Coral and Clam vs the Blue Toxin Bird (One-shot story)

Cephalobro

Coral and Clam have been going about their usual day: the former playing Turf Wars while the latter watches the Turf War match. Coral has managed to splat an Inkbrush user who was waiting to ambush his Heavy Splatling teammate providing firing support for the rest of the team. By the end of the match, more of the place was painted yellow than cyan, Coral's team winning the match as a result. Afterwards, Clam waits for Coral to return to Inkopolis Square.

"There's my little bro, winning many Turf War matches in a row!" Clam unintentionally rhymes in excitement to see his brother Coral sitting at the same table he is.

"It pays to be part of the Octarian army." Coral says in return, thinking about how total chaos in Inkopolis was prevented thanks to General Anemone's efforts to keep order in Inkopolis.

"That was a great match." Clam says, being an Octotrooper bars him from actually participating in any ink battles given he can't respawn while Coral can respawn.

"Do you want to play some video-video games now?" Coral asks Clam.

"Yeah, I do!" Clam replies excitedly.

However, before they could go back home to play video-games, Coral's communication device sounded.

"Hey General Anemone, what's up?" Coral asks.

"You and Clam must come to me at once, I will only tell you once you're here." General Anemone says, keeping utmost secrecy so that no one else nearby would get curious.

"Sure, we will be right there!" Coral says as he hangs up, "Well Clam, it looks like we have another mission on our tentacles."

"For something that needs to be this hidden means it's a big deal." Clam replies, "Let's meet up with General Anemone right now."

The two brothers make their way back to the Octarian neighborhood, heading to General Anemone's office to talk to him.

"No time for chit-chat, both of you take a seat right now." General Anemone demands the two brothers to already sit in the two chairs in front of his desk.

"What's wrong?" Clam asks.

"I haven't told you before that a creature of toxin and malice exists. Legends say it was a creation of the humans long ago, the purpose was unknown, but sources say it was for easier communication." General Anemone starts, "Unfortunately, that very same creature devolved to accept the darker side of sentience, the creature is known as the Blue Toxin Bird, it's a bird that reportedly is blue entirely and is capable of using poison as its weapon. Its poison, however, corrupts the mind once it enters the body to reject what is normal, the individual would then become unusually aggressive and start hating what is normal for no reason at all. The extinction of humans has brought an end to its influence, but now that we have replaced the humans, the Blue Toxin Bird is threatening to begin its damaging influence again."

"How do you know about it? And how do we stop it?" Coral asks, hoping to get answers so that he and Clam can prevent any destruction to the surface Octarians, as wells as the corruption of Inkopolis.

"I have known about it once I saw it visiting Inkopolis, spraying its poison on some individuals, later on I noticed those same individuals spewing false facts and treating those as if they were true, their aggression came about when other people got yelled at for disagreeing with them. This is clearly a threat not only to Octarians, but sentient life as we know it." General Anemone answers the first question, "For us to put a stop to the Blue Toxin Bird, we have to bring about its permanent end to its influence. I have tried to come up with a solution to this, but all have pointed to disabling its ability to spew its poison because the toxin contained inside the poison can unfortunately be used as a weapon of influence."

"So, what does Clam and me need to do?" Coral asks.

"Yes, just tell us how we disable its influence!" Clam exclaims, ready to fight the creature.

"You must fight it until it tires of fighting, once done so, I will send our secret weapon, the Tentageddon to finish it off and disabling its ability to spew poison. Ocean and I will be paying close attention to the battle at hand." General Anemone gives the orders to the two brothers.

Coral and Clam promptly leave General Anemone's office after they are given the location of the Blue Toxin Bird. As they head outside of their neighborhood, Kelp sees them and waves. Coral and Clam both wave back at Kelp.

A loud screech, one sounding like it's from an oversized vulture, pierces the peace as a giant bird-shaped shadow covers the area, Coral and Clam look up to see a giant blue bird with a serrated beak, one of its feet with large talons grabs Kelp, octonapping her to bring back to its lair.

"Coral, help me!" Kelp cries out as she's octonapped

"Hey, you let her down right now!" Coral yells out in surprise and desperation.

"Come on Coral, let's follow it!" Clam exclaims as he and Coral start chasing after the bird.

The bird marks a large, gaping X on the concrete, designating this spot as a hunting ground for it to come back.

The brothers take turns keeping their eyes on the bird and on their surroundings. Coral can hear Ocean in the communication device, she sounds like she's in tears.

"Carp, Ocean is not taking this well." Coral says to his Octotrooper brother Clam.

"Focus on the mission, it's the only way we will defeat this thing." Clam says to his Octoling brother Coral.

Coral nods, gripping his Octo Shot tightly in preparation for the battle.

The chase eventually led the brothers into a messy wasteland of forgotten human creations, from broken-down cars to torn and eroded flags. The two brothers sensed an aura of intense negativity as they carefully made their way around the maze of mess.

"This is where that thing lives?" Coral asks, "Not gonna lie, this is a depressing place to live in."

"Agreed, I'm worried that we are going to be corrupted from this. I'm worried for Kelp too, hopefully, this place doesn't corrupt her either." Clam says.

"Well, one thing about Kelp whom I find great, she's filled to the brim with positivity, so she will be able to resist the negative influence from this place." Coral assures Clam.

The two brothers do their best to resist the aura as much as possible until they reach a part that's weirdly organized look like a nest of sorts, in it, Coral and Clam find Kelp who is tied up with an old rope.

"Coral and Clam!" Kelp exclaims her excitement at the arrival of the two brothers.

"Don't worry Kelp, we're here to rescue you." Coral assures Kelp.

"And to defeat that creature." Clam adds.

Coral hurries over to untie the rope to free Kelp while Clam keeps watch of the surroundings, it is then that the screech is heard again, and the bird from earlier descends upon the group with malice in its eyes.

"Oh carp!" Coral yells out as he hurries to free Kelp, he successfully frees her. Kelp kisses him quickly before fleeing to a safer distance.

"Alright Coral, let's defeat the Blue Toxin Bird once and for all!" Clam tells his brother.

Coral nods in agreement as he superjumps onto the Blue Toxin Bird's neck and starts shooting ink point-blank on the neck.

Clam starts striking the Blue Toxin Bird on its wings to cripple the beast.

However, those were only minor wounds for the Blue Toxin Bird, which swiped with its talons at the brothers.

Coral and Clam both got hit by the swipe from the talons, causing a large scratch to appear on Coral's cheek and above Clam's eyes. The Blue Toxin Bird then regurgitated a similarly blue liquid.

"Clam run!" Coral yells out as he starts running to prevent the blue liquid from hitting him.

Clam follows Coral, the liquid barely missing both of them.

"Carp, I thought this was going to be like fighting a King Salmonid." Coral says, trying to keep his focus on the battle.

"We have to keep on fighting this until it tires out." Clam tells Coral.

"Then let's do this!" Coral explains as he throws a Splat Bomb at the Blue Toxin Bird, the sub-weapon gets caught in the creature's beak before exploding into a wave of yellow ink that now covers the creature's eyes.

Clam uses this opportunity to strike as hard as he can, hitting the Blue Toxin Bird where the possible poison gland is located.

Coral then continues shooting point-black at the creature, leaving deep dots of yellow ink on its body.

The Blue Toxin Bird then screeched loudly in fury, knocking both Coral and Clam backward and removing all of the yellow ink on its body. As it tried to spew the poison, it started coughing out a few bursts of the poison. The brothers knew what this meant and promptly resumed their attack. The creature started swiping at the brothers again, this time, Coral painted the ground enough to avoid the hit as he turned into his octopus form and grabbed Clam, swimming through the ink, Clam inadvertently also avoided the hit with Coral's help.

As the Blue Toxin Bird tried to peck the brothers, Coral decided to use the Triple Inkstrikes while Clam protected him. Coral threw two at the bird's wings and the third one got caught in its beak. Then three Inkstrikes fell on the Blue Toxin Bird, crippling its wings and blocking its vision. The creature is now clearly tired, but it will resume attacking in seconds.

Kelp watches the battle, her hand clutched on her chest as she feels her hearts pounding like a drum. The Tentageddon arrives just in time to help.

The Blue Toxin Bird sees a ship approaching it, the ship referred to as Tentageddon, which opens fire on the creature with high-pressured water, hitting it directly. The Blue Toxin Bird screeches as it starts melting away from the hit, leaving nothing in its place. Kelp runs over to Coral, hugging him.

"You did it!" Kelp says excitedly.

"With some help of course." Coral replies, not wanting to take all the credit.

"Who was piloting the Tentageddon?" Clam asks.

The Tentageddon lowered a ladder down, which Coral, Clam, and Kelp climbed, eventually making their way inside the ship. This is when they discovered it was General Anemone who was piloting it, confirming that he dealt the final blow to the Blue Toxin Bird. Beside him was Ocean, who was seen pressing some buttons and flipping some switches to look at the logistics.

"Uncle!" Kelp runs to her Octohurler uncle and gives him a hug.

"I almost lost you Kelp, and thank you Coral and Clam for rescuing my niece." General Anemone thanks the brothers.

"Yes, thank you for saving my sister." Kelp's Octobomber sister also thanks the brothers.

"This was a tough battle, but we managed to survive." Clam says in relief as he goes over to Ocean and holds one of her tentacles.

"Let's go home, I did enough battling for one day." Coral says as he sits next to Kelp.

"I already checked that yes, the Blue Toxin Bird has been neutralized, its influence will permanently end in a few weeks." Ocean tells the group.

General Anemone takes the group back to the Octarian neighborhood, satisfied that a great evil from the time of the humans has been permanently defeated.

The End!

Bennet

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him/His
NNID
scamton
Switch Friend Code
SW-7447-6424-1120
I only read about one or two paragraphs before checking how long this was, also how long did this take you to type?

P.S This looks awesome!

Cephalobro

Took me about an hour since it's supposed to be a one-shot, meaning a 1 chapter story.

Thank you, I know I needed to make a story relating to the separation of Twitter/X from Splatoon posts, hence the bird being blue, marking an X on the ground, and also being a completely evil antagonist who intends to corrupt the innocent.

Last edited:

Bennet

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
He/Him/His
NNID
scamton
Switch Friend Code
SW-7447-6424-1120
Took me about an hour since it's supposed to be a one-shot, meaning a 1 chapter story.

Thank you, I know I needed to make a story relating to the separation of Twitter/X from Splatoon posts, hence the bird being blue, marking an X on the ground, and also being a completely evil antagonist who intends to corrupt the innocent.
wow, I am happy that I can finally do stuff without having to sync my account to Facebook or twitter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom