• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Bamboozler 14 Mk I: Analysis and Thoughts Thread

MakesDream

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ToastMiller
Can we use this thread to theorize about the bamboozler? I'm really excited for it. Do you think it will be a joke like the rapid blaster, or a star like the carbon roller? what abilities do you think would compliment this weapon? what mode do you think it will be best on?

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
Well, it has lots of range (it's a Charger, I think that's a safe assumption), so perhaps Damage Up would help (lower charge time to the2-shot should help), and Ink Saver Sub so you can get more shots after throwing out a Splash Wall. Ink Recovery Up and Saver Main might work too. Swim Speed Up would be nice as well, for running away when spotted. Special Saver and Special Charge Up could be nice as well, if you like Killer Wails.

Special Duration Up wouldn't be too useful, since it just lets you aim the Killer Wail longer. Run Speed Up... I'm not sure it's good for Chargers.

It might be best for Tower Control; it has Splash Walls to throw on the Tower, and the range to snipe riders or enemies attacking the Tower from afar. Maybe good for Rainmaker as well, since Splash Walls can block Rainmaker shots (I think so) and Killer Wails can break the shield really quickly. Not sure it'll be good in Splat Zones, probably stage-dependent. Might be alright in Turf War.

It's hard to say until we have it, but I think the Bamboozler 14 MK 1 will be better than the Rapid Blaster, at the very least.

ReedRGale

Inkling Commander
are you implying the rapid blaster is a joke? because i thought so too until someone built it right and then i kept dying to them. it was embarrassing

But yeah the idea of the Bamboozler, if I remember correctly, is a charger that two-shots. Personally, I think the range would have to be pretty magnificent to make up for the weakness... but if it did something else like turn around the character and was squiffer range, or had some knockback of some sort, a huge inking trail, all those things could make up for its weaknesses.

MakesDream

Inkling Cadet
NNID
ToastMiller
are you implying the rapid blaster is a joke? because i thought so too until someone built it right and then i kept dying to them. it was embarrassing

But yeah the idea of the Bamboozler, if I remember correctly, is a charger that two-shots. Personally, I think the range would have to be pretty magnificent to make up for the weakness... but if it did something else like turn around the character and was squiffer range, or had some knockback of some sort, a huge inking trail, all those things could make up for its weaknesses.
Well, it has lots of range (it's a Charger, I think that's a safe assumption), so perhaps Damage Up would help (lower charge time to the2-shot should help), and Ink Saver Sub so you can get more shots after throwing out a Splash Wall. Ink Recovery Up and Saver Main might work too. Swim Speed Up would be nice as well, for running away when spotted. Special Saver and Special Charge Up could be nice as well, if you like Killer Wails.

Special Duration Up wouldn't be too useful, since it just lets you aim the Killer Wail longer. Run Speed Up... I'm not sure it's good for Chargers.

It might be best for Tower Control; it has Splash Walls to throw on the Tower, and the range to snipe riders or enemies attacking the Tower from afar. Maybe good for Rainmaker as well, since Splash Walls can block Rainmaker shots (I think so) and Killer Wails can break the shield really quickly. Not sure it'll be good in Splat Zones, probably stage-dependent. Might be alright in Turf War.

It's hard to say until we have it, but I think the Bamboozler 14 MK 1 will be better than the Rapid Blaster, at the very least.
The Bamboozler also benefits from being extremely mobile. Other chargers have huge movement speed reductions while charging. But if I recall correctly the bamboozler will only decrease your movement by a lowly 10% I think amping it up with run speed up will make it easy to weave through shots while retaliating.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
The Bamboozler also benefits from being extremely mobile. Other chargers have huge movement speed reductions while charging. But if I recall correctly the bamboozler will only decrease your movement by a lowly 10% I think amping it up with run speed up will make it easy to weave through shots while retaliating.
Wait what
The Bamboozler gets to still move fairly quickly while charging?
That's awesome!
I can't wait to try it out now!
But I don't think Run Speed Up affects speed while firing, or charging weapons. But maybe I just never noticed. I dunno.

Nin10doUltra

Full Squid
NNID
Nin10doUltra
I can't wait to try this weapon out. Maybe it could be like the Squiffer but i think a little bit more range.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
But yeah the idea of the Bamboozler, if I remember correctly, is a charger that two-shots.
This was confirmed? I only assumed it'd be a 2 hit kill because it'd be ****ing broken otherwise lol. Those stats are so sexy good! High range, mobility, and charge speed, this thing should actually be very good at spreading ink. But yeah, two hits to kill sucks massively. Getting the one shot was already hard enough, now you need me to hit them again? Still if the damage per shot is around 70-80 then it'd make a great finisher on weaken foes. Also Splash Walls and Disruptors on a Charger are hella nice, and Killer Wail n Echolocater are just good. Too bad there's no scoped versions.

polysaw

Inkster Jr.
NNID
laffysapphy
From what I've read, the Bamboozler is a charger type weapon with a two shot kill, more range than the squiffer, less than the splat charger, but an incredibly fast charge time. (I think it's 1/3 of a second or something like that?)

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
Wait what
The Bamboozler gets to still move fairly quickly while charging?
That's awesome!
I can't wait to try it out now!
But I don't think Run Speed Up affects speed while firing, or charging weapons. But maybe I just never noticed. I dunno.
It does, it's only Rollers it doesn't affect, so Run Speed could be a good option. However I think instead of trying to out maneuver in head-on fire fights it'd be better to stay out of range and hide behind Splash Walls or pick off people after you've hit them with a Disruptor. Ink Recovery Up and Ink Saver would be good for the MK-I, while Bomb Range Up is a must for the MK-II. For both Strength Up could be very useful.

Heart of Ice

Semi-Pro Squid

Damage up isn't real useful on a charger that charges that fast. In fact I think the only charger that gets a significant benefit from Damage Up is the e-liter.

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
Damage up isn't real useful on a charger that charges that fast. In fact I think the only charger that gets a significant benefit from Damage Up is the e-liter.
Ah, I hadn't seen that it charges lightning fast when I wrote that. Having seen that, though, yeah Damage Up seems kind of unnecessary on the Bamboozler since you can probably get full shots off all the time.

It does, it's only Rollers it doesn't affect, so Run Speed could be a good option. However I think instead of trying to out maneuver in head-on fire fights it'd be better to stay out of range and hide behind Splash Walls or pick off people after you've hit them with a Disruptor. Ink Recovery Up and Ink Saver would be good for the MK-I, while Bomb Range Up is a must for the MK-II. For both Strength Up could be very useful.
Damn, I never knew that. So it affects shooters' movement while I'm firing with them? That's great! I have a Hero Headset with 3 Damage Up subs that just got a lot more useful.
Though yeah, even with that Run Speed Up isn't great on a Charger, outside maybe the Squiffers (seems like it could use a little extra mobility, might have to try that sometime).
And yeah, Bomb Range Up on a Charger with Disruptors looks like it'll be a great combination. I always wondered why the Rapid Blaster never got that, might've been better if it had.
Ink Saver Sub and Ink Recovery Up look like they'll be great on this one, for both versions.
Do you think Swim Speed Up'll be any good? It seems like it'd be useful, but I generally use Swim Speed Ups, so I dunno if it'll really be good or if I should use something else for ability slots.

PHYTO-1

Pro Squid
NNID
PHYTO-1
Bamboozler doesn't need dmg ups. the charge time on it is half the squiffer's.

also the 2HKO doesn't need to be full charges. One full charge does 80 dmg, then an uncharged shot does 30. Full charge > uncharge > kill.

Also, uncharged shots go the same distance as full charge; charging only increases the dmg.

and because an uncharged shot only does base 30 dmg, it may be possible to raise its shots to kill from 4HKO to 3HKO, unless they cap it at 33.2 - but that is unlikely since the other chargers don't cap at 49.9 and can be raised to 50+ dmg for 2HKOs.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
^Thanks for the info guys! The only thing I still can't tell is exactly how much range it has. Squiffer has 4.0 test range lines worth of range while the Jet Squelcher has roughly 4.5. I was hoping the Bamboozler would be greater than both of those, but it looks like it still outranges most weapons which is key for the MK II version and it's disruptors. Also since damage ups aren't needed, the build I plan on using with it tomorrow has 2 main ability/6 sub ability slots free, not sure what to use. I'm definitely gonna have Swim Speed, Ink Recovery, and Ink Saver Main and Sub.

Box

Pro Squid
It has 2/5 of a line's worth more range than the squiffer. That's one full line shorter than the splat charger. In practice, it should have around jet squelcher range with perfect accuracy.

Based off of the data mining and some theory crafting, I believe it will be one of the game's best weapons. It can kite weapons like the pro, 96 gal, and dual squelcher because unlike the squiffer, it doesn't have to slow down to it's minimum movement speed for a lethal hit.

I expect run speed and damage up abilities to be effective as both of them improve your mobility while shooting.

Also if the damage doesn't cap at 99.9, welcome to the defense up meta.

Last edited:

Smoothshake317

Pro Squid
I am a hyped squid. I have been theorizing about this weapon for a while now.
The fact that this weapon's range does not vary between charges means it will easily be a battlefield weapon unlike the other chargers. Also, unlike the other chargers, this weapon reminds me of a bow and arrow weapon due to its charge time being off the charts and being far more mobile on the battlefield than the other weapons.

Last edited:

PHYTO-1

Pro Squid
NNID
PHYTO-1
Range is short, charge time is really short, mobility is high. It's the anti-E-Liter.

pretty much puts the squiffer in the trash.
It has 2/5 of a line's worth more range than the squiffer. That's one full line shorter than the splat charger. In practice, it should have around jet squelcher range with perfect accuracy.

Based off of the data mining and some theory crafting, I believe it will be one of the game's best weapons. It can kite weapons like the pro, 96 gal, and dual squelcher because unlike the squiffer, it doesn't have to slow down to it's minimum movement speed for a lethal hit.

I expect run speed and damage up abilities to be effective as both of them improve your mobility while shooting.

Also if the damage doesn't cap at 99.9, welcome to the defense up meta.
i'm running 25% dmg increase right now, and if it doesn't cap at 99.9 then i might just ruin everyone's day. at base 80, a 25% increase would be 103 dmg.

Nintendome

Inkredible YouTuber
NNID
LogicallyHank
it was in the datamined weapon files. uncharged max distance and full charged max distance both set to 200. also watch the video and you can tell.
Yeah I know the person that made the video but she couldn't confirm this.

Also, damage up has never been able to reduce the # of shots needed to kill. I don't see why that would change with this weapon, even if its a charger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom