• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

your favorite sandwich

Pteropine

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RennyKlavan
Subways BMT w/ provolone cheese on flat bread... other than that pb&j

Cuddlefish

Pro Squid
NNID
Anastas
Any where I'm the fixings and two other girls are the buns.

After that, I'd take a grilled cheese; I love a good grilled cheese.

Aerotop

Inkling
I really like roast beef, turkey, mustard and lettuce sandwiches on sub rolls.

DarkGold777

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DarkGold777
The furthest I've gone are Ritz Bitz cheese and ice cream sandwiches. I just don't like the normal kind, which doesn't help how picky I am about food. :P

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
BLT sammich. Add some mayo to it and it's 100% complete. Don't really eat it regularly or anything, it isn't that fat but there's so much salt in bacon it ain't good for you. I also adore Club Sandwiches, but those are actually fatty.

Most of the time i eat regular sandwiches with hazelnut-choco paste and jam, mostly because it's actually slightly better for my body.

Luka

Inkling
NNID
Kittari
My my, I love me a Tomato and Mozzarella Panini with Spinach, Cilantro, Roasted Tomatoes, and a little Olive Oil. Absolutely delicious, despite having no meat in it!

Pteropine

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RennyKlavan
My my, I love me a Tomato and Mozzarella Panini with Spinach, Cilantro, Roasted Tomatoes, and a little Olive Oil. Absolutely delicious, despite having no meat in it!
I am suddenly hungry

Terabyte

Inkling Commander
NNID
PokeBoy99
A nice hot ham and cheese sandwich never fails me. Other than that, I like just the regular - meat, tomato, lettuce, mayonnaise, and cheese. Nummy nummy.

Skyler

Inkling
NNID
JackoMelon
I like sandwiches with lettuce, a bit of cheese, and a lot of turkey. Smoked preferably, but it's not necessary. I also like toasting my bread and throwing on hot sauce, because I don't like mayonnaise and I don't really favor mustard on turkey sandwiches. But I also like egg salad sandwiches and sandwiches that just have a lot of lunch meats on them.

Curses, now I'm hungry...

SleuthMechanism

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SleuthMechanism
The B.L.O. bacon, lettuce, an onion sandwich(and mayo ofcourse). Possibly my greatest invention of all time.

UnnecessaryTodd

Full Squid
NNID
UnnecessaryTodd
Top 5 Sandwiches:

5. Cucumber + Cream Cheese - Deceivingly simple but exceptionally delicious. Refreshing to the palate and easy to get creative with, using different kinds of cream cheese, adding a sauce, or even ham or smoked salmon makes this sandwich a staple.

4. Peanut Butter and Marscapone: Toasted - This sounds weird but TRUST me you are missing out if you haven't had this. It's sweet and salty magnified into a creamy and gooey delight. Especially delicious if you have a sandwich press that seals the edges of the sandwich and makes amazing pockets of perfection.

3. The Medianoche - Spanish for "Midnight", this sandwich is a Cuban staple. Roast pork, Ham, Mustard, Swiss Cheese, Dill Pickles. Doesn't sound like anything extremely special, but the key to a great Medianoche is the bread. You use a sweet egg-dough, like a brioche or challah. I've made my own bread before specifically for this sandwich and it is worth it, especially if the bread is just that perfect level of solid but able to just pull apart so easily and a tender crust... Hearty, filling, delicious, kickass name, this sandwich has it all.

2. The Melt - Or a Toastie/Jaffal depending on where you're from. The Melt is perfection. A toasted cheese sandwich but with any slew of extra ingredients you want. A personal favourite is spring onion and marinated chicken or pulled pork just so that you get to hit every flavour. This should be at the top of anyone's list but I take it to 2nd because it needs to be toasted and that, to me, is not a pure sandwich.

Honourable Mention: The Francesinha - The Francesinha deserves to be mentioned, it is essentially a toasted cheese sandwich (not a melt as it has no filling other than cheese but you can use one anyway if you want to get creative) served with a layer of melted cheese over the top, and in a bowl of tomato soup. This is the ultimate winter food.

1. The Ultimate Sandwich - No, not THIS sandwich, or THIS sandwich (Although I do want to try the Time Sandwich one day) The Ultimate Sandwich is many things. In a way, any sandwich is the ultimate sandwich but at the same time, none of them are. The Ultimate Sandwich comes from your heart and is whatever you make of it. My Ultimate Sandwich is:

Bread 1 (Preferebly a fresh soft wholemeal or white, thick cut)
Crushed Avocado
Chipotle Aioli
Jarlsberg Cheese Slice 1
Ham
Turkey
Jarlsberg Cheese Slice 2
VERY thinly sliced cherry tomatoes
Iceberg Lettuce
Muenster Cheese Slice 1
Grated carrot
Pepper
Bread 2

This sandwich is my baby, I love it and often I'll add things like red onion or a different sauce or cheese but this is true perfection to me. I urge everyone to experiment and find their ultimate sandwich.

UnnecessaryTodd

Full Squid
NNID
UnnecessaryTodd
A cook book or just any sort of book?

(I'm actually working on writing a cook book from a video game designer's perspective which is kinda fun)

Ink Gunner Emily

Full Squid
NNID
Ayerin
My homemade Tuna Sandwiches.

1. A can of Chicken of the Sea with water. (never get it with tuna oil)
2. A few dollops of Mayonnaise.
3. Mix it up till it's creamy with some chunkiness.
4. Add Garlic Salt and Chopped Onion, mix it into the creamy tuna. (Optional)
5. Be sure it's on Wheat or Rye bread.
6. Mozzarella or Provolone are recommended cheeses. (Optional)

Fakevox

Senior Squid
Just violently shove a bunch of deli meats and provolone into some bread.

Perfection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom