Splatoon 2 From Splatling (or just long range) to Charger

ChaosChao

Senior Squid
NNID
ChaosChao
Switch Friend Code
SW-6158-1452-9029
So I normally run Heavy Splatling (Remix usually) and Jet Squelcher (Custom usually). Would it behoove me to learn a charger? How difficult is it to learn? To pivot from the weapons I use normally?

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I mean, you can. Those three weapons are all ranged but have different roles on a team, and any charger will require more precision on account of having to make each shot count, whereas Jets and Splatlings can afford to lead shots a bit or be off the target for a half-second.

It's also worth noting that ink armor dominates the meta at this time, which has always been a headache for chargers. A charger shot will still damage and knock-back someone covered with ink armor, but unless they were already weakened they'll shrug it off and keep going.

I don't really have any solid advice advocating for or against chargers. Ever since launch opinions on whether chargers are on the rise or falling behind other weapon options have flip-flopped seemingly every month, so take that subject with a grain of salt.

The Salamander King

NNID
sintiss0421
Switch Friend Code
SW-3785-4018-5310
Chargers, by design, cannot be effective on a team unless the enemy is feeding right into you. Weapons like Jet Squlchers and Splatlings can be more aggressive and push up when they need to. A charger cannot do this to anywhere near the same degree of these other long range weapons. The charger class as a whole is very inflexible when it comes to switching roles on the fly, and in a game like Splatoon where players should be constantly switching roles depending on the state of the game, that means that in most circumstances a Custom Jet Squelcher, Heavy Splatling, Explosher, or any number of other anchor weapons will be better on a team.

TLDR; You should learn charger if you want to be better at snapping to targets. You should not learn it if you want to improve your performance.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom