• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Your feelings on Splatoon now the Testfire is over?

Lapsy143

Full Squid
NNID
Lapsy143
THIS IS THE EEENNNNNDDDDD!

MY LIFE WILL NEVER BE THE SAME UNTIL IT COMES BADK

*cue fatal ink shot*

Deru

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Derick
Until the release...

But seriously, the third time just FLEW by! I kept track of the time on the previous 2 sessions, but this one I just forgot completely and next thing I knew the hour was up and I was a very sad squid baby :(

Deku

Senior Squid
NNID
Rolandd
Hoping for another surprise demo. 20 days is too long . . .

Reila

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Fantastic. I never doubted Splatoon's potential to be incredible and I am still surprised over how great it is.

Twilord

Senior Squid
NNID
Twilord
*cries a little*

It was nice to be a part of something...

(Also I want more sooner)

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Any sort of minor doubt is now gone. Especially from what other stuff we saw from the direct.

I mean, this game is soooo awesome! And it will get even better with all the new stages, gear, weapons, and single player!

My only worry is how good it will do sales wise, but I already put money down myself on it. <3

Glinkling

Inkling
Wanted before the demo.
Now even more hype for it
I can't even play on release day due to vacations

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
I need more! This made it even more painful to wait for it.

Nico Nico Sleep

Pro Squid
You know, I honestly have a lot to say about the game. Some positive and even some negative. Please keep an open mind when reading.

The gameplay is incredibly well done. I can fell they took plenty of variables and factors into consideration when developing weapons and maps. The aiming feels intuitive with only very slight errors. Visuals although at 720p with no anti-aliasing are at 60fps and are nice to look at. Paint is clear and noticeable making combat and paint-spreading incredibly easy. From what I can tell there was only about 3 different battle themes. 1 was the main theme, the other was an alternate theme and the third was the 1 MINUTE LEFT theme. Each was exhilarating and complimented the gameplay well.

We played on 2 of the 5 base maps for the launch. Around the third session I felt myself craving more maps and was somewhat tired of the first two. If I got slightly bored of 2 maps in only about 3 hours of playtime, how quickly will I get bored of the 5 base maps? After that do I play the campaign only to finish it in a day or two? I understand that many of the game modes and maps are being patched in for free at a later date, but the $60 price tag is really overbearing for a base game with such little content. Let's not forget the 60 missions locked behind an amiibo pay-wall.

It's a very polished game with lots of potential, but I can't help but feel uneasy about purchasing it for such a large price.

zmop

Inkling Cadet
NNID
zorgmop
how do i feel...time to twiddle my thumbs for 3 weeks till release. haha naw, i love this game even more. the builds at E3 and Pax East were the same and I hoped for more for this test and I got more.

i know how my summer months will be spent!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom