Favourite Part?

Dirty Duck

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheThirdChild
So JoJo is a big manga, with many (for the most part) self contained Parts. Eight so far, with each being different from one another. So what're you guys' favourite Parts of JoJo, and why?

I've only allowed one answer, so sorry if you have a tied favourite part (like myself)

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
i'm only half way through diamond is unbreakable but so far i'm really enjoying it

it's a much more domestic setting and tone than the previous jojos but it gets very creative with the story and characters, and it especially sold me on stands better than part 3 did. most people i know who like jojo's favorite part is steel ball run, so we'll have to see when i get to that, but at the moment part 4 is definitely the most fun i've had reading the manga

Dirty Duck

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheThirdChild
i'm only half way through diamond is unbreakable but so far i'm really enjoying it

it's a much more domestic setting and tone than the previous jojos but it gets very creative with the story and characters, and it especially sold me on stands better than part 3 did. most people i know who like jojo's favorite part is steel ball run, so we'll have to see when i get to that, but at the moment part 4 is definitely the most fun i've had reading the manga
See reading Part III took me a long time because I had certain dips in interest, it felt never ending. Part IV I read within half of the Summer holiday I started it on, it's a great part. I feel like the slice of life aspect of it helped a lot, you can get a better feel for characters when they can do mundane stuff without a sense of urgency.

Steel Ball Run certainly is good, but I haven't finished it. Started reading a long time ago, I've just had some big breaks where I've focused on stuff like school and the likes. Will finish it come Summer; I didn't expect to like Johnny as much as I do, he's a cool JoJo.

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
See reading Part III took me a long time because I had certain dips in interest, it felt never ending. Part IV I read within half of the Summer holiday I started it on, it's a great part. I feel like the slice of life aspect of it helped a lot, you can get a better feel for characters when they can do mundane stuff without a sense of urgency.

Steel Ball Run certainly is good, but I haven't finished it. Started reading a long time ago, I've just had some big breaks where I've focused on stuff like school and the likes. Will finish it come Summer; I didn't expect to like Johnny as much as I do, he's a cool JoJo.
yeah im pretty sure a glacier moves an inch faster than part 3 can progress its story

and i've been reading jojo since the start of the year and just binge on reading it because of school, hopefully i can make some more progress before my senior year in august while playing splatoon :x

Dirty Duck

Inkling Cadet
NNID
TheThirdChild
Finishing a JoJo part can feel kind of bittersweet a lot of the time, because they go on for so long and then it's over. And there're more parts but you likely won't see the characters you've become attached to in the part prior. It's kind of why I haven't finished fully yet tbh, I don't want there to be no more JoJo to read whenever I feel like it haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom