• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Booyah Battle 3 Results/Feedback

RemiRei

Inkster Jr.
NNID
RemiRei
It's supposed to be 'I have a picture of desk framed on my Yugo' not "a desk" (*`・ω・´)

scarth

Senior Squid
So were grand finals actually able to finish? I wasn't able to catch what happened.
Ended up as a BO3 after the 4th match had disconnections from both teams in all the attempts we had to play it.

Teamaker you already saw my post on the BB3 Reddit thread, and you already got my teams feedback in the Discord chat, there's not too much more to say.
Main thing we want are the modes that are being played to be distributed evenly, not 50% SZ 50% everything else.

Static

Inkling Cadet
NNID
kevinjamesfan65
Once again, on the behalves of team Overlook I'd just like to thank you to everyone of Hypest and the teams for letting us sub a non-roster based player. Due to inconveniences of weather hazards that two of our core players had to deal with! The good news is both of them are alright! We're looking forward to seeing you all again at Booyah Battle 4!!!!!! Until next time our friends and foes!

swifT

Octarian Legion Founder | Luna is my Daughter
NNID
swiftea
Fairly enjoyable tournament once again. Overall I feel like things could have gone slightly smoother, and I wish that the server bs didn't occur once again too another tournament. Could have been a very exciting Grand Finals had it been played all the way out.

This is minor but I would have liked it if all the groups had their own channels to communicate and speak in so that there was less clutter among people speaking with one another. Ofc there's also pming but it seemed like some teams had confusion in some areas so having separate group channels may have been beneficial.

Overall another great experience. Wish my team didn't fall short once again, but we will certainly be looking forward to BB4

flc

Inkling Commander
NNID
fiveleafclover
as a potential middle ground on mode weighting: something like 45 TC, 35 SZ, 20 RM next time, drop saltspray all modes from rotation? p sure tc is the best mode right now, sz is **** on a few maps, and rm is a lot better with the special changes. p sure even if the balance probs weren't a thing, saltspray would still be the first map to consider removing

thinking you could do {tc, sz, rm}{tc, sz} (i.e. shuffle the first three and last two modes around randomly but ensure all 3 modes played in a 3-0 and g4/5 always tc and sz) or something and weight it toward tc appearing earlier

so you'd be more likely to see tc/sz/rm/tc/sz than rm/sz/tc/sz/tc, even though both are legal combinations

could be worth a try

C.A.

Inkster Jr.
Good games to everyone. Not much to say that hasn't been said already (modes, maps, etc). Something I haven't seen mentioned as much, however, is how grand finals should be Bo7 and not Bo5. A handful of teams seemed to already agree on this while we were in the Discord chat. Just something to keep in mind.

Disappointed on how grand finals ended. I don't agree on the way the servers issue was handled considering that we had the same thing happened 2 weeks ago during Inkstorm, and even then things were handled much better, giving an equal chance to continue to both teams even when one team was already ahead of the other.

Aside from those concerns, everything ran smoothly. Thank you for the tournament. See you guys on BB4.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom