• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

New Map: Museum d'Alfonsino

Las7

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Las7man

We're going to guess that was an accident

Nintendo Direct hasn't happened yet, but it looks like a relatively small reveal may have tumbled out courtesy of the Splatoon Splatnet website. We suspect the automated process of the site's schedule page has caught Nintendo out as it shows an all-new stage that's on the way very soon.

It's called Museum d'Alfonsino and is scheduled to go live in both Regular and Ranked battle at 6pm Pacific / 9pm Eastern (12th November) / 2am UK / 3am CET (13th November) for four hours. You can see the screencap below.
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/11/new_splatoon_map_museum_dalfonsino_revealed_on_splatnet

Hype!

ShinyGirafarig

Inkling Commander
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
Switch Friend Code
SW-6085-7937-9686
Even though it looks like it will take place outdoors, I would really like it if there is a human skeleton so we can finally see how big Inklings are in comparison to humans for our Inkling/Octoling biology topic.

Las7

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Las7man
Seems like another good map for Platforming.

MelonBread

Inkster Jr.
NNID
MelonPann
about time they released a new map, its been like what, 2 months?
and it looks suprisingly comfy, hope it's going to be fun to play in

Graff

I'm not funny D:
NNID
griffingraff
Aww was hoping it was indoors. Well about time anyway.

Superjustinbros

Pro Squid
NNID
AozoraJustin
I like the look of this new stage (since ingame they're not called "Maps"); looks bit on the futuristic/modern end.

D

Deleted Member

When I first saw this during the Nintendo Direct, I thought it was going to be a new hub area beside Inkopolis. This is a pleasant surprise. I really like the map design and theme of Museum d'Alfonsino. An art museum is a perfect representation of Splatoon. Hopefully we'll hea some commentary about Callie loving this place. Which makes me think. There should be a science themed map for Marie.

Mahi-Mahi Resort looks absolutely beautiful. I've always wanted a map with lots of crystal-clear water to battle around. The tide change is a new and welcomed mechanic.

Litagano Motscoud

Inkling Commander
NNID
Litagano
ohmanohmanohmanohman

I LOVE how this map looks. One of my gripes with Splatoon maps were how small they were, but this one looks pretty big. It's also got dynamic elements, too!

Ayasha89

Full Squid
NNID
Ayasha89
The statues are great, and the rotating platforms look like they could easily turn the tide of a standoff. Charger heaven, no doubt.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
This map is a blast. The design looks so crisp and nice, while the rotating platforms are a fun gimmick that gives players both a height advantage and a way to get into the other team's map. It reminds me of Flounder Heights (My favorite map) as a combination of tall, inkable walls and flat platforms.

:sprinkler: is OP here. Put it on the edge of a rotating platform and it will cover large amounts of turf for you while you do something else.

⭐️Latias

Full Squid
NNID
pikachurox19
I don't mind the stage. I don't really feel an art museum is the best place to hold a turf war but I've got to admit, they've done a nice job on this stage. You can see pieces of artwork through the glass of the outside wall of the museum (I'll take a screenshot. Hard to explain otherwise). It's also a really good stage for chargers, especially in ranked.

Museum wall:

Zoom in of the paintings inside:

Last edited:

Sol64

The RNG God of /r/Splatoon
Eh. It's okay. Really good for people who like Chargers.
This even outstrips moray towers by a huge margin for charger favouritism. I've found 3 places to snipe from and 1 (potentially 2) of them are unreachable unless one person goes out of their way to go around and splat you (and it's a really massive go out of your way trip).

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
:sprinkler: is OP here. Put it on the edge of a rotating platform and it will cover large amounts of turf for you while you do something else.
Yeah. Just imagine trying to get at the Sprinkler while the one responsible for it shuts down any attempts to get close. It'll be a major pain to be sure.

Also, I'm digging the squidified masterpieces on display. The Inklings have a neat taste in art even though some of it is just their takes on our pieces.

Silver_1357

Semi-Pro Squid
This even outstrips moray towers by a huge margin for charger favouritism. I've found 3 places to snipe from and 1 (potentially 2) of them are unreachable unless one person goes out of their way to go around and splat you (and it's a really massive go out of your way trip).
I just had this one thought about being that one guy just stranded out of nowhere until 4 people with chargers swoop down and instantly try to kill me.

It happened to me once. I narrowly escaped.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
I like it, but I recommend reconning it thoroughly before trying it for the first time. There are so many dead ends with no inkable walls to help you escape. Lots of ways for enemies to gang up on you when you get close to their side as well.

My first two matches were disasters. I went 2/8 for the first one, and 1/7 for the second one. I backed out, ran through the stage in recon, came back, and did very well afterwards.

Silver

Speedrunning Inkling
NNID
MHFsilver
Here's my thoughts on it by mode:

Splat Zones: The zone seems oddly small. I felt like the zone could have been bigger by making it longer or something but the way it is currently is pretty small. Using a Tri-Slosher you can capture the zone in only 4 sloshes. There's plenty of space to move around to help maintain control or to help you gain control. This map has plenty of ways to get into the zone and if you think you're being stopped at every turn, you're not even trying. This map is not Kelp Dome, you can escape and get into the zone. The platform in the middle seems to not matter for the zone as you can capture it without at all inking the top of the platform.

Tower Control: The tower moves in a path I kinda expected it to. Before going into it me and my squad made some jokes about the tower spinning around in a circle like one of the platforms, only to find out that it does move along with one of them. The tower moves from what is a normal and safe spot for people to use specials like Bubbler and Kraken, to a spot just over water where you can get pushed off and you'll drown. This spot is also accompanied by a great spot for chargers to sit and await the tower. This spot is nice for chargers but isn't annoying to the point where you can't stop the charger from getting you. Also the wall for the charger to hide behind is to their right so no right handed rule will be in play which is good.

Rainmaker: The Rainmaker gets placed on top of the middle platform which is where I expected it to be though what I wasn't expecting is the amount of routes you can take. You can grab the Rainmaker and jump onto the next moving platform and hop along it to get inside the enemy base or you can drop down and approach using some boxes to the right or left. Sadly though it seems the left-most path using the boxes is easily defended so it might not be the best route to take despite probably being the fastest. Not to mention the moving platform is right next to the top of that box and if the platform turns it can actually stop you from climbing the box

Overall, I like it. There's plenty of stuff going on and plenty of space to be in. I can't wait to plan out stuff like Beakon spots and good hiding spots.

We did spend a bit of time looking for map exploits but everything we could think of was stopped by an invisible wall.

dapperlace

Pro Squid
I really need to recon this stage later. It can get pretty chaotic, and the different heights on the platforms reach some pretty weird areas.

I also fell into the water quite a bit the first two matches I got with this map. Oops.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Looking at the Callie and Marie quotes on Inkipedia their discussions are so perfect to how they were during Splatfest. Callie loving art, Marie with her disinterest in it. Marie even says she wished it was a Science Museum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom