Buff, Nerf, Delete

isaac4

Inkling Commander
Booyah Bomb is just a balanced version of Splashdown.

For the next person: Goo Tuber, Undercover Brella, and Splattershot Nova.
Heavily disagree that Booyah Bombs main utility is being a panic button but that's a whole different topic that I should save for another thread lol

Anyway
Buff Gootuber
Nerf Undercover
Delete Splattershot Nova

Buffing Gootuber is an obvious choice, both of it's kits aren't even too bad but it's completely outclassed by Squiffer and I don't think having the ability to store it's charge for longer than other chargers really helps it that much. At least it has the ability to kill without a full charge but I think the weapon still needs something else to help it stand out and give a reason to be picked over something like Squiffer. I'm not sure what that change could be though, I've only heard one idea of being able to throw a sub while keeping it's charge from ProChara but that's it.

I didn't want to nerf Undercover but it was that or nerf Gootuber and I think Gootuber could be a lot more interesting if it was good.
I guess you could nerf Undercovers shield even though it's already not great anyway. That's all I have for it honestly, there's nothing about Undercover that I really have a problem with.

I just do not care for Splattershot Nova. I think it's one of the few weapons that could be deleted from the game and not have much of an impact, mainly because there's already a lot of shooters anyway and having a mid ranged shooter with bad rng and a longer time to kill isn't very unique.

Next three options: Tri-Slosher, Clash Blaster, Sploosh

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
Buff: Sploosh
Sploosh is a really cool weapon, but really needs buffs. The main weapon isn't the problem though, it's the weak sub and special and the vanilla kit, and the nonexistent kit synergy on the neo kit. Buffing curling and stamp and giving neo sploosh a better kit counts as a buff I think. This would be so much fun to play if it was good.

Nerf: Tri-slosher
It doesn't really need nerfs but I had to pick one and it's the strongest out of the three. Plus, cooler spam needs a nerf. Not really much to say here, just nerf its points for special or something

Delete: Clash Blaster
I don't think being annoying is a good reason to delete a weapon, but it's more of a reason than there is for the other two. I really like this potential change, but again, i had to delete something and this is the obvious choice.

Next three: sprinkler, angle shooter, toxic mist

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
I'm not letting anyone else nab this one.

Buff Angle Shooter
Nerf Sprinkler
Remove Toxic Mist

Dart being good would help a ton of deserving weapons, and its design isn't even that bad, it just needs to be stronger at everything and have a little bit more utility like piercing enemies.
Sprinkler should absolutely still exist in the game. Even with a nerf, it's still instant feet paint and long-lasting utility.
Toxic Mist would not be missed. If it was good, it'd be a good alternative to bombs for area denial... but it's not good.

Let's go with Inkbrush, Octobrush, Painbrush.

DzNutsKong

Inkling Cadet
Buff: Inkbrush
By far the most interesting playstyle of the three, already has a very nice kit in the vanilla one and yet very few people have had too much success with it. Pretty sad. There was kind of an argument for me to remove this one because its mashing makes it literally impossible for some people to play but I think the reasons to keep it are stronger than the reasons not to. Might be biased because I love this thing to death though.

Nerf: Painbrush
I like the IDEA here even if I don't think the execution was perfect. This is a really hard one to work with though...how do you make heavy versions of Sloshers, Rollers, and Brushes and make them all feel distinct from one another, not to mention the other weapons in the game? Like they tried to make it feel like Dynamo, but it trades a lot of its direct power for brush rolling and continuous fire which I think is cool. The issue here is that it's horrible in competitive play and really strong into less serious players, and I think the latter is enough reason for it to be nerfed. At the very least it's better than the other weapons have.

Remove: Octobrush
I don't dislike this weapon but it doesn't feel especially purposeful compared to the other two. That might be from me not watching much high-level play of it but I dunno really. I can't imagine this using its rolling nearly as much as the Inkbrush since it moves so much more slowly and its kill time and range aren't anything to write home about either. Has the same issue with Painbrush for being not great in competitive play but strong into less competitive players although to a much lesser degree. I know both kits have seen some fringe use at high level and Painbrush is better into newer players, but I just see a lot more to like in Painbrush than this. Is it just me? This is subjective anyways.

You know what? Painbrush, Dynamo, Explosher next.

Mili

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
he/him
Switch Friend Code
SW-6426-7546-0600
I agree with isaac4 on specifically the machine buff, I barely got into machine before the big nerf for it came since I was just barely trying new weapons outside inkbrush at the time, and I think it's just kinda lame hahhah.

For nerf I would rather nerf pencil, I simply want more backlines to prosper....

For delete I would choose Screen, I just think it doesn't do nearly enough to be fun to use or play against, especially with the initial controversy, also I just think kits with screen would rather have something else, undercover, squeezer, flingza and 52, are all weapons that if they had a different special could have been a lot better, since the sub for each of them is kinda cool, so I think it sucks they got stuck with screen

Edit: Wait I didn't realize what the thing at the end was oops, uhhh let me think about it.

Rationally, I would like a buff for Dynamo's paint and painbrush is the more redundant of the 3 weapons, but I like painbrush so reduce the startup of the swing by just a bit.

For nerf I would reduce the lethal hitbox of the horizontal dynamo flick, even if I think the current one it's fine, I'm just doing it because I think it's the safest thing I can change lol.

I don't have anything against explosher, it's just the weapon I use less of the three, I wish it had more uses in other modes but I don't feel I know enough about it to really suggest much of anything for it.

For the next person Tri-Stringer, reef-lux and Splatana Wiper

Last edited:

Grekly

Full Squid
Pronouns
He/Him
I can take this one

Buff: Tri-stringer
This is most likely bias since tri-stringer is the backline I to play (beside from hydra but only the custom variant) it just has this problem where it get outclassed by other backlines. Not necessarily sure how to buff it tbh

Nerf: Wiper
Wiper is just the best of the three unfortunately this is the only reason why it is in nerf

Delete: Reef-lux
I hate to delete reef lux as it is a fun main weapon but out of the three I didn’t want to get rid of wiper and tri-stringer is literally on the front cover of the game so I don’t feel right deleting that either. So unfortunately it was just narrowed down to reef.

alright now let see what you guys would do with the brella variants Tenta, undercover, and Recycle Brella 24

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
Buff Recycle
Nerf Tent
Delete Undercover

Recycle Brella is an interesting weapon that should get more of an opportunity to shine.
Tenta Brella is the only brella that's already good. A nerf to it wouldn't be great, but Recycle is more deserving of the buff.
Undercover is dysfunctional, has the highest potential to be annoying, and is frankly one of the least necessary weapons in the game.

Specials time: Ultra Stamp, Kraken Royale, and Ink Vac.

Grushi

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-1492-1491-3432
Buff Recycle
Nerf Tent
Delete Undercover

Recycle Brella is an interesting weapon that should get more of an opportunity to shine.
Tenta Brella is the only brella that's already good. A nerf to it wouldn't be great, but Recycle is more deserving of the buff.
Undercover is dysfunctional, has the highest potential to be annoying, and is frankly one of the least necessary weapons in the game.

Specials time: Ultra Stamp, Kraken Royale, and Ink Vac.
Dang it not the tent nerf

Buff Ink vac
Really cool support special, but it's kind of weak-ish right now. Everyone wants to be able to cancel into the shot early but as a weird tent main the buff I want is to be able to swim when your shot is ready. Right now you can't, you get stuck in kid form which makes you vulnerable to any ultra stamps or krakens or whoever's running after you, and being able to swim would let you take more aggressive angles with the shot, which would be pretty huge for it I think
The only argument against ink vac is that it can cheese pretty much every mode in the game but I think it's pretty hard to set up and you still have solid counterplay imo.

Nerf Ultra Stamp
Reduce the shockwave hitbox, it kind of border on the dumb hitbox category and I think its matchups against non-shooters are disproportionately oppressive

Delete Kraken Royale
Really cool and iconic special, but being able to turn invincible is just a bad design decision to me, it has some counterplay, I don't hate it, but it can feel really one sided at times, I don't like liters being able to panic kraken, I don't like having a guy that can just stay alive while their teammates spawn back in. And of course this special almost single handedly killed competitive clam blitz, great job nintendo. If clams cheese's never going to be fixed, I'd rather they just delete it

For the next one:
One trick battle! The weapons that basically require you to one trick them because of how difficult they can be:
Splatana Stamper, Tenta Brella, and Squiffer!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom