• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Zapfish Academy [OOC Thread: Changing Hands]

Should we move on to the next scene?

• Yes!

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • No!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
Tuesday morning. The sky is blue; the sun is shining. Birds chirp in the air. It's just the right temperature for light exercise and a little bit of friendly splatting. Maybe some shopping to round things off--see what new things came in today. Listen to some tunes and hang out with friends, work together to win some games. Turf War time, yeahhh!

...or rather it would be. Turns out summer break doesn't last forever and school is starting. Just your luck.

Well, may as well make the best of it, enjoy some time around people, meet some new faces.

I. pre-pre-game: Introduction:

Hello and welcome to Zapfish Academy. I'm glad to see such a burgeoning community coming to be here and I want to offer another Roleplay to muck around in and get to know each other. This RP will be more sandbox; this serve the double purpose of not requiring me to be there all the time and to change the style of things up for a more casual roleplay! :D

I'll explain this more in the rules below, but the general idea of this game is to just have fun and play around with your character, to really get to see them in action.

II. read first ask questions later: Rules to Note Before Playing the Game:

This RP is designed to be casual in nature. As such, there will be a two week time frame where people can just post whatever whenever they want. This is more supportive of laid back play, but can be frustrating sometimes because people will post in unequal amounts. Just know that when playing, you're in it to have fun. Don't wait for someone who isn't posting. Don't feel you have to keep up with those that post three times a day. Just have fun, let it all out, live your character, play the scenario.

Next! Forum-goers can apply to be a player or a GM. For every GM that the game has, the maximum number of players allowed in the game rises by ten. However, if you are a GM, you cannot participate in the game proper. Right now, we only need one GM to manage things, but as there are more people that join the game, I hope that some people will step up to the plate and join me on the managing pedestal.

In any case, the game will begin when I have at least three players. The cap at the moment is ten players, but as stated before, that can rise as more people come and go through the forum.

Once again, once this recruitment thread is filled up, I'll change this to an OOC (Out of Character) thread where people can discuss things as themselves.

tl;dr version:
casual RP
apply to be a player OR apply to be a GM NOT both
begins at three players

III. what am i even doing???: How the Game Will be Done

So, as this is a more casual RP, interaction between the GM(s) and the players will be minimized. Basically, game flow will work like this:

1. The GM provides a scenario
  2. The players play out the scenario for two weeks OR until they decide to move on
  3. The GM wraps up the scenario and provides a new one
In between, GMs would introduce new characters to the mix as they join the RP through whatever shenanigans they feel is apropos. Otherwise, the players would just play out the scenario until they feel like they're done. GM interaction would only be at request to solve conflicts between players, move from scene to scene, or correct factual or physical impossibilities.

This RP is fast and loose and should be pretty easy to understand once it gets going.

tl;dr version:

GM posts scene ==> players post a lot ==> GM end scene
GMs do minimal things

IV. all abord the idiot train: How to Get Started!

Simple enough just fill out one form or the other; you can use characters you've posted somewhere already, just adapt them to the form and life is dandy.

For Player:

Name: [Something other people can call your character]
Age: [Gives me an idea of how many grades your character was held back]
Race: [Who is what species]
Personality: [Who is your character]
(Optional) Backstory: [Character's history; if they already know a character in the game, post it here and how they know each other]

For GM:

PM Me Answers to These Questions: Why do you want to GM?; What does a GM do in this RP?; How active do you think you'll be?

Well, that's the long and short of it all. If you have any questions, post below. Otherwise, let's go!

V: GMs:
X Rustic

V: Accepted Characters:
X Ranae "Limelight Girl"
X Thomas "Kbot"
X "Vinyl"
X Nyron "Nyx/Nyxin"
X Rhin Ardongale
X Jennie
X Krys
X Parzival
X Barrett Echin
X Kei Corriente

X Terence
X Iro
X Viola
X Mansa
X__________________
X__________________
X__________________
X__________________
X__________________
X__________________

Last edited:

Right Whale

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Ciano365
This is my OC from the Inksona thread, so here it is! Except I added some new things that makes her more "unique"

Name: Ranae "Limelight Girl"
Race: Sea Anemone
Appearance:
Ranae usually wears a colorful T-Shirt with a dark green hoodie and dark jeans aswell as accompanying a baby turtle in her hair named Torq.
Relations: Though not living in Inkopolis Ranae makes regular contact with her family, she also has many friends she met in Inkopolis. Ranae looks up to Annie who runs the head gear shop like a living manifestation of God. She dresses similar and she even has a sea creature in her hair too!
Weapons: She owns a Splattershot Jr. yet having no knowledge on how it works, she has never entered a Ink battle since she isn't an Inkling but she doesn't care.
Personality: Ranae enjoys being with people and making jokes and try's to be friends with every race in Inkopolis and not just Anemone and Inklings, she enjoys messing about with friends and with her baby turtle on the streets of Inkopolis. All in all, she is a very outgoing and loving person.
Hobbies: She enjoys selling items of clothing on the streets of Inkopolis for relatively cheap prices, preferably hats and headbands. She has her own little business going! Ranae loves most brands, but, she has a soft spot for Rockenberg and Firefin. She also enjoys singing and proforming in the Inkopolis Theater, though she wasn't the best by all means, she gained the nickname from her friends "Limelight Girl"
Backstory: She grew up in a small town mostly inhabited by anemone but a few other races also lived there, she went to a school nearby where she spent most of her time. She was a great student scoring well in tests and being well behaved in classes. When she wasn't in school she was mostly outside playing with her jelly friend Jerry. Jerry was quite the pessimist, yet quite happy most of the time. His dreams we're to work in Inkopolis Tower. As she grew up she read about an anemone named Annie living in Inkopolis who sold head gear, since she loved fashion at the time, Annie became her Role-Model very fast. When she was 13 Jerry moved away to Inkopolis leaving her with no good friends to play with. She spent most of her time becoming a fashion expert with the equipment her parents bought her for her thirteenth birthday. After a long time of being alone with her fashion she asked her parents if she could move to Inkopolis so she could meet Annie and talk to her friend again, they told her she could and the same day she was on her way to Inkopolis. On the way she found a tiny baby turtle with no parents to look after it, it looked it was struggling to stay alive out here. She took it and gave it a home in her hair, naming it Torq. Once she arrived in the bustling city of Inkopolis she made many new friends aswell as meeting Jerry again. She met Annie and was in complete shock seeing her in the flesh. After about a year of living in Inkopolis she had saved up enough cash from her small clothing buisness to buy an apartment in a apartment block near the main plaza. Her apartment was VERY colorful and had many paintings and different clothing items framed on the walls. She was still friends with Jerry and now with many new friends who we're of many different races. While selling clothes she also made many different versions of clothes she had for sale, such as a Zekko hoodie that she had modified to make it have different abilities for Inklings who wanted them. Eventually she found a school near the plaza. Having cut her education short by moving. She decided to en-roll for The Zapfish academy.

Well, that's it! I hope I wrote it well 'cause this looks to be quite fun!

Last edited:

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
Taken from my application for Inkopolis Underground, and then the Inksona thread. (I left out the "How he got involved with IU" part. Figured it's for the better.)

Name: Kbot
Race: Inkling
Appearance: Typical Inkling Boy hairstyle, etc. Slightly Tan (I think it's either game skin tone 2 or 3 off the top of my head.)
Clothing: Retro Specs and/or Squidvaider Cap, Black or White Anchor Tee, Yellow Seahorses
Family: Unknown/Forgotten
Friends: Other IU members, obvi.
Weapons: (in no particular order) N-Zap 85, Splash-o-matic, (Custom/Regular) Splattershot Jr, Areospray RG/MG, L-3 Nozlenose, Krack-on Splat Roller, Carbon Roller, Heavy Splatling.
Personality: Kbot will take into consideration all factors when making choices and will choose his best possible option, pre-match with weapon selection and during a match with where to go and what role to take on. He likes to be prepared for everything.
Background: As a young squid, Thomas was always tactical. He was excellent in school, and doesn't really remember much else from his early years, besides that he had grew up in a suburb just a train ride away from Inkopolis. He had a gift when it came to technology, and frequently helps people with their squid phones. This was where he got his nickname. Tbot didn't exactly roll off the tongue, so he used his second favorite letter to make Kbot. This is what he goes by today. Kbot also likes researching where he came from, who his ancestors were, and the problems that may cause the downfall of current society.
It was not until recently that he got interested in the sport of Turf Wars. He really enjoyed the sport, and started to look around the already thriving community for a group of people to hang out with. He succeded in joining the Underground after a little poking around.
He's been active in helping evolve the sports in Turf Wars, Splat Zones, and Tower Control by helping out with running tournaments and things of the such, although he has not been able to play recently. He's met a lot of new people doing so, and can recognize a few faces participating in the tournaments. He's been trying to help out wherever possible.

Hesoca

Full Squid
Looks interesting! I'd be willing to play as either a player or a GM, whichever is more needed.

Actually, that begs the question: if I sign up as a player character, can I later change to a GM position? (Most likely the character I was playing would have to be thrown into some kind of public domain, as I wouldn't be able to continue using it as a GM.)

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
@Hesoca It's up to you. At the moment, looking at the number of players that are roaming around the RP Square, I'd say we only need me for a little bit, but if you want to change to a GM later, I'd be more than happy to help you out there.

@KTKres KBot accepted!

@Right Whale Ranae accepted!

I welcome both of you to Zapfish Academy and all the dumb things that will probably happen here when characters collide.

Robikku Squid

Just a squid havin' some fun! :3
NNID
RobikkuScratch
Name: 'Vinyl' - her real name tends to be undisclosed, she's a little into keeping little details to herself.

Appearance: Purple hair, light tan complexion. Often seen with either headphones or shades...otherwise, her clothing tastes tend to vary wildly day-to-day.

Personality: Vinyl is an occasional smart mouthed DJ ink-splattering female who, every now and then, does contribute valid points when addressing others with snark. Otherwise, she can mostly approachable and has proven reliable in both the typical squid warfare and school teams, choosing to usually eschew mere following and chooses being more of a leader type wherever possible. Typically she can be found hanging around on her own - mostly because she finds herself better able to enjoy her choices of music that way...but, as her career implies, she has no issues with spreadin' some musical enjoyment with others where it counts.

(Optional) Backstory: Vinyls not got much of a story - she's partial to being something of a troublemaker on occasion, and thus may have a tendency of saying or doing the wrong things at the wrong moment - sometimes on purpose, because she's decided that there's no way she intends on leaving issues alone without attempting to rattle those she's dealing with. This is probably one of the reasons she's gotten herself into scrapes with students and lesser experienced teachers alike - but it's a trait that has served her well, as her daring mentality has won out in battle...a combination of bravado and psychological fakeouts have, in the past, netted her many a victory in turf wars, and she is quite proud of that fact!

Her studies on the other hand seem to be well handled - she's not one to abuse her educational shots, but she IS occasionally tardy for returning things and handing them in...which tends to be another little strike on her rap sheet - still, as long as it's done adequately, right?

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
@Robikku Squid Accepted! Looking forward to the phat beats you bring to the academy. ;)

I know I said I'd start at three but it seems like the recruitment is going faster than I expected. So, all said, I'm going to go ahead and leave this open for the rest of the day before starting (Pacific Time)--see who else is interested before I make the IC thread.

VeryButter

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
EatALLTehCereal
Copied from the Inksona thread and edited to the form.

Name: Nyron, although most call her Ron or Ronnie. A select few call her Nyx/Nyxin, but only her very close friends. Anyone else call her that and prepare for vampire action.

Appearance: Pilot goggles, Firefin Navy Sweat, Pro Trail Boots. Preferred Color is blue, eye color is blue as well. During School time, wears tentacles tied up at the back with a white band.

Personality: she's...different, to say the least. She's has slight O.C.D. and is quite perceptive. She, however, can look into things too much, sometimes from a silly perspective, and has a little trouble hearing what others are saying. She zones out a lot, normally when she's reading or drawing, and normally needs a little tap on the shoulder to come back to reality. She puts on a childish voice when she is happy sometimes. She, however, is kind, and positive interactions are important to her (if she feels she's upset someone, she'll be upset herself and go silent). Although, she actually has quite a short temper which can be induced either by a) not telling her something before-hand, b) if you call her Nyxin or c) you ask her if she's okay. She prefers to be alone. She can come off as rude to some, especially if she's upset. A slight Pacifish, she doesn't react well to negative emotional auras and doesn't like to see others arguing/fighting. Hates getting in trouble. Hates attention, no matter if it's positive or negative (which is why she can't really muster up the courage to do a speech), so pretty muc stage fright.

Backstory: Nyron isn't anything special (or, at least, she thinks she isn't). She lived with her father in a small apartment and never knew her mother. Her mother and father had both given her separate names, Nyxin and Nyron, but she only allows her close friends to call her Nyxin, which is the name she feels is more personal. When she turned 14, her father gave her some of his money to rent an apartment in Inkopolis until she participated in Turf Wars and earned her money that way. To be honest she doesn't actually participate in ink battles all that much, only when she needs to (like buying new clothes or paying her rent). A lot of different Inklings in Inkopolis started claiming to be her friend even though their only interactions with her were passing by hello's and asking how she was. She met Tech during a battle at Arowana Mall, and after they had a chat after (and sometimes during) the battle, Nyron formed a connection with him, the first she's ever had in a long time. They hung out a lot after that, and Tech evolved to be one of her closest friends. Now, she just hangs around Inkopolis with Tech, playing Turf Wars and one-v-oneing him in Hide and Seek.

Notes: Tech goes to a different school than Ronnie, and she can't read cursive writing. Reacts extremely negatively to certain sounds/feelings. Oh, and if "vampire action" didn't clear things up for you... if you call her Nyxin she will bite you.

EDIT: I've updated this a lot (removing things and adding things), so if something is slightly different from before, t'is because I have edited it.

Quick question, is this a uniform school?

Last edited:

Topazrekerboy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
janspinoy
A casual RP? Exactly my style!

Name: Real name Rhin Ardongale, preferres any kind of nickname as long as it's a cool one :)
Race: Inkling (with Octoling-like hair and often accused of being and Octoling in disguise.)

Personality: Always a very humorous and upbeat person, rarely looking sad and or serious. He mostly focuses on the popularity points rather then smarts. (Although he is at times very intelligent) usually focuses on looks and uses some internet slang often. He can sometimes be very reckless and very agitated at times, but he tries to not let that happen. He has this weird feeling where he can tell really easily if the person he's talking to is bothered, weirded out or any other kind of emotion (he says he gets it from turf wars, but no evidence.) he hates being embarrassed in front of a crowd, but can fix it all up usually very quickly. Tries to look cool at all times, but really feels insecure at times and usually doesn't think for himself.

Backstory: Never likes talking about this, but his parents abandoned him when he was young, so when he grew older he tried to find a sense of purpose by taking Ink battles for a go. He got popular really quickly and eventually learned how to take care for himself at times. He feels like he needs to be in the center of attention so he doesn't feel alone like when he was younger.

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
I'm going to throw out a really underdeveloped character and test them out through the sand box.

Name:
Jennie Meyjan
Race: Little Skate (fish)
Appearance:
Has medium length brown hair(fins) and a tail that is longer than the rest of her hair, like a ponytail. Has small thorns running down the spine of her hair and tail. Has small, dark, tilted eyes. Pale complexion.

Usually wears practical clothes, a simple layered long sleeve and cargo pants with lots of pockets to keep a deck of cards on her. Wears dogtags and lots of bracelets. Shifts shoes often, only wearing her lucky pair when it really counts. Always wearing kneepads though.

Personality:
Generally laid-back, but sharp and snarky. A die-hard skateboarder. (She's a skate and she skates, ha ha). Arrogant-- so condescending and judge-y at first,--- but still a believer of allowing people to make their own choices and make their own mistakes. Can be a bit of a trouble maker and a thrill-seeker. Gains respect for people very slowly, but will recognize people she believes deserves it.

Doesn't give a care about her reputation and yet, will do just bout any dare for the most insignificant amounts of money and coinage. Likes shiny things. Has a luck pair of Gold Hi-Horses.
Likes card games, volleyball, jewelry making and also collecting coins. Part of a informal skateboarding group.
Values freedom and perseverance.

Backstory/relations: Before becoming a skateboarder, Jennie was a bit of a misfit kid with an attitude problem who liked hoarding coins. Now, she's a confident kid with a just as much attitude, and has a place to belong with friends to call her own. Also, the coin-thing has escalated to an organized collection. Shaped by the older skateboarders who taught her, and her current skater squad, whom she is the default leader of, Jennie grew a stronger sense of community and responsibility.
(For people checking, I'm probably going to update this as I go.)

Attachments

Last edited:

lonelyrollingsquid

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Selfcat
Name: Krys

Appearance: Krys has pale skin and uses the pink ink colour. Her eyes are grey and she is not thin and proud of it. She forgoes clothing with good stats for clothes which she deems more "fashionable".

Personality: Krys is loud. She comes across as open and confident to most people. She often acts as though she is careless and clumsy but she really does care about her academics and will freak out if she doesn't understand the work. She also has dyslexia which can make work difficult at times.
Physically she is very strong, and enjoys beating people at arm wrestling.

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
Name: Parzival
Race:Inkling
Appearance: Long hair, tan skin
Clothing: Jungle hat, Sage Polo, Black Trainers
Family: Killed by Octolings
Friends: Only Inklings he trusts closely.
Weapons: Heavy Splatling, Splat Charger, Dual Sqeulcher
Personality: He is a strategist, taking time before doing an action, usually while his weapon in charging. He once set out to avenge his parents in Octo Valley, but they were already afraid of him, because there was an 'Agent 3" who captured their leader.
Background: Was very close with his parents before they died by a group of Octoling thugs when he was 3. When he was around 9, he met an Inkling named Pause. They became friends immediately. Soon, Pause and his squad would be the only ones he would trust. He often dreams of death, and going back to the sea, but doesn't dwell on it much. He also was introduced to Turf Wars by Pause, and he loved it. It was a way to let off all his anger without hurting anyone. Still, though he can be hotheaded at times, he is highly intelligent and thinks before acting. This is mostly due to the delay while his weapon is charging. But if you provoke him, he will rage and splat you. Most of the time you'll be the only one he splats out of anger. That is a strength, but also a weakness. Later on in the same year that he was introduced to Turf Wars, he met his squad. He moved up into Ranked Battles, but missed Pause. He left the squad and went back to playing for fun. He would still trust his squad, but not as closely as Pause.

Taken from the OC and Inksona thread.

VeryButter

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
EatALLTehCereal
I got a question which could be useful for others as well; how does this school system work?

I don't use the system of grades and what-not; we're categorized into Years, and I normally don't get those B- or A or C+ grades, just some critique from the teacher on my work.

Right Whale

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Ciano365
I got a question which could be useful for others as well; how does this school system work?

I don't use the system of grades and what-not; we're categorized into Years, and I normally don't get those B- or A or C+ grades, just some critique from the teacher on my work.
Yeah, where I live I use Years, I don't really understand Grades and we get percentages on how we did on tests.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom