Booyah Battle 2 Results!

Vylegrove

Inkling
NNID
Ezreal253
We had some great matches. Its a shame that we had to forfeit due to Symph leaving and our subs not being available. We could've had the same timeline as booyah battle 1. Lose to MCU then come back through losers

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
GGs to everyone that played IU, Congrats to TSB, and thank you all for hanging out in the stream! Much appreciated.

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
Those were some awesome matches, good games to all who participated!

Chewi

Full Squid
NNID
IronChefCanada
Enjoyed the spectator stream of the finals. Also thought there was too much rainmaker, although the first game was epic!

swifT

Octarian Legion Founder | Luna is my Daughter
NNID
swiftea
Enjoyed this tournament quite a bit. Octarian Legion was happy to compete and

for now will take making Top 8, but oL is on the rise and hopes to place better in the next BB.

Congrats to my pal Cloudy and his team TSB

BonFire

Full Squid
NNID
rollmops99
Our commentary program was hype as **** in the end, doing the very same for Inkstorm I guys, so I am looking extremely forward to that!

Pivi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
HeroPivi
That was a very fun watch! The rainmaker on the crane was hilarious. I hope I can compete next time! Need a squad but

Misha

Pro Squid
NNID
Misha21
I didn't know there was spectator steam. D: Maybe next time I get see it. Congrats to all the time.

LockeExile

Pro Squid
NNID
Locke64
I'd like to especially thank Cthuligans and Blackbelly Bouncers for some truly exhilarating matches!

Commentary was great. I'm a little ashamed that it had to start with us getting crushed by Offshore though. xD

Njok

Bouncer
I'd like to especially thank Cthuligans and Blackbelly Bouncers for some truly exhilarating matches!

Commentary was great. I'm a little ashamed that it had to start with us getting crushed by Offshore though. xD
Yes those were some very close matches, ggs once again :) Perhaps we'll meet up again in Inkstorm!

Sol64

The RNG God of /r/Splatoon
Edit: Found the stream after long seconds of searching.

Honestly, links would be helpful!

Last edited:

Agosta44

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Agosta
Feedback: Less Rainmaker. Like, a lot less Rainmaker. As a viewer it's boring. The 2 exciting maps to watch on Rainmaker are Blackbelly and Flounder, but even then you can win so fast that the high tension of those maps can be completely lost. As a player it's nowhere near as enjoyable as SZ or TC.

swifT

Octarian Legion Founder | Luna is my Daughter
NNID
swiftea
Feedback: Less Rainmaker. Like, a lot less Rainmaker. As a viewer it's boring. The 2 exciting maps to watch on Rainmaker are Blackbelly and Flounder, but even then you can win so fast that the high tension of those maps can be completely lost. As a player it's nowhere near as enjoyable as SZ or TC.
This. I feel like if you HAVE to include rainmaker. Maybe 1 per set. And if thats the case maybe make it the 3rd game since it does kind of have a "come back factor" in a sense. Thats just my thinking though. Deffinetely limiting it to 1 per set would be nice though. Though I'm all for cutting the mode as I dont think its viable as it is.

flc

Inkling Commander
NNID
fiveleafclover
regarding rainmaker:

it has to be played. we can't just say "nope we aren't playing this ****" because unlike turf (which is categorically not competitive), rm has reasonable win conditions that may simply be being played to incorrectly.

take for example blackbelly: the standard rollout for all teams on all maps in all modes is, more or less, "rush mid". not much strategy involved, no real retreat calls being made, no real responses to situations, just go in and shoot until one side drops then the game ends. that lack of strategy could easily be the reason why rm is a coinflip right now; a more passive approach with focused aggression and responsive retreats could make rm a lot more reasonable (especially given the spawn advantage on blackbelly). I'm not disagreeing that rm is a mess right now, but I think we need to rule out the possibility that we are the reason it's a mess before we discuss banning it--and even when that discussion does become valid, it needs to be based on the maps and modes together, not the mode itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom