• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

ZA: Camp Triggerfish [RP is closed, go to "Back to School!"]

Rustic

Inkling Commander
The first day of Inktober, crisp air. Autumn is coming around the corner; the birds are flying to warmer skies. Too cold too, for splatting people in some friendly games. Maybe some shopping for some new pants would do some good, have to look fashionable in your ski jackets right?

Least you would if homework wasn't swamping you. But hey least Squid-o-ween is coming soon right?

Well, may as well make the best of it, enjoy some time around people, meet some new faces.

------------------------
Hello! Welcome to Zapfish Academy 2.0. I took over due to school commandeering most of the ReedRGale's time and effort. I wanted to help him and ease the load by taking over the RP, least until his schedule clears up. Just wanted to introduce myself. Although quite a gap in story between the first day and the first month, I'll let you guys pierce the fog.
-------------------------
The students file into their first class of the day, only to find they're being taught by... an elderly Jellyfish? The Jellyfish man-o-war looked tired and even grumpy, he looked around the room at the perplexed students "Well, you gawking me towards?" he asked? Some students stared dumbfounded at him, mumbles of "We're being taught Inklish. By a Jellyfish, who can't even speak it?"

The teacher shifted his glasses then stood straighter. He shook for a moment, then burst out laughing; for 4 straight minutes. "Hehe, you should see your faces..." He said clearly, which surprised more students. "I am Mr. Porta, your Communications teacher for now. The last teacher had to deal with problems I am not at liberty to discuss, anyway I hope to live up to any bars she set."

Mr. Porta opened his desk and pulled out a burst bomb toy. A few students flinched at the sight, clear frequent victims to E-Litre 3Ks. The jellyfish rolled it around on his 'arms', "Tell me something about yourselves, doesn't have to be anything private". He continued rolling it on his arms, looking at a viable student. Who wasn't gawking or walking in and sitting down. "Hope I not intruding" he jested. "I'll get the ball rolling."He laughed at his own joke "I learned how to speak Inklish at this very Academy!"

((Scene will change on Oct.18, lemme know if you can post. Or you can vote to change the scene early))

Last edited:

Zythefox

Senior Squid
NNID
Zythefox
Kei stumbled into class, the loose laces of her sneakers frolicking as she ran to her seat, hope fully the teacher hadn't spotted her walking in..
Kei sat on the chair, sitting down and hoping to look like a 'model student'.
Kei noticed that the teacher was...
Tossing around a burst bomb... Not realizing that it was just harmless toy.
She quickly stuck her hand into her mess of a bag and pulled out a book that had a small chance of protecting her from a blast. Maybe even no chance. Kei eyed the teacher until she realized..
...Is that jellyfish...?
..It looks like one... The shape of the head looks like..
..A man-o-war.... One of the most dangerous jellyfish.. But not as dangerous as Wasp Box jellyfish...

Kei could barely contain her excitement... A man-o-war! It wasn't a Wasp Box jellyfish... But it's close enough! Kei still remembered that there was still a possibility that the 'Burst bomb' could explode, she held a text-book over her head, ready to take cover.

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
Viola was completely asleep when the teacher had entered, groggily waking up as she heard everyone panicking. "What's going on?" She asked, looking up towards the teacher and noticing the Burst Bomb. "EEP!" She squealed and pulled her hat down in front of her face. "Wh-What kind of school lets teachers bring in weapons?!" She kept her face hidden, completely unaware that it was a toy at all.

Lydia

Inkling Cadet
Lydia, as studious as ever, was fully prepared for class, yet even she seemed to be caught off guard by the Man-o-war's fluent Inklish. She looks between some of the various other students before taking a deep breath and speaking up. "I suppose I'll start... Hello, Mr. Porta. First off, that's quite the nice replica you have there. Secondly, my name is Lydia and I'm looking to pursue a career in developing and improving the weapons we see so frequently in Turf Wars." she says with a soft smile.

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
Lucas was also surprised by the Man-o-war in the classroom speaking fluent Inklish. His previous interactions with Jellyfish made him think that they just didn't know the language very well and often he took advantage of that and asked them to say funny lines in Inklish. When Lydia stopped speaking he took his chance to speak. "Hello, Mr. Porta. My name is Lucas. While I don't look like it, I'm actually the same age as everyone around me, I'm just... a late bloomer. Oh and I would like to become a professional voice actor in the near future." he says in soft pitched voice.

ChibiDubtalia

Pro Squid
Her body had flinched out of instinct from the sight of the toy Burst Bomb. Violet wouldn't lie that she had met E-Litre 3K users that would take advantage of that sub weapon. Enough of those to the face was the experience. After listening to Lydia and Lucas's introductions, she decides to do the same. The blue Inkling girl rose from her seat with hands on her hips to show the confident side of herself. "Hi Mr. Porta! The name's Violet. Or Vivi for short!" She beamed a bright smile. "I'm the type of squid girl that loves to move around and hardly sit still. I also dream to become the best in Turf Wars like no one ever was. Those who stick with me will be secured to rise above too!" Her right arm stuck out to give a big thumbs up.

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
Viola looked to everyone introducing themselves, and realized it must have been a joke. Breathing a sigh of relief, she decided then was the best time to pipe up. " I guess it would be fitting that I go next, since my name is so similar to Violet's." she said, letting out a nervous giggle. "I'm Viola. I'm new to this area, living further on the outskirts of the city until my dad got a new job. Since the school was close enough to walk to, they enrolled me here. It's nice to meet you all!" She said, giving a small, slightly nervous bow as she put her hat back on her head.

Lydia

Inkling Cadet
Lydia looks to each individual student as they speak up, keeping silent as she seems to be sizing each one up, unsure what to expect from them. She seems to be the most curious about Viola, not having much of an interest in the hobbies of the others, yet curious why she didn't bring up hers'.

Zythefox

Senior Squid
NNID
Zythefox
Kei didn't understand much Inklish, so she didn't participate in the conversations. She polite listen to Viola, even though she wasn't sure of what she was saying. Kei began to scribble in her notebook out of boredom, drawing random stick figures and other objects such as jellyfish. Her jelly hair sprawled across the desk.

Rustic

Inkling Commander
"Hello Mr. Porta, I'm Terence. It's nice to meet you" A boy piped in at the back of class. "I moved in here from the South. Thankfully my accent wore off so it won't be that embarrassing talking, I don't really have any hobbies aside from customizing my Splatling. Which I named Susanoo, because it brings a storm of Ink on my enemies, and that's not the Inkstrike that's with it." He added, giving a slight smile that ended shortly after speaking.

"It is a pleasure to meet you all, and so accepting of a Jellyfish teacher. You make an old man smile." He beamed, wiping his eyes as if he shed a tear. "Kei, if you want. I can translate Jellyfish into Inklish, so if you want to introduce yourself to the class. I'll be here." He said in Jellyfish across the classroom at Kei.

"Now for the activity I was planning. Lydia, have you ever had to make your own weapon? Since you mentioned your a weapon enthusiast." He picked up the burst bomb and threw it at Lydia. "Another thing after say five or six questions? You can switch it to whatever you want, as long as its school-appropriate of course!"

Lydia

Inkling Cadet
Lydia holds out her hands, catching the toy bomb and looking over it a bit before looking back up to the elderly Jellyfish "From scratch? Sadly, I never got the chance yet. However, I have disassembled and reassembled all kinds of weapons, yes." She nods.

Rustic

Inkling Commander
"I'm sure you'll get your chance, Sheldon I think his name is? He could have a job opening." Mr. Porta added. "Now pass it to somebody else and ask them a question." He rose a hand to point to the entire classroom.

Lydia

Inkling Cadet
Lydia looks between the various classmates and looks for the more silent classmates. Noticing a certain jellyfish hasn't spoken up yet, she tosses the toy to Kei.

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
Chaos looked around as his peers introduced themselves to each others. He slowly raised his hand and spoke.

"Is it my turn now?" He cleared his throat.

"Hello everyone, my name is Chaos and it's a pleasure to meet all of you. I'm actually quite a bit older than everyone else here, but there's no need to fear me because of it. I don't bite. I have a vast experience in Turf Wars and Ranked Battles so I know my way to ink around."

He sat quietly back down as he finished his introduction.

Zythefox

Senior Squid
NNID
Zythefox
((Sorry for the late reply!))
It took Kei at least 30 seconds for her to realize that someone talking to her. She shot up, sitting straight and trying to look like she had been listening the entire time. Kei looked around nervously at the class, taking a deep breath before introducing herself.
"H-hello... My name is Kei Corriente... I'm not sure what I am... But I think I'm a 'Moon jellyfish'." Kei stumbled, then paused for a while, trying to think of something else to say.
"
..D-do I s-say anything else?" Kei asked.

Lydia

Inkling Cadet
"Well... what do you like to do for a hobby?" Lydia asks, hoping the jellyfish can answer properly herself.

(@Zythefox)

Last edited:

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
Lucas, growing tired of waiting for his turn, layed his head on his desk and daydreamed of the day he could join Turf Wars and Ranked Battle and splatting people with a hopeful smile on his face.

Rustic

Inkling Commander
((@Zythefox A burst bomb ball bounced off you due to no response. Are you still there?.))

The burst bomb bounced harmlessly off of Kei, rolling to the back of the room. Terence picked it up.
"Um... Okay. Uh... Violet! Same question, what is your favoured hobby?"

@ChibiDubtalia

ChibiDubtalia

Pro Squid
Her hand raised up, ready to catch that toy burst bomb. Violet replied, "Whenever I'm not participating or practicing for Turf Wars or Ranked Battles, I enjoy listening to my music. Singing and dancing to the beat." Her head bobbed up and down as if she were listening to a song without the headphones on. "I don't know about you guys, but the new album from ABXY is seriously good!"

She looked over at Chaos. Vivi had been interested in him at the mention of his own share of experience on Turf Wars and Ranked Battles. "Yo, Chaos! You said that you had the most experience in the battlefields. Let me ask, what's your main weapon? Is it the same or different depending on which one you go to?"

@Chaos_Knight

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom