1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Squidboards now has its own Discord server!

Join us on Discord!

3. Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 15,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 150,000 posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Splatoon community!

4. Splatoon 2 has released around the globe!

Join the Splatoon 2 hype and discussion!

Your fresh moments in Splatoon 2

Discussion in 'Regular Discussion' started by ZEROrevive, Jul 24, 2017.

1. ZEROrevive

ZEROrevive Inkling Fleet Admiral

NNID:
    ZEROrevive
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-0412-8620-8627
    Pretty basic here. Instead of spilling the salt, were pouring out the good vibes!

What are some positive, amazing, or even funny moments you've had in Splatoon 2? This can be for any mode: Turf Wars, Splatfests, Ranked, Salmon Run- even Hero Mode! Just drop in those fresh moments.

I'll start with my own- I was plating Turf War at the Inkblot Art Academy map. As a ink brush user, I was doing well to keep any bypassing enemy inklings in check as we had the team pinned down. I decided to check around the middle area just in case and...whats this? A member on my team is idling! He was using some kind of Aerospray....but he wasn't pointed down or anything. Infact, he just stood there and looked around a bit. I became a bit concerned...so, I came over and...

Bap!

I slap him a few times with my brush to get his attention. He seems to turn his view to me....so I call out...

This Way!

Another member of our team wanders over and looks at us both- it was a girl. Looked rather confused by what was going on. The boy paused, then does the same back....

This Way!

And....we all both go about our inking business, hahah. I guess I gave him a bit of a moral boost! And we won that match, fittingly.

Now, what are some of your good moments?

Savage likes this.
  2. Hero of Lime

Hero of Lime Inkling Fleet Admiral

NNID:
    Link643
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-5339-5185-8796.
    Ooh, this is a good thread idea. We had one for Splatoon 1, we need one for Splatoon 2.

One of the hypest moments was winning a 3 v 4 Splatzones match. Initially I was so distraught that someone had poofed away at the start, but I decided to play my hardest, and we won handily.

For other great moments, ranked has had a ton of matches that I just went nuts in. Obviously being very experienced in the game helped, but not only did I do well in many of the matches, but every time I was basically leading my team very well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This has been the norm in all my Rainmaker (using the Tentatek) and Tower Control (using the Slosher) matches. And I am kicking myself for deleting the win in the 3 v 4 from my album while trying to clean it up because at first glance it looked like there was nothing spectacular about it. :oops:

3. ZEROrevive

ZEROrevive Inkling Fleet Admiral

NNID:
    ZEROrevive
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-0412-8620-8627
    So I just finished tower control and...

IMG_20170725_161856.jpg

WHEW.

It was the most fun I ever had in Tower Control! Every round was a tight match, but gradually id help push for the win by helping watch the area around the tower. This roller thrives in the mode! Try it!

4. DigitalRainmaker

There's nothing that gets the blood flowing more than a 3vs4 victory. I'm surprised how many times players are afk, but the rest of your team end up being pretty good.

epicRedHot, Danku, jookie and 4 others like this.
  5. the

the Inkling Cadet

The other day I somehow splatted two people with a shot from my charger! Unfortunately I lost the match, but it still felt good.

And yesterday I waited below an edge with my baller in hopes that someone would jump down, and as it turned out three people did so at once. It was kinda a dirty trick on my part but I just found it funny that it worked that well!

ZEROrevive and Agadez like this.
  6. Agadez

Agadez Octobrush Crackerjack
    Premium

NNID:
    AgadezXX
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-6876-4856-7669

"Just get on the tower please"

I'll be trying to record matches to post on here. I'm bad at telling stories. :V

ZEROrevive likes this.
  7. ForteReborn

ForteReborn Inkling Commander

NNID:
    ForteReborn
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-5389-7346-0792
    To have all my accessories float with what I had unintentional results.

First up, charge up. Good, good. Second, ink resistances, good. More of it. Good.

Wait...

TRIPLE MAIN INK SAVOR UP? WAIT, MORE INK SAVOR? NO, STOP, MY HEART. MORE INK RESISTANCE!?

And I squealed like a little girl. Hard.

Slushious and ZEROrevive like this.
  8. kobomb

kobomb Inkster Jr.

NNID:
    lolicomplex
    some random guy memed up a splashdown i got over hyped for during the JP splatfest.. was pretty fresh imo

9. Nixon_Corral

Nixon_Corral Inkling

I've only had this game since Monday, and I didn't have the first one, so I'm pretty short on super fresh moments, but yesterday I won a game by 0.1% for the first time (also earning one of my first MVPs). That was pretty great.

10. ZosDaddyO

ZosDaddyO Inkster Jr.

IMG_1826.PNG

This was a super proud moment, like "they actually get it!" (That or I had all vets on my team) we had a brush user, who actually ran up to the rain maker, AND EVERYONE FOLLOWED! We didn't even bump into each other on the way there. To top it off, everyone then turned around and splattered someone , I inked a path up, called out, and the other two covered the rear while they ran it in! A perfect run!

Agadez and ZEROrevive like this.
  11. ForteReborn

ForteReborn Inkling Commander

NNID:
    ForteReborn
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-5389-7346-0792
    I got squidbagged today by a charger. He seem pretty fresh, so I kinda dropped my causal sense of playing the lazy carbon roller and began tailgating him whenever he made his appearance. Lurking in the wake of the ink, I swatted him once. Squidbagged, and leap away.

Phase two, uh oh, charger looks pretty angry at me. Better be quiet....Shhh....Best to catch him when he isn't looking. Hum, it would appear the charger is busy.

HI! Ka-splat!...Squidbag for a second time. Can Forte make it for a third? Or is it asking too much salt?

That charger spawned. Oh no, he looks REALLY angry at this point. He is firing rapidly and seeking me out. But it's too bad some of my team members distracted him. I waltz up behind. He sharply turns, raging, tossing bombs. I swat him for a third, oozing the last of the agony. The match ends, we won.

I never saw that charger afterwards, huh. But it made me smile.

Egg Queen, Danku, ZosDaddyO and 3 others like this.
  12. speedySonic

speedySonic Full Squid

A bit unorthodox, but I'm making pretty good progress in this mode. I'm enjoying it much more than the version in Splatoon 1.

13. Savage

Savage Inkster Jr.

NNID:
    coolSean
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-2155-3339-9509
    My personal freshest moment in Splatoon 2 so far has been after I regained my baby, the Splash o Matic. It was like I never left it! Movement was amazing with it. Anyways, I went on ranked for a bit because I was ready to be tilted, and I broke my record of 23 kills with 24!
    [​IMG]

Splash o Matic represent!

Hero of Lime likes this.
  14. HySquid

HySquid Full Squid

NNID:
    mob362
    While trying to win back a part of the map, I splatted someone who tried to flank me and quickly splashdowned someone who tried to kill me with the Ink Jet.

(weapon used: splattershot)

Savage likes this.
  15. mercenariez

mercenariez Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    gamelo8018
    Oh my god, you're amazing!

16. sunaku

sunaku Hello again!
    Community Ambassador Premium

NNID:
    yuuisim
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3702-6418-1999
    So in Splatoon 1 I actually stuck to the rollers because they felt much more usable to me than aim weapons, as aiming was extremely difficult for me.

When I first got to try Splatoon 2's demo, I was forced to use the dualies.. and ended up winning the matches I was in. When the game actually came out, I picked up the Splattershot Jr... and...

[​IMG]

Needless to say, I was surprised.

Hero of Lime, ZEROrevive and Savage like this.
  17. FirestormNeos

FirestormNeos Senior Squid

NNID:
    FirestormNeos
    The other day, I kept running into this team of like, 2 or 3 chargers on turf war. I was running Duelers.

C U R B S T O M P E D
    X D

18. MissingNumbers

MissingNumbers Inkling Commander

NNID:
    MissingN
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-4262-2166-2532
    So they say miracles are impossible. I am living proof that this is far from the truth.

Halfway through a Rainmaker match, it looked hopeless. They were on their way to the pedestal. And yet, we were able to smack them off mid-dunk. Our efforts to push were in vain until right at the very end. They attempt to escape, but we take out the carrier as they attempt to crawl down the hallway. Overtime clicks in as we scramble down the hall, taking everything out with us. They were pulling all the stops with their specials, but we caved through it all. Final score: 99 to 97.
    2017072920392500-CBA841B50A92A904E313AE06DF4EF71A.jpg

Dog King, Savage, Danku and 4 others like this.
  19. Torloth

Torloth Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    Torloth
    Alright Rain Maker Moray Towers.
    I've got my Splatining gun I held back to provide cover fire from the standard Charger position.
    They splat the Ground team... 1v4 I let them pop the Sheild then unload I splat three of them. Just in time for my team to respawn.
    (BOOYAH!!!)
    My team scoops up the now open Rainmaker and walk it in.

3kills one charge.jpg

Savage likes this.
  20. Cerebralbore101

Cerebralbore101 Inkster Jr.

I launched a full Tentamissile volley at the enemy team on Moray Towers. My team was running the rainmaker up the final fifteen meters and the entire enemy team was clustered near their pedestal. I splatted all 4 enemies at once.

21. Jenizen

Jenizen Inkling

NNID:
    shadowschwa413
    Rainmaker, I'm using the Splat Roller, and the enemy team is approaching the pedestal. I realize that I have my special ready, and a teammate is near the pedestal as well - so I super jump, Splashdown... and wipe the enemy team in one go.

Sadly we lost anyway, but still!

22. Danku

Danku Inkling Commander

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-6239-2879-4288
    Recently i picked up the heavy splatling again, as it was my main in Splatoon 1, but i was so unbelievably rusty with it about a week ago that i was discouraged from playing it. But i played it last night and this morning to try and see if im any good with it, and sure enough, i managed to dominate. It was such a great feeling, totally reminded me why i used to main the thing. I was jumping from high ground with a complete charge and shredding squids who were below, clearing out entire sections of the map, I even managed to get multiple splats with the STING RAY, and just all around had good games with it. It was like being reunited with an old friend. :')

Hero of Lime, the, Savage and 4 others like this.
  23. Savage

Savage Inkster Jr.

NNID:
    coolSean
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-2155-3339-9509
    Rainmaker on Musselforge. After coming back from a loss, my team rushes the pedestal. 3 go the same way and get splatted while I flanked with the ink rail. I use my baller (was using .52 Gal) and go between all of them and get a team wipe. I pop the bubble and put the RM on the pedestal.

I cried that day.

Jenizen likes this.
  24. SH101

SH101 Full Squid
    Premium

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-8123-4313-8823
    Got mine last night! Was a hard road. Told myself as soon as I hit 25 I was done for the day.. Wound up playing for like 2 more hours lol:)

Danku likes this.
  25. leowtyx

leowtyx Semi-Pro Squid

NNID:
    leowtyx
    That guy D/C halfway so we were 3v4, but it turns out to also be my highest Turf War score!

DF3bJX_UQAA3Ti1.jpg

26. Danku

Danku Inkling Commander

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-6239-2879-4288
    those are last ditch effort glasses, right? I imagine those REALLY came in handy.

leowtyx likes this.
  27. Kimmorz

Kimmorz Inkster Jr.

NNID:
    Kimmorz
    My moment was nothing special, but it felt pretty cool. Happened in Salmon Run last week. We were on the map with the elevators, and were in the low-tide wave. Was in the last 13 seconds, and the only one alive, so I decided to book it to safety (we already met the egg quota). I noticed my teammates were all together, and slightly out of harms way, so I went for them. Jumped of the edge of the upper level and did a vertical fling with my roller to revival all of them in one hit just as the match ended. They were lined up in a row, so it hit perfectly, so that felt pretty nice.

28. leowtyx

leowtyx Semi-Pro Squid

NNID:
    leowtyx
    Yup, 18k Gold baby!

Exactly the reason I bought (overpriced) it from Murch.

Danku likes this.
  29. Danku

Danku Inkling Commander

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-6239-2879-4288
    I was getting seabagged by some scumbag in Splat Zones Humpback Pumptrack, but while he was doing so he got splatted by my Autobomb i threw beforehand. I never got to revenge seabag him, but i guess actually winning the match was good enough revenge. ;)

Hero of Lime likes this.
  30. leowtyx

leowtyx Semi-Pro Squid

NNID:
    leowtyx
    I have to update my freshest moment after tonight,

I Jump threw a bomb into the Flyfish's wing, from Behind!

Danku likes this.
  31. Danku

Danku Inkling Commander

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-6239-2879-4288
    i mean, that alone wouldve been fresh enough for me.

leowtyx likes this.
  32. aeron!

aeron! Inkster Jr.

NNID:
    angieyo
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-5897-6499-1183
    Ooh I have a couple!

Winning by .1% recently definitely felt good! Nailbiter rounds are a lot more fun than knockout rounds for me.

Also, I had been struggling in Salmon Run for a bit (got sent all the way back to apprentice :() then played a lot more & went all the way up to profreshional!! (One round we had a crew wipe immediately after the wave ended so we were still successful. Very anxiety-inducing but also pretty darn cool)

& one of my funniest moments was when I was in rainmaker & a teammate & I were standing on a platform, taking out the other team's members, when 1 of them SWAM UP THE WALL & SURPRISED US. I was splatted in 1 hit & my teammate was so startled they fell off the platform & into. abyss I suppose. Gotta love Moray Towers rainmaker

ZEROrevive likes this.
  33. swimmingknife

swimmingknife Semi-Pro Squid

My funniest moment was probably when I splatted an opponent with an empty Ink Brush.

It was on Moray Towers about a week or so ago. I was still getting back into the game after a pretty long absence, so I was still making some pretty amateur mistakes. I used all my ink to chase an opponent down through their own ink, but I was so caught up in the rush that I didn't realise my tank was empty. I stood there, mashing ZR, until the guy died from scratch damage. He never made any effort to stop me either; I don't know if he got distracted IRL or if he was just bewildered by the stupidity of my actions, but either way I guess it paid off.

My finest moment so far was probably taking down a Flyfish in Salmon Run by jump-throwing a bomb into its launcher right before it closed. As in, a fraction of a second later would have been too late. Considering that I struggle with jump throws to begin with, it felt pretty amazing.

There was also the time that I rescued a teammate just in time for them to deliver the last Golden Egg we needed. Our egg counter hit 11 the exact second that the countdown hit zero. That was pretty good.

Danku, leowtyx and Jenizen like this.
  34. cm250

cm250 Inkling Cadet

NNID:
    holleyfam2003
    my greatest moment was when I got a full wipe with the L-3 on tc in moray

35. Danku

Danku Inkling Commander

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-6239-2879-4288
    Whenever this kind of thing happens to me, I question if my opponent genuinely felt bad about the stupid mistake I made and let me get the splat out of sheer pity.

swimmingknife likes this.
  36. Danku

Danku Inkling Commander

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-6239-2879-4288
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!
    I hit Superfresh with my babies, Hero Splatling Replica and Herobrush Replica and I couldn't be more elated! It's crazy to believe I picked up the Octobrush all the way back in Splatoon 1 because I watched a montage of the Octobrush on a small channel called Vorend Voteri I think, and then it became arguably my best weapon. Getting Superfresh with my Hero Splatling also gave me the confidence I needed to keep using the Splatlings. For a while I was doubting if it was really my weapon type and if I should just drop it, but I'm SO glad that isn't the case at all. Getting the hero replicas AND superfresh on those replicas just feel like amazing milestones to reach, like can say you ARE well versed in this weapon, this is YOUR weapon.

ZEROrevive likes this.
  37. aeron!

aeron! Inkster Jr.

NNID:
    angieyo
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-5897-6499-1183
    Oh, I just remembered another funny moment from Splat 1.

A couple of my friends & I decided to play some turf war & during 1 battle in Port Mackerel we started a squid party. We got everyone except 1 person on the opposite team to join. We moved our party right in the center of the map & then that 1 guy who didn't join LANDED AN INKSTRIKE ON ALL OF US.

So in the next round my friend tried writing "F U Trevor" (that person's name was Trevor) in ink - it didn't really work though. It was pretty darn funny, though

38. SH101

SH101 Full Squid
    Premium

Switch Friend Code:
    SW-8123-4313-8823
    Won a 3v4 just nowA first in either 1 or 2:) Apparently the player who disconnects gets the 1000 bonus too:p

39. Slushious

Slushious A Double Fistful of Bad Habits
    Premium

NNID:
    Setsu-P
    Switch Friend Code:
    SW-3439-5127-4993
    Couple days ago: Antisniper Initiative kicked back in, took out the one on the other guys' team just like old times. Next round she was on our side and I saw why it was so easy - new charger main with training wheels. She was getting hassled the same way by an opponent when I came around a corner on Port, so I just took them out and moved on. Got a booyah.

Today: Successfully remembered to dualie-dodge at the right times while guarding one of our jump rings and took out not only the roller coming at us but also the guy trying to jump to them immediately after. Teamwide booyah moment.
    Dodged around another guy who hadn't mastered his yet, got him and earned his personal attention for the rest of that match =p

I feel like I'm getting the hang of how to turf pacifist-style in this game now, which raises my personal morale a lot. Getting splatted less even if I'm not performing regular opponent-stompings, and working as decent team support, so I'm happy with how I'm doing :)

40. GamemasterTom

GamemasterTom Full Squid

NNID:
    GM-Tom
    A few days ago I managed to carry the Rainmaker through Moray Towers using all ink rails alone, and some enemies were shooting at me and failing, that gave us the advantage we needed to win.

Danku and ZEROrevive like this.