• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

your least favorite & favorite ranked modes?

Coolkid

Inkling Cadet
heeeey everyone! what's up? :D lets talk about your least favorite and favorite ranked mode! it could be for any reason,don't be shy to tell your reason why you hate/love a mode(s)!

since i started this thread i think i will start us off!

my favorite mode for awhile now is RM! i can't believe i used to hate on this mode when i just started this game xD the reason i love it is because it really can go different ways and sneak attacks are a fun thing to do in this mode,it's just fun to play! no frustration with this mode even if i lose.

as for my least favorite..after alot of thinking and seeing which mode has been really frustrating me to no end lately is SZ..idk why but this mode has cursed me somehow,each time when i only need 1 more win to advance to S rank the game decides to give me a losing streak..each time with SZ and only in this mode,idk why it does this but let me tell you it can really make you despise a mode because for some reason it refuses to give you that last win..even when you try your best and play so well in your matches.

you know i never thought i would say this but i like CB even more then SZ now o.o

R.I.P my EX favorite mode SZ i will miss our old relationship lol but for real,i used to love this mode but idk what happend all of a sudden x.x

how about you guys? why do you love a mode and/or why do you dislike a mode? :D

Nutmeat

Pro Squid
This one is easy:

Least favorite: Clam Blitz. Convoluded, too much coordination required. It may be lots of fun with a team but IMO it should only be in solo rotation 1/2 or 1/3 as often as the other modes.

Most favorite: Splat Zones. Its just fun and easy to understand how to play. It’s probably the easiest mode to carry in too, so that makes it well-suited for solo. IMO SZ should be in solo rotation twice as often as the other modes (4-6x as often as CB).

Cephalobro

Favorite: Probably Rainmaker since even though some of my teammates refuse to carry it, I can carry it and have it feel like a main weapon in my hands that it felt like it was one of my mains, the curved shot that it got definitely helped shoot over walls to splat players who rely on chargers or sneak attacks.

Least favorite: Definitely Tower Control, the concentration of Blasters in that mode just overall make it unplayable for me, that coupled with the fact that my teammates generally refuse to go on the tower, forcing me to do all the work in making sure the tower is advancing towards the enemy areas.

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
Favorite: Even with all the stress it has brought upon me, probably Splat Zones. It's the best mode to be lazy in if you don't feel like doing plenty of crazy stunts in one session, and arguably the "easiest" to at least soft-carry people in. Tower Control has made its way to a close second after realizing that the mode is more fun than I remember it to be.

Neutral: Rainmaker. It's a mixed bag, tbh. It's very easy to lose the lead or game within seconds if you, your team, or both screw up, and every amazing push can be reverted in the smallest timeframe, making it the most bipolar of the classic modes for me.

Least favorite: Clam Blitz, hands down. I still haven't found a way to enjoy solo clams yet, and there's a couple cheese tactics available currently that will either work or just super not-work in solo queue due to the lack of communication ("This way!" doesn't kelp much, unfortunately), and I'm hoping that as I climb in ranks there, the scatteredness of teammates will become a much rarer occurence.

Daxxie

Senior Squid
NNID
Dax
Switch Friend Code
SW-3813-3439-7790
Clam Blitz is terrible when the enemy team just makes a hard push and your team can't repel them until they're a few clams off knockout, and the ink brushes, and the fact that my teammates wont just jump to me to slam a power clam in their basket.

I like RM since you've never truly lost unless they can manage to get the RM right next the to the pedestal in which case you may need a knockout to actually win.

Metasepia

Inkling Cadet
Fave: Rain maker; this mode keeps you on your toes until its overtime or the match ends. Carrying the Rainmaker also gives you a grenade launching weapon that itself is fun to use.

Nay: Solo Q Clam Blitz period. One of my disdains for the mode is how the goals are placed. Kelp Dome and Star Fish Main Stage are the biggest offenders in my opinion because they allow the enemy scoring team to safely score clams since you'd have to drop down from spawn if you were to engage them.

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
Splat zones best mode because it's pretty simple to understand and master, and I much much much more prefer pressuring the enemy team and locking them out to pushing way into their base. It's also the most balanced mode and hardest to cheese a win for yourself. You gotta earn it.

Worst mode rainmaker can go die in a hole. It's such a mixed bag in terms of whether you win or lose because more often than not the whole game comes down to like 1 kill to stop the rainmaker even if you dominate the whole game the enemy team can easily cheese the results with a stupid run and ruin the whole game. Ironically, some of my best league sessions have been on rainmaker, because in those instances we were the team cheesing the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom