Booyah Battle 2 Results!

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
The point is that bans are being made off kneejerk reactions, especially on the point of cheesing when you can do it better on a large portion of the maps in this game.
The point is that not many people know about this.

Why don't you go make a thread of a guide or something on how to do this sort of thing. "How to stall on every map in RM." Because it sounds like you know what you're talking about.

Start informing people or it won't be on out look-out list. Saltspray was widespread. Quickly. Not any other map.

Sol64

The RNG God of /r/Splatoon
Kelp Dome's issue is mitigated by the fact that it's deep inside the enemy's spawn point, which is supposed to be hard for you to enter anyways. That kind of cheesing can still be allowed, where once you have the lead, you take the rainmaker into your base and camp hard. But at least your opponents are granted several different ways to try and enter your base.

Thing funny thing is, this trick on this map can be completely negated by simply not killing the perpetrator. If you decided to for some dumb reason, you sealed your own fate. The same can go for Saltspray Rig where Choke Squad decided it was a good idea to kill the RM holder on the crane.

Last edited:

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
Rainmaker is the BEST mode in the game tbh
inb4 says the leader of the team that won on Rainmaker lol

You're entitled to your own opinion, and I won't take anything away, but someone will here :P

Cloudy

Shake Shake!
NNID
Cloud6483
Nah
inb4 says the leader of the team that won on Rainmaker lol

You're entitled to your own opinion, and I won't take anything away, but someone will here :p
it's pretty bad

flc

Inkling Commander
NNID
fiveleafclover
the oob glitch on hammerhead is impossible to do accidentally and easy to detect. no reason to ban the map just because the oob exists.

north stall on saltspray is fine, but a stall clause may be necessary in the long run; as people have said, it only gets that bad when you die on it.

swifT

Octarian Legion Founder | Luna is my Daughter
NNID
swiftea
Rainmaker is the BEST mode in the game tbh
I agree with mah fam RM for best mode of all time Kappa

Honestly if it must be played then don't ban anything. RM is cheese, at least in my book. Most teams are starting to figure it out so its only natural that people need to learn how to deal with the cheese appropriately. Whether its not killing the RM or learning how to break camp setups.

Ill forever be an advocate of getting rid of it unless we come up with a better style of playing it.(Whether its each RM game is a set of its own, or you have to win by cap etc)

No matter how much I hate it though RM cheese is hilarious. When its not happening to me at least~

SlimyQuagsire

Pro Squid
NNID
SlimyQuagsire
That's impossible to keep track of as a TO. I mean, not every team streams, and you can't just go by they said that in order to get a team DQ'd. Photo evidence or something would be the way to go.
You required proof for DC's too, didn't you? I don't see why not do the same.

SlimyQuagsire

Pro Squid
NNID
SlimyQuagsire
Right, but that'd be a bit of a pain imo.

Mid match, maybe it's a great idea to get out my phone and take a picture of an unpaused game.
If somebody's breaking the rules and it'll result in a win for you yeah I'd take out my phone wouldn't you

LockeExile

Pro Squid
NNID
Locke64
Why don't you go make a thread of a guide or something on how to do this sort of thing. "How to stall on every map in RM."
I remember seeing this guide a while ago. I thought it was here. I'll see if I can find it again.

Can't find it. It's probably out of date by now anyway. I don't think it had the Kelp Dome spot, for example, and it certainly didn't have Hammerhead.

Last edited:

BestTeaMaker

Pro Squid
NNID
BestTeaMaker
Didn't realize I was gonna raise up a ****storm when i mentioned it. Gonna retract my statement about the SSR/HHB bans since I misunderstood it when talking about it earlier.

Basically, maps/modes are decided on an algorithm that gets improved with each event. This means, yes, Rainmaker in general will be adjusted to appear less often in comparison to the other 2 modes. It doesn't mean that Rainmaker is going to get an outright ban, just that it is going to appear less often. This change will also address mode/map combinations that appeared multiple times consecutive rounds.

So, again, sorry about the misinformation. We are not outright banning the two maps in Rainmaker, but in general they're going to appear less often.

Danny

Inkling
NNID
Simple
This is a perfect example of what happens when someone takes a joke you said in a small room and is then subsequently shared on the internet with kneejerk reactions and people thinking it was official.

I was chatting with some people about lowering the probabilities of Rainmaker due to people not liking Rainmaker in general and I was looking at how the Hammerhead Bridge trick worked in a bit more detail. I found out that when the Rainmaker carrier suicides from the OOB then it stays there. This is pretty game breaking so I considered banning it even if it's hard to execute, because when it does happen it could be said that nothing in the rules explicitly forbids it and having to use the overreaching TO's clause can seem dirty.

While I was discussing this the Saltspray map came up and I jokingly said that we should ban both. @BestTeaMaker thought I was serious and promptly posted it here without my knowledge ending up in this long winded discussion over something that is in no way final.

Water Inkling

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Jojobinki
The point is that bans are being made off kneejerk reactions, especially on the point of cheesing when you can do it better on a large portion of the maps in this game.
I have to agree with @Agosta44 here since there are ways to get around the cheap tactics of craning on Saltspay. You can ink the rest of the map, then RM inksplodes and you can flank them from high points with snipers and shooters from the ground to lure people out.

HHB is an annoyance since its sucks big map and there is a glitch you can exploit which I don't believe was shown during any tourneys I've watched which you can go to there base and jump down to a point to the left of the enemy base and the rainmaker is stuck useless u suicide

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom