Finding a weapon

Pilzkopf777

Inkling
NNID
Pilzkopf777
Hey there forums, hopefully you can help me out.
I really like Splatoon but I'm not very good at it. Yet, I want to play ranked. Normally I tend to stick around B to A- and I just cannot find a weapon that I am decent with. Hopefully someone here could recommend me a weapon or give some advice. Let it be noted that I am still level 35.

My most-used weapons are the 52 Gal Deco;(~180.000p), Aerospray PG (~70.000p) and the Neo Splash-o-matic (~40.000p).

Turf War goes quite well. Covering turf is easy and I'm pretty happy with that. The problem comes when I have to fight - which is unavoidable.

When Splat Zones is being played I normally tend to capture the zones. If there are multiple zones I always run from one to the other. I have a rather defensive play-style in these situations and mostly use ground-covering weapons (:wst_shot_precision00:, :wst_shot_blaze00: and the likes).

Tower Control never seems to work out for me. I rush onto the tower, die instantly and try again. I normally played using rollers but recently switched to blasters (which actually aren't so bad to attack people on the tower with). That doesn't change the fact that I'm not doing well though.

Oh, Rainmaker. I adore the gamemode and always go for the rainmaker. I tend to try and score some (team-)points by going for it and hoping to pass the enemy. Doesn't work out but I do get some quick points which can make or break the game in some cases. If I do not have the rainmaker, I prepare paths for a push (if I'm not dead).

I do not have any specific equipment combinations - I just pick what looks good and has okay-ish stats (and obviously 1+3 slots). And nor do I have a strategy. Maybe someone could give me a tip using these vague information.

vanille987

Inkling Cadet
NNID
777SAS777
if your still looking for advice:
i recommend an splatershot/N-zap weapon the most, they are good both at turfing and splating opponents. though prepare to get close and personal.

other suggestions:
a long-rang blaster, especially for tower control.
the luna blaster is know to 1-hit KO and doesn't need super precise aim so you may want to check that weapon out too,
but beware it is not so good at turfing and a very offensive weapon.

Try considering a slosher, they also don't need super precise aim and are good at both turfing and attacking.
and they work especially well in 'vertical' situations. (hiting an enemy behind cover, having the higher ground benefits a slosher greatly...)

Try looking for weapons with disruptor and/or echolocator, those tend to be supportive that may be for you.
more specefic: the costum jr, very good at turfing and supporting, but note that its hard to get kills with it since short range.

one more sugestion, an splatling, you do need aim with it though but since it fires a stream of shots with each charge, its more forgiving.
once you get the hang of it, you can 'rain' inkt on enemy's both turfing and spreading choas on enemy lines wich may benefit teammates.

you skills on your clothing mostly depends on your weapon. e.g.
weapons has high ink consumption, use ink saver and/or ink recovery up.
want to spat enemy's faster, have more margin. use damage up...
ink resistance up, quik respawn, stealth jump, special saver, special charge up are ability's that are generally good on most weapons depending on your playstyle.
also, you can go to spyke and buy more slots for clothing (up to a max of 3) with super sea snails and or coins.

hope this helped you somewhat. :)
and feel free to ask more questions

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom