• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Zapfish Academy: Trip to Octo Valley! ( IC Thread)

Rustic

Inkling Commander
Lunchtime in Zapfish has always been an uneventful affair. Of course what break is eventful? So students tend to gravitate towards each other to keep them occupied, talking with each other interrupted by foodstuffs, unless they aren't hungry in which case they can simply retreat to the quiet, non-food friendly library.

People entering the cafeteria could easily see the various cliques that were formed over the years, coming from all walks of life. Their tables were usually surrounded by chairs if the size of the group was huge, while others had a few people hanging out. Usually they all gossiped about each other.

A lone teacher, an elderly Jellyfish with a pair of glasses that seemed to make his eyes bigger than they were, patrolled the aisles formed by the tables which, because of him, weren't moved an inch. He was sipping a cup of coffee as he walked.

((Alright just as a disclaimer to everyone. This current scene is simply an intermission and should be just treated as something to pass the time. I've yet to fully finalize the actual scene due to other things and such. Doing whatever reason you may think up. If you're heading to the library just state that you're doing so, and I'll get a post up as soon as possible for it.))

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Zerul enters the cafeteria there weren't many people in there yet so he just goes through the line at his own pace looking at what was being served today. There was some cheese sticks, Brussel sprouts, and the potato bar for the main part of the meal. the sides were not all that special mac n' cheese or mashed potatoes. He chooses to have the cheese sticks as he wasn't very fond of Brussel sprouts, and both the mashed potatoes and mac n' cheese. He takes his tray to the counter and gets a sweet tea. After he got everything he pays for his meal before heading into the dining area. He sits in his usual spot in the corner of Cafeteria. Being an Octarian he didn't quite fit in with the other crowds, but he didn't care he made friend back in Camp Triggerfish when he first joined the school during their trip. He quietly eats by himself not really paying anyone any attention.

MacSmitty

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Seeker624
Lucas Brooklyn was in a positive mood.
A few weeks ago, he had finally reached the last stage of Inkling growth and could then do Turf Wars without harming his body. As a celebration, he asked some classmates to battle with him along with his brother Andrew. It was an absolute blast, and he was working his way up the freshness ladder.
Grabbing his lunch, which was a chicken sandwich, he took a seat in a empty table and began to read a book about advanced Turf War techniques, waving at Zerul all the while.

ayyumeme

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ayumithenerd
Switch Friend Code
SW-5520-7678-0216
Neri was afraid, but that was a normal thing for her. She quietly went through the line, only grabbing a salad before paying and making her way to the dining area. She walked past Lucas, shooting a quick glance at him before taking a seat at a table in the corner of the room, farther away from other Inklings. There were times where she desperately wished she wasn't so afraid of other people, and this time was one of them. She picked up her fork and poked at a piece of lettuce, feeling far too anxious to eat anything.

Coerulus

Inkling
NNID
WolfEren1827
Another day, another step into school life. His parents were proud of what he had accomplished so far and still had hope that things would only get better from there. So there he was now, handmade lunch in hand as the lunch break at Zapfish was in progress. He looked around briefly for a free table, seeing a good bit were taken up by a few groups that he didn't know well enough. Letting out a tiny sigh, he headed into the lunch room to find an empty table. Maybe even someone from his class if he can spot them.

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
Lunchtime was always one of the favorite times for a small purple inkling, as she walked into the Cafeteria, a sandwich already in her mouth. Looking about, Viola started to take note on all the others there, so maybe she might recognize someone later. Sitting down at a table, she quickly finished her sandwich and, seeing that she had some time, pulled out her 3DS and turned it on.

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Zerul had finished his meal and put away his tray in the automated cleaning machine. on his way back he spots a familiar purple inkling playing her 3DS. He walks over and sits down next to her. "Hey there Viola."

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
"Hmm?" She looked up. "Oh! Hey Zerul! I didn't notice you were here." She said before looking at her 3DS and chucking nervously, her hair paling a small bit in embarrassment. "I was too excited to do this one hunt on Kraken Hunter I unlocked."

⭐️Zapfish⭐️

Inkling Cadet
NNID
meggiemooshoo
Meanwhile, at the other end of the lunchroom, a small, pale inkling with long tentacles was taking slow, deliberate bites out of a piece of sushi as she moved the cursor on her laptop- Alexandra, known to most as 'Zappy', a talented artist, was obviously sketching out another masterpiece. She was fairly new to the famous Zapfish Academy, having only been here a month, but already she enjoyed it immensely.

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Zerul chuckles and watches Viola play her game. "I haven't play that game...i don't even know a 3DS. kind of an issue with living on a very small wage."

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
"Well, when you get one, I'll help you learn how to play it! Without someone to teach you, it has a bit of a learning curve." Viola said, hunting what looked like a six legged, black and purple dragon.

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
It didn't take long for her to finish the fight, ending the quest. "I always liked fighting him. I've gotten so much practice in the previous game." She explained

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Zerul was confused. "They reuse the same boss? doesn't that kinda get...old?"

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
"Not really. The fight is fun after all. I mean, they still have monsters from the first games in them. It's more like a mixture of old and new." Viola explained, "Besides, this monster debuted in the previous game. There haven't been as many with them in it."

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Zerul thinks on this. "that is an odd thing. but if you say it works then i guess it works."

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
"In a series where the whole point is to fight giant monsters in a fantasy realm, doesn't it make sense for the monsters to remain if the world doesn't change?" Viola pointed out. "I mean, sure.... There are monsters I wish they hadn't brought back, but the point stands."

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Zerul nods. "So i guess its a safe bet to just jump in on the new one?"

TACarbuncle

Inkling Commander
NNID
TACarbuncle
"I'd say so. Either that or the previous one. I think the online servers still work." Viola said, thinking back

Zerul

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Mechasonic9000
Zerul nods. "Ok...but i need a 3DS first...i don't exactly have much money. the amount i had saved up went away with the weapon prototyping thing we did a month ago. and i have not been able to get much from turf wars because school eats up most of my time. homework as well."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom