• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Your Best/Worst Shifty Station?

radio-fashion

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3797-5332-9696
With the FInal Splatfest bringing back every shifty station, I figure it's the best time to ask! What's YOUR best and worst shifty station? Which are you excited to see back, and which are you loathing having to play on?

I adore the Unicorns vs Narwhals station with the inkfurlers and the lowering tides, it surprised me so much when the tides lowered! But oh man, I hate the gushers station. I don't know what splatfest it's from, but the gushers just seem tacked on in most places and the idea doesn't seem as explored as it could be.

Cephalobro

Worst would definitely be the one with Windmill in its name, it's way too open and I hate how the rotating walls can be climbed up, effectively making the win against an Octobrush impossible. The best would be the Grind Rail stage, I just love denying the enemy team from going to my side of the area.

Chilly_Blu

SRL Intern
Switch Friend Code
SW-0051-2661-0160
I haven't really found a stage that I hate the most yet, but my favorite would have to be Gusher towns. If you don't want an enemy to come in yet or prevent them from leaving, the gushers are very useful.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
I am really hating the invisible floor one. It's so tight and cramped and it's hard to know what to do and where to go in any given moment if you are unfamiliar with the layout. Favorite so far would have to be A Splat in Our Zones. The Splat Zone thingys are fun, and the middle can be such a glorious mess since enemies can climb to the snipe, and it does require a lot of strategy regarding controlling the middle - even defending a person in your snipe. I love it so much.

Nabbittherabbit

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-4443-3333-1434
I heard there is going to be one where u beat the final boss in Octo expansion . And they will have those bombs and pearl and marina come as recruitment

Forma

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Forma1
Switch Friend Code
SW-3994-7331-0318
So far, the worst is definitely Bridge to Tentaswitchia - at least in solo play. If your teammates don't know to immediately rush the center and cover as much as you can before it gets locked out, you're fighting nearly nonexistent odds of winning.
On the other hand, I think The Bunker Games nails the concept perfectly - you're more likely to win one of the first locked off areas, meaning you're more than likely going into the final part of the match on a more even playing field that's easier to recover from.

Enperry

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
ssjplt
Switch Friend Code
SW-0405-1788-8108
So far, the worst is definitely Bridge to Tentaswitchia - at least in solo play. If your teammates don't know to immediately rush the center and cover as much as you can before it gets locked out, you're fighting nearly nonexistent odds of winning.
On the other hand, I think The Bunker Games nails the concept perfectly - you're more likely to win one of the first locked off areas, meaning you're more than likely going into the final part of the match on a more even playing field that's easier to recover from.
Gotta agree with this. Tentaswitchia sucks and Bunker Games is amazing.

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Sweet Valley Tentacles, Bridge to Tentaswitchia and MC Princess Diaries are probably my favorites, due to their gimmicks complementing the Turf War mode itself so well, instead of just being a twist in the level design.

My least favorite is the Bouncey Twins, although the name is hilarious.

Ikalula

Inkling
100% agree. It felt so cramped and the whole idea of locking half of the stage off halfway through the battle really irks me. If you're loosing when it gets locked, you're basically guaranteed a loss. Playing it during the Fest it appeared in (Thankfully didn't get it during Chaos vs. Order) was honestly so frustrating.

radio-fashion

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3797-5332-9696
Now that I've finally had time to do private battles with all the new stations and I assume everyone else has, I want to know if anyone's opinions have changed!

Personally, i find myself ADORING the graplinks stage. You can go from one spawn to the other with one stingray, it's beautiful

radio-fashion

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3797-5332-9696
Yes, we all have 7 friends who own a Switch and Splatoon 2 living nearby...
You... don't need nearby friends to play private battles? You can play private battles online, there are discord servers and groups online who will happily join you for online private battles

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Wait...I thought the Splatfest stages would only be added for LAN/wireless play? I guess I should try to make that happen, then.

Still, it's too much hassle for what essentially accounts for half the game's stages. I mean, getting 7 others together, in your region preferrably (connection-wise and all) and agreeing on the time/rules... I don't know about you, but I do most of my gaming at the end of a day, when I just want to pick up a controller and play a bit. Having to jump through a couple hoops just to access a big chunk of the game's content really won't be possible for me very often and that makes me a little sad.

Like, I appreciate that the content isn't 100% gone, but not everyone has the time to get these kinds of things going. Hell, I don't even generally have the time to hang around on Discord, let alone get a game going with others online. It really doesn't fit with the game's otherwise excellent accessability.

radio-fashion

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3797-5332-9696
Wait...I thought the Splatfest stages would only be added for LAN/wireless play? I guess I should try to make that happen, then.

Still, it's too much hassle for what essentially accounts for half the game's stages. I mean, getting 7 others together, in your region preferrably (connection-wise and all) and agreeing on the time/rules... I don't know about you, but I do most of my gaming at the end of a day, when I just want to pick up a controller and play a bit. Having to jump through a couple hoops just to access a big chunk of the game's content really won't be possible for me very often and that makes me a little sad.
Nope, it's available for private battles, but turf war (splatfest) is it's own tab like rainmaker and clams and all that

You don't always need to set up a big old match like that! You could just find a popular discord and ask if people want to join you for some basic turf war, that's what I've always done and we had a full room in no time! But even then, 2v2's and 3v3s are still fun imo, you don't always need to have a full house. Heck, I'm sure if you made your own discord server you'd get a few bites

DJ Particle

Senior Squid
NNID
DJParticle
Switch Friend Code
SW-0728-9987-8856
My fave remains THUNDERDOME! (Bunker Games). As for worst, Bouncey Twins, where I bounced to my death far too often.

NNID
AngiegirlAj
Switch Friend Code
SW-6335-9594-5114
I honestly love all of them, so i don't have a least favorite. My favorite, however, is Mc. Princess Diaries! The way pearl helps one of the teams with her princess cannon is so cool! And fly octo fly ebb and flow is an awesome track! Also because pearl is best girl XD :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom