• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Tournament [Apr 16, 2016] Messtival! 4 (Online)

Posso

Senior Squid
NNID
Minty_Blaziken
I'm going solo, you'll need 4 players to put out this fire [Makes explosion noises]

Njok

Bouncer
I'm going solo, you'll need 4 players to put out this fire [Makes explosion noises]
Good one. I like jokes, but i've gone ahead and removed your registration anyway, assuming you were the Tasos that registered alone. Please don't.

Posso

Senior Squid
NNID
Minty_Blaziken
Good one. I like jokes, but i've gone ahead and removed your registration anyway, assuming you were the Tasos that registered alone. Please don't.
Yeah I was hoping you were able to remove players since I didn't want to give free wins to teams that I came across. Sorry for the hassle.

Njok

Bouncer
Starting an hour later than originally posted to show some love to our friends in pacific timezone, also adjusted the times for each round a bit.

There has been a lot of talk lately about tournament delays and how it needs to be handled better. I agree, but i would like to point out that Messtival! 3 already had deadlines for each round. It just went unnoticed because there were no delays that made us enforce our rules.

I trust we can all work together to have another smooth tournament :)

Riptide55

Inkling
NNID
Powerchomper7
Can you move it to another weekend cause of the new update on the 13

Jeane JWE

Inkster Jr.
NNID
likeisuzaku
Big shout out for giving STD a loss because of factors that were blatantly the fault of the opposing team, and then handling the resulting responses in such a remarkably unprofessional and biased manner.

Njok

Bouncer
Big shout out for giving STD a loss because of factors that were blatantly the fault of the opposing team, and then handling the resulting responses in such a remarkably unprofessional and biased manner.
We acted according to the rules, as we did in every similar situation. If the opposing team was stalling, you should have reported this while they were doing it, as stated in the rules very clearly, instead of 15 minutes after the deadline passed. The "resulting responses" were you guys asking us to bend the rules and give you the win WAY after said deadline, and we refused because we do not understand why STD feels entitled to special treatment.

Jeane JWE

Inkster Jr.
NNID
likeisuzaku
We acted according to the rules, as we did in every similar situation.
Can you show me the clause in your rules for "silence all opposition, kick all supporters of them"?

If the opposing team was stalling, you should have reported this while they were doing it, as stated in the rules very clearly, instead of 15 minutes after the deadline passed. The "resulting responses" were you guys asking us to bend the rules and give you the win WAY after said deadline, and we refused because we do not understand why STD feels entitled to special treatment.
That would make sense if it weren't your oversight in not bring ThatsSo into the Captain's chat and directly notifying him that there was an issue. Was he supposed to psychically detect that the other team was stalling?

Njok

Bouncer
Can you show me the clause in your rules for "silence all opposition, kick all supporters of them"?
Sure, i'll get right on that after you've shown me all the people we silenced and kicked... This is absolute bullshit lmao. The fact that you are posting lies like this to make us look bad kind of says enough imo.

I banned 1 person, which was slimy. I did this after a clear warning AND this happened in the general channel while the discussion in the helpdesk went on.

That would make sense if it weren't your oversight in not bring ThatsSo into the Captain's chat and directly notifying him that there was an issue. Was he supposed to psychically detect that the other team was stalling?
Before the tournament an announcement was made very clearly that captains that didn't have the captains tag / see the captains channel should tell us. My oversight? Please show me the post where Thatsso asks for the captains role then. Or do you expect us to go and chase after 57 teamcaptains (most of which have a completely different name on discord then in game) on a server with more than 200 people on it?

Aside from that, the rules were very clear from the get go. A round lasts 35 minutes, in case of stalling report immediately. It was in the rules document, on battlefy and in the rules channel on discord. You guys keep bending facts and just keep yelling how Njok screwed you over as loud as you can, but the very simple fact is that your captain failed to act according to the rules.

By the way, my own team, On The Bounce, made the exact same mistake in round 2 and i had no other choice than to give them the loss. If i was biased like you so blatantly stated, would i have done that?

Or is STD's conspiracy thinking actually so bad that you believe i gave my own team a loss, just so i can **** STD over later and have a similar situation to compare it to?

pixelatedcody

[S+99] Octoshot {AKA Pixel]
NNID
cncody
Let's Keep the C&C civil from this point forward please and thank you. :)

Issues happen, it sucks and this isn't the first tournament for issues to arise either.

:c

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom