I remember I personally killed someone AFTER they have killed me, and I respawned. And this has happened to me as well, where I kill tuem, and by the time they are back up, they kill me.

Chocoling

Pro Squid
NNID
Mystical-Tabby
during the testfire i was shot out of the sky by a splat charger.
that inkling has some fine aiming.

° Moteki

¤MÆL°
NNID
Shoctopus
i'd hate to think you don't have i-frames during the peek of the jump. Happened once to me.. would of been the coolest escape too!

ndayadn

yeah
NNID
Seabass
I've flown through wails and inkstrikes...pretty sure it's just lag.

Marraphy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Marraph
you're invincible during the jump, I've jumped through inkstrikes unphased lol. When you turn back into a human as you land (when you're able to begin shooting) I think invincibility wears off then. What happened to you sounds like a lag kill most likely; there's been plenty of times in lag where I'm like "Wait... didn't that roller run through me ?" ...2 seconds later SPLAT

BluEyes

Senior Squid
Speaking of squids, I noticed that you can jump over a seeker as an inkling but not as a squid. i also notice if you hide in the bad guys ink, you can survive the kraken sometimes :) . lag maybe.

Hrafn

Inkling
NNID
Thursfield
I've been killed mid-super jump on more than one occasion. Never been very far up in the air though, and always on the up rather than the down.

It's very likely it's all due to lag, since I've killed players and then walked away just to be splatted by the person I just killed several seconds later before they respawn

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom