• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Your ideal 12 perk combination.

RotomGuy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RotomGuy

Mine would be:

Haunt
Cold-Blooded
Quick Respawn
Quick Respawn
Ink Saver (Main)
Ink Saver (Main)
Ninja Squid
Swim Speed Up
Swim Speed Up
Ink Resistance Up
Special Charge Up
Ink Recover Up

SirEndipity

Inkling
NNID
SunBucket
Hmm, I'd have to go with...

Recon
Quick Super Jump
Stealth Jump
Run Speed Up
Swim Speed Up
Swim Speed Up
Ninja Squid
Damage up
Damage up
Cold-blooded
Ink saver (main)
Ink recover up

Obviously going for a stealthy glass cannon build. Probably would use an inkbrush

WeirdChillFever

Pro Squid
Recon: A free Echolocator to plan a route.
Also handy for my preferred special: Inkstrike.
Knowledge is power and I'm Godzilla.

Damage Up: To gain the lead in direct firefights.

Ink Saver (Main): To save ink to use for the sub-weapons.

Ink Saver (Sub): I found myself having too little ink to throw a bomb in the Testfire.

Ink Recover Up: It was default in the demo and I liked it.

Ink Recover Up:

Run Speed Up:
I want to run-and-gun and this makes it faster.

Run Speed Up

Swim Speed Up:
To get around fast.

Swim Speed Up

Special Charge Up:
duh.

Special Charge Up:

mininut4

Inkling Cadet
NNID
mininut4
Main: swim up, swim up, damage up
secondary: Recon, ink saver main, ink saver main, ink saver sub, ink recovery, ink recovery, special up, defence up, quick respawn

as a sniper I need to know where my enemy is and get there before they move, so that's the swim up and recon. I also want to get 1 hit kills as much as possible so damage up. special up is for echolocator if I can get it in a set. sniper and most subs use a lot of ink so I want to have a lot of ink and get more as much as possible. and obviously I want to get back in action asap if I die

DaBoss

Pro Squid
There's reason to believe that not all abilities can be secondary abilities and probably won't stack.

Gonna copy my post from GAF:

I checked each frame of the roulette, and these ones (13) appeared:
Ink Saver (Main)
Ink Saver (Sub)
Defense Up
Swim Speed Up
Damage Up
Special Duration Up
Special Charge Up
Quick Super Jump
Special Saver
Ink Recovery Up
Run Speed Up
Bomb Range Up
Quick Respawn

So the ones (11) that didn't appear are:
Ninja Squid
Stealth Jump
Ink Resistance Up
Tenacity
Opening Gambit
Last-Ditch Effort
Recon
Cold-Blooded
Haunt
Bomb Sniffer
Comeback

I've also seen many sub abilities after watching lots of videos so I could get screenshots of different gear and I haven't seen the 11 listed there as secondary abilities. On GAF, we call them Utility Abilities. I just thought people should know.

LinkJr

Inkling Cadet
And this is just a hunch, but I believe the "Utility Abilities" are also tied to only one type of gear, for example, only clothing can have Ninja Squid, and only headgear can have Last-Ditch Effort, this way you also can't double them in multiple equipment too.

For my ideal set, it would be something like this:
  • Last-Ditch Effort
  • Haunt
  • Stealth Jump
  • Ink Recovery Up x2
  • Run Speed Up x2
  • Swim Speed Up x2
  • Damage Up x2
  • Ink Saver (Main)
Possibly a quick super jump instead of one duplicate, also would depend on how much ink the weapon uses, I feel like prioritizing Ink usage/recovery and then dealing with other abilities.

DaBoss

Pro Squid
There's also a bit more evidence pointing towards the list in my previous post with the gamepad screen's ordering for abilities:

And this is just a hunch, but I believe the "Utility Abilities" are also tied to only one type of gear, for example, only clothing can have Ninja Squid, and only headgear can have Last-Ditch Effort, this way you also can't double them in multiple equipment too.
Oh wow, great observation. I believe you are right.

I have an album with all of the gear I found that I posted in your other thread grouped by abilities, and it seems to fall in line with your theory.

http://imgur.com/a/JQRrD

Though the most I have with the "Utility Abilities" is 2 each, so it isn't a good sample size, but still, your theory seems to be correct.

EDIT: None of the gear I found in the videos had Stealth Jump, but according to the Best Buy Turf War footage, you can see it is tied to Shoes.

Pivi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
HeroPivi
Gear space 1:

Ink Saver(Main)
Ink Saver(Main)x2
Ink Recover Up
Ink Recover Upx2

Gear Space 2:
Tenacity
Ink Saver (Sub)
Squid Speed Up
Squid Speed Upx2

Gear Space 3
Last Ditch Effort
Ink Recoverx3
Special Charge Up
Specal Charge Upx2

This is the IDEAL, I want to empahsize things like squid speed and ink refill so i can spend more time fighting and less time hiding. Useing less ink overall and refill said ink faster means I can stay on the offense longer than my opponent can, I'd also hate to lose a kill due to running out of ink.
I doubt you can stack things like Tenacity or Opening Gambit as @DaBoss pointed out so focusing on offensive perks is ideal.

SirEndipity

Inkling
NNID
SunBucket
Huh, guess I'm gonna have to rethink my set. Does anyone know if the Spike re-roll affects the main ability or not? I wanna look good and not suck :P

DaBoss

Pro Squid
Assuming the theory by @LinkJr is correct, then here is the list of what abilities are tied to what gear.
Headgear: Opening Gambit, Last-Ditch Effort, Tenacity, Comeback
Clothing: Cold Blooded, Ninja Squid, Haunt
Shoes: Recon, Bomb Sniffer, Ink Resistance Up, Stealth Jump

You can refer to this album to see how I came about this list: http://imgur.com/a/JQRrD

And this makes the ability list on the Gamepad seem even more deliberate (I referred to it to order the abilities in each type of gear).

° Moteki

¤MÆL°
NNID
Shoctopus
Sub Abilities
1.Haunt
2. Defense
3.bomb range up
4.Run speed up
5.Stealth Jump
6.Quick Respawn
7.Ink saver (sub)
8.Tenacity
9.Ninja squid

Main Abilities
1.Defense
2.Ink Recovery up
3.Ink saver (main)

Last edited:

ndayadn

yeah
NNID
Seabass
Oh this is some brilliant ****.
I just want the game in my hands so I can mess with this in more detail.

<π.

Inkling Cadet
NNID
LessThanPiArt
Yeah I wanna wait till the game is out before I spend too much effort deciding what I want. I still don't know what weapon I'm going to be using

Vayu

Inkster Jr.
NNID
baamin
Splattershot Weapons

Main Abilities:

Ninja Squid
Stealth Jump
Swim Speed Up

Sub Abilities:
Ink Recover Up x2
Ink Saver Main x2
Ink Saver Sub x2
Damage Up x3

Name of the game with this set is to be offensive and sneaky. It really fits with Splattershot type weapons because they require you to be close to your enemy to kill, yet you can still maintain SOME distance, as an enemy isn't likely to be standing right next to your Ink.

Splatcharger Weapons

Main Abilities:
Stealth Jump
Damage Up
Swim Speed Up

Sub Abilities:
Ink Recover Up x3
Ink Saver Main x2
Ink Saver Sub x2
Quick Super Jump x2

This set is pretty general, actually. Splatchargers are really reliant on having ally support, so Quick Super Jump is really helpful from getting away from enemies if you have no allies around you, as you WILL need support to make this type of weapon work efficiently. The rest is standard fare.

Roller Weapons

Main Abilities:

Bomb Sniffer
Run Speed Up
Stealth Jump

Sub Abilities:
Quick Super Jump x2
Defense Up x3
Ink Saver Sub x2
Ink Recovery Up x2

This set is specifically built around a Roller. Hidden bombs are a far larger threat to Rollers than they are to other weapons, as you have to be right on them before you set them off. As such Bomb Sniffer is going to be a necessary skill for a Roller to avoid unnecessary deaths. Jumping to allies after covering a section of territory maximizes Ink coverage, which is what the Ink Roller is born to do. Run Speed Up and Defense Ups are pretty obvious boons for a roller and rollers themselves are very Ink conservative, so I don't find a need for Ink Saver Main on this weapon.

I'm actually really interested in getting feedback, if someone wouldn't mind.

Last edited:

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
I have no idea, there's too many to choose from. Can I take 12 of everything? :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom