What are your hopes for the 8.0.0 balance patch?

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
We will soon be getting news about Sizzle Season 2024, what do you hope to see from the new balance patch?

I’m hoping for a small Snipewriter nerf (preferably 65 damage), main weapon nerfs to .52 Gal and Squeezer (please), Tri-Zooka startup nerf, a meaningful buff to either Wave Breaker or Reefslider, and a small buff for Douser Dualies.

Share your thoughts on the topic here.

Last edited:

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
You make an excellent point.
Since that thread is mostly focused on the new content, I'll make it clearer that this one focuses on the patch.

isaac4

Inkling Commander
I have a few things I'd like but because we're talking about Splatoon 3 balance patches, I'm only expecting one of them to actually happen.
  • Pencil paint nerf
  • Zooka startup nerf
  • Splattershot paint nerf
  • Explosher ink efficiency buff
  • Fewer white ink frames for Explo
  • Machine ink efficiency buff (it'll undo a previous nerf so it can be 11 sloshes again instead of 10)
  • vMachine 210p (Booyah isn't worth 220p)
  • Machine fire rate buff (the main weapon wasn't good enough to warrant a 5 frame nerf)
  • Toxic Mist goes from taking 60% to 50% of a full ink tank

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
  • Get Cooler to a point where it's not considered mandatory for every team to have one. Special saver nerf at the very least.
  • Zooka startup. Please I beg you.
  • Kill Pencil. Like actually just kill this thing, no one wants it in the meta.
  • Explo shot velocity buff. I fear any other buff would be too braindead, but shot velocity could be really nice.
  • Something for Heavy? Honestly the main weapon is fine, but kits are not so great and simply being fine doesn't cut it in this meta anymore. IDK what to give it though, I just want my main to have a li'l something more to make it relevant.
  • Another Wave Breaker buff, it still needs a bit more. I want to say faster fire rate, enough to fire one more wave over its duration. I guess that can be the something for Heavy.
  • Do something with Sprinkler. I don't even know what would make any difference, but do something.
  • Point Sensor and Toxic Mist both gain added skillshot effects for hitting a direct with the throw.
  • Improve the effect of charging Curling Bombs. I think this is an interesting mechanic that goes completely ignored, so I want to see it made relevant.
  • Nerf to Triple Splashdown, I think the buff went too far. I think the fists should go back to 40f but the user can stay 30f. Maybe a small damage nerf to the fists too. Just make it a bit harder for a panic button to get away with trading anyway.

briank913

Pro Squid
NNID
briank913
Switch Friend Code
SW-0159-0074-0919
...and to elevate Sploosh to the God-tier status it so rightfully deserves

ThestralZ

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-1797-1352-6215
Zooka startup frames, Pencil main weapon paint nerf, wave breaker health buff, and a few points for special changes and we’re all good.

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
I’m hoping that if they buff Ultra Stamp they give it the Triple Splashdown treatment, making it protect the user properly but also reducing its shockwave radius or making it slightly slower in rush mode.

Also a chumps buff would be nice. Something along the lines of blowing up faster.

TheBearProphet

Inkling
Pronouns
He/Him
NNID
BearProfit
Switch Friend Code
SW-3580-6675-6119
Nerfs:
zooka (startup and projectile speed)
cooler (special saver to 80%)
Splatter-shot (pps)
squeezer (pps)

nerf and buff:
tri strike (swim while equipped but slower explosion expansion)

Buffs:
wave breaker (hp and damage),
chumps (paint and time to explode),
toxic mist (short term persistent debuff),
dart (? Idk what saves this thing).
Ink mine (two shots to kill and faster explosion.)
explosher (ink efficiency.)
Tri-stringer (not sure, something small like better paint or slightly faster charge or movement speed while charging)
Heavy & Hydra splatlings (unsure, possibly a very small range buff, maybe a charge time buff for hydra? I’m too close to these to make an unbiased call, but they need something to keep up.
Recycled brella (more shield Hp)
Brella and undercover brella (one more pellet per shot or slight damage buff per pellet. Not quite a one shot still, but easier to combo even if a pellet or two miss)
Nozzlenoses (less endlag)

Fix:
splatterscreen sound (just don’t have a sound effect or use something simple like the loading screen “bubble” sound. Just don’t make it a freaking access issue.)

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
dart (? Idk what saves this thing).
Ink mine (two shots to kill and faster explosion.)
Dart trail damage would be huge, especially if it dealt 30 damage. Not needing to hit a direct to get significant value instantly ejects the sub from the bottom of bottom tier up to probably Ink Mine tier.
Speaking of which, I'm surprised someone else acknowledged that Mines should really do more damage. My thoughts were a buff to 55 damage rather than 60 so it's not completely broken on E-liter. I think their explosion speed is fine, though it'd be a decent buff.

Tri-stringer (not sure, something small like better paint or slightly faster charge or movement speed while charging)
Faster fire rate. In other words, less lag after firing a shot. This mostly applies to tap shots.
The buff would help it ink more turf and better defend itself against frontlines trying to rush it down.
If you've ever played Stringer, you know. The rate of firing tap shots is oh so slow. Especially compared to REEF-LUX.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom