• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

• Hey Guest, the Side Order expansion is now available!

If you're playing the new DLC, please remember to keep your thread titles spoiler free, and use [spoiler] tags for any relevant spoilers in your posts.

Zink Mini Splatling: Analysis and Gear Suggestions

aidenduh

Inkling
The Zink Mini Splatling is, in my opinion, the best in the Mini Splatling family. Its loadout includes the :disruptor: sub weapon and the:bubbler: special. Right off the bat it's not hard to tell that this weapon utilizes the disruptor very well, since it is a Splatling, it requires a charge before unleashing its barrage of bullets, so keeping your enemies at bay is crucial while charging up. The bubbler is great for when you are flanked, as it gives you time to charge, and it is a great support tool as well.

For Gear, I use a lot of :ability_runspeed: and :ability_swimspeed:, but I have seen :ability_bombrange: utilized to disrupt foes from a longer distance away.
Since all splatlings do 28 damage (with the exception of the Hydra Splatlings at a full charge doing 35), I use at least 8:ability_damage: subs, so I will always splat in 4 hits, no matter how much defense up my enemy has.

If you're interested in using this versatile weapon, I would reccomend this outfit:

Hero Headset Replica: :ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:

Layered Anchor LS: :ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:
SQUID GIRL Shoes: :ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_swimspeed:

If you have the money, I would advise this outfit. But I know that when I first calculated the number of damage up subs needed to always splat in 4 hits... This gear seemed impossible to obtain. So I found an alternative answer:

Hero Headset Replica: :ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:
Layered Anchor LS: :ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_damage:
Plum Casuals: :ability_damage::ability_damage::ability_swimspeed:

This is what I use, and it is great for any Splatling, not just the Zink Mini. You could switch around the gear to incorporate a bomb range up, but make sure you have at least 1 :ability_damage: main, and 5 subs. If it works better for you, use 2 :ability_damage: mains and 2 subs to achieve a similar effect.

I hope I helped you get a grasp of what's needed for the Zink Mini Splatling to excel, feel free to disagree or share your opinions on my outfit by leaving a response!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom