After the final Splatfest, what will you do?

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
The final Splatfest is just a few days away. What are you people going to do once that finishes? Will you continue playing the game as usual or take some time off of it?

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
I'll probably stop playing Normal Battles except when I'm learning a brand-new weapon, but otherwise I see no reason to stop.

Mr. 9

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
interesting_deal
Heck no, not time off for me! The game's still super fun, and I just got to S+ last week so I need to keep tweaking my game so I can hold my own against those hyper-competitive ubersquids. ;)

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Not sure, to be honest. I know it's a common joke to say splatoon is dying, but i've noticed lobbies feel emptier and emptier especially in turf war. There's not a real definite point where the game stopped being active, it's more of a very slow decline. That i now occassionally see splathax hackers popping up now and then makes me far less interested in continuing knowing the game might devolve in a cesspool of hacked weapons.

I'll probably stop playing after this splatfest and wait till the likely sequel will appear and fix this game's flaws(I'm looking at you, Spyke). I've dumped allmost 700 hours in this game, i had a good run! Meanwhile, i'll move on and play Overwatch or something.

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
I don't see any point in stopping just because Splatfests are ending. Splatfests were only a small part of what Splatoon is... If people are leaving just because they're ending, it makes me question how much they actually genuinely enjoyed the game at all. I won't stop playing the game just because they're ending. My friends keep me coming back to Splatoon. As long as I have friends to play with, I'll probably continue playing the game. c:

SilverBlue-Neko

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-0694-5266-9796
I don't know really. I tend to draw Splatoon fan-art more than actually play the game. If I had more friends that played the game, I would play it more. I will most likely play it here and there, but not much anymore.

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
i've noticed lobbies feel emptier and emptier especially in turf war
I've seen exactly the reverse. My lobbies are filling faster than ever, I've only had the "wait for next match" popup once in the last month or so (it used to happen daily). And there are a lot more low-level players than there were a few months ago. Maybe because you're a top-tier player and it's having a harder time matching you, especially outside of Ranked.

swamphox

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DawGnar
I plan on binge playing thru splatfest. I will be there when it begins at 5 a.m. on Friday and I will be there when it ends at 5 a.m. on Sunday. My sons accounts and mine will be at king level. Snails for days.

Probably wont go as hard after that. Ill play for fun. Ill set a timer of a diet dr pepper. When its done im done. Maybe an hour a day max. Splatoon has intruded into my thinking to where when i heard about the incident in Dallas, the first thing I imagined was a Captain Squidgirl with an E liter. I need to cut back. A lot.....

Fall will be coming soon and with it football. Im a uga season ticket holder. My son and i go to every home game. Fantasy football going on. Pay to play pick ems etc.

Skiing and the holidays come after that. Come spring ill be back in it.

Splatoon passes the time while im in the doldrums of summer. Its not that i dislike doing things with my boy in summer like swimming, fireworks, and tubing but i hate Georgia summers in general. Too long and too hot.

Last edited:

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
I haven't really liked Splatfest for a long time, so my Splatoon experience won't be really much different afterwards. I would be surprised if the lack of Splatfest causes a bunch of people to leave the game for good. It's only a fraction of what the game offers. I do hope they have a way to give us more snails or something after it comes to an end though.

I've seen exactly the reverse. My lobbies are filling faster than ever, I've only had the "wait for next match" popup once in the last month or so (it used to happen daily). And there are a lot more low-level players than there were a few months ago. Maybe because you're a top-tier player and it's having a harder time matching you, especially outside of Ranked.
I'm noticing far more lower level players in recent play sessions. I usually would just get nothing but pure level 50 lobbies, but I get a lot of level 20s nowadays. As well as an occasional very low level player, which usually throws a wrench in having a fair fight. :oops:

chrisblass1

Pro Squid
NNID
Chrisblass1
I never really liked splatfest and I barely play splatoon now so nothing will really change. I'll just move on and play more video games and once in awhile play splatoon.If they keep updating splatoon and give us more content i will play more. Hopefully a sequel will come out soon with a lot of new additions

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Keep playing. There are still people to play with. People I like playing with. People I want to play with.

Maybe make some fanart, finally. But most assuredly re-board the ship and set sail on the Sea O' Love LULZ, because surely there'll be a deluge of unique fanart and fanfic after this. ;)

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Not really a huge fan of splatfests, so I might play more often. They always seemed to show up exactly as soon as I started playing. :(

Slushious

Token Party Squid
NNID
Setsu-P
Switch Friend Code
SW-3439-5127-4993
I see no reason to stop, tbh. The tweaks they made to Splatfest made it less of a massive headache than it was, but I haven't been able to play one for a while now. Turf is still fun, and with the right weapon to hand cash isn't that hard to rack up, so.. Besides, I still have friends who play.

Not giving up here!

Cyan

Inkling Commander
I definitely am seeing a slow dying off of the game. I was in a squad sometime within the last 2 weeks and kept bumping into the same 10 or so twin squads. Aside from that, the search times were really long and timed out quite a lot. Let's be honest here, the game has reached the end of its run now, once you're Level 50, S+ and got all the weapons and gear there's no incentive to keep playing. Sure you can level all the gear or go for S+99 but outside of the competitive community who will go for that? I don't know whether I'll still keep playing, but Splatfest finishing is not affecting my decision in the slightest. Solo queue is not fun and squads, whilst fun, don't really do much other than to play ranked without your rank changing as an S/S+ player. The fact that are no more maps coming, no more Sheldon's Picks (they would have come in 2.9.0) and no more ranked modes or changes to rank means the game has reached its climax, no more changes, no more exciting updates, and no more freshness (if you will). It had a good run, and it will probably survive another year or 2, but after that, only the competitive will remain, and by then Splatoon 2 will be very much on the cards for the NX. I'm going to keep playing until I've finally had enough of the game, and I'm aiming to max the Turf on the Soda and get better at other weapons before I eventually stop.

FlyingInk

Inkster Jr.
NNID
MyTurbo6
One of my favorite things about the past Splatfests was that they included new maps. All the maps have been played to death by now.

chubbypickle

Inkling Cadet
i never really liked splatfests at all due to me liking rank games vs turf wars................ and money = snails so for me all stays the same

Rustic

Inkling Commander
Probably go to Original Content and go Hollow(Go insane) writing stuff. Then realize I still got a purpose and go to RP Square and Hollow there instead.

Posting on mobile is really annoying...

But in all seriousness, I'll probably play Splatoon not as often. Splatfests are kinda what I really liked to play. Because I got to fight against people who can't kill me where I was 5 seconds ago because of some lag. But eh, I suppose being locked in S rank purgatory is a decent enough for me.

I guess I'll busy myself with trying out any new weapons I've yet to use as well.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom