• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Camp Triggerfish: Analysis and Thoughts

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Note: This thread will be in a constant state of WIP. Will be updated when new content becomes known.

Welcome to the Camp Triggerfish Analysis thread. Where we will try to gather and express as much info as we can on this stage.

This thread will hopefully find all sorts of strategies and cool details about this stage.

Camp Triggerfish

Overview

A map with lots of water. There is a floodgate system that during turf war, will go gown during the last minute.

Inkopolis News Info
Callie: "Apparently they've rebuilt this place tons of times."
Marie: "Ugh... Indecisive people annoy me...I think."

Callie: "You know, we've been battling for a long time now but...I can't remember a time when Judd wasn't the ref!"
Marie: "Some say he's been reffing since the dawn of time..."

Strategies
-WIP-

Extras
-WIP-

Please help us find more info. I'll update the thread accordingly.

Last edited:

ILikeKirbys

Inkling Commander
NNID
ILikeKirbys
Does the floodgate flood the stage? That would be cool. :scared:
No, it just opens during the last minute of Turf War so you can flood the enemy side with your team's ink. And it starts open during Ranked.
Sounds interesting, but I won't be able to play it for a bit, so I dunno.

why does the background part of the camp look like a better goddamn map
Maybe it'll be a future map, and we'll see Camp Triggerfish in its background?

Recettear

Full Squid
NNID
anrakutei
Way too few flanking paths in turf wars. Only ways to get into enemy territory is to basically go around and into theirs. One is on a grate path and the other is a safe one-way that still places you right in front of the spawn point. Both are unsafe, the former being incredibly so, to the point that you might as well just drop down into the water below and die because you're probably as good as dead at that point.

Combat is usually long range so chargers are really good. Mid-range weapons that kill fast are good for moving into enemy territory. Rollers are HORRIBLE on this map. Don't even bother.

Kelp Splatterscope has been doing well for me on Turf Wars. Don't know about the other modes.

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
Way too few flanking paths in turf wars. Only ways to get into enemy territory is to basically go around and into theirs. One is on a grate path and the other is a safe one-way that still places you right in front of the spawn point. Both are unsafe, the former being incredibly so, to the point that you might as well just drop down into the water below and die because you're probably as good as dead at that point.

Combat is usually long range so chargers are really good. Mid-range weapons that kill fast are good for moving into enemy territory. Rollers are HORRIBLE on this map. Don't even bother.
Yeah, it's sort of how I felt with it too. And the gate mechanic for possible comebacks is alright in theory, but I don't really think it's as effective as I expected.

I did find the Inkzooka to be incredibly useful, but I'm still not the greatest shot with the thing so... bleh.

ThatSquidYouKnow

Inkling Commander
NNID
link12014
Switch Friend Code
SW-0194-3194-0146
Anyone else getting an absurd amount of errors?

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801

If a Carbon Roller charges up Inkzooka it can be quite useful. But no other Roller really has that good of a setup for this map. except for maybe Inkbrush (maybe Octobrush Nouveau when it comes too).

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
Did anyone try it in Splat Zones yet? Asking because I'm not touching it with a ten-foot pole. Waiting on Tower Control to give my absolute solid opinion on the map.

redacteddd

Banned (6 points)
man this map's decentralization is weird. in the one match I played on it, I had to deal with a camping inkbrusher who kept sprinkling the base. No amount of suction bombs could chase that person out.

Dev's please lower the floodgate's closed posistion to prevent camping like that

Pareto

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
PlusTB
My first camp activity: Whack-a-Mole [Squid Edition].

Needless to say, the E-Liters really hate the moles around here.

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
This is an interesting map for sure. One of the tactics that seems to have worked out for me and my team is to ink up the floodgates well before the 1-minute mark so that when the time comes you don't have to waste precious seconds doing so, especially when the Bad Guys start coming to your side of the map.

Also, the Inkzooka and the longer-reaching chargers are pretty neat for stealing turf at, say, the semicircular area near the enemy spawn point. Just stand at the pier that juts out from the same-side horizontal bridge and fire away!

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I'm confused in the Turf war version. This map is actually a little overwhelming. The paths aren't as straightforward.

However I have a much easier time in Splat Zone because I only really need to pay attention to the center, which I know what paths to take for it.

Still, I wish I knew what the secret was to the Turf war, I keep getting dominated by opponents who enter my base. Maybe it is because I'm a charger main though, so I really can't go deep in enemy territory, so I have to rely on my teammates to do that...which they don't.

KnightMB

Senior Squid
NNID
KnightMB
Played both Turf War and Splat Zone. The map is pretty big for Turf War and you get a lot of isolated battles this way. I have to agree with earlier post, Rollers are at a big disadvantage because of some areas with really long, or narrow path ways. Rollers get inked pretty bad. Splat Zones, at first seem pretty straight forward. You have two zones in the middle, separated by water that is too far to shoot or throw anything. Only chargers can reach across it. So logically, you assume you must have a team go over to the other side and secure the enemy zone. I've actually found probably the most annoying combo for the enemy team and so far it seems to work well at frustrating your opponents.

You start with the few weapons that have really water balloon bombs. You know, they do light damage and you can usually throw 3 of them before you run out of ink. Not much of an offense weapon, but on this map. I used an item set that maximized distance and sub-saver (so I could throw 4 or 5 instead). I then run to my teams zone and just hurl balloons at the other side. With all 3 distance throw enhancements, you can reach the other side. I found out it only takes 3 or 4 balloons to cover and take over the whole zone every single time and the other team can't fight back (unless they have a charger handy that is close enough to you). Played a few maps where my team caught on and just guarded our zone while I was constantly turning the enemy zone, LOL. It was funny to see the enemy team constantly doing circles to come back and re-ink their own zone. I did see a match where someone must have seen what I did and went a similar route, max throw distance, but they could only get those splat bombs to reach and they eat up so much ink, only 1 would ever make it over.

winner133

Full Squid
NNID
winner133
This map is okay on turf war and splat zones.

In splat zones it favor weapons like 96 gal, squelchers, pros, and chargers due to it long range in between zones, If you have a shorter range weapon you will have to go through the gates which are risky.

Plus splash walls are so good on this map due to you can block long range weapons from reaching your zone so the 96 gal is best for this map on splatzones,

Can't say anything about turf war thought.

EDIT: Suction bombs rush or any bombs are also godly on splatzones

Poxnixles

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Vitiel
The way the zones are laid out makes it like a more tense trench war, pretty rad. Pretty map. Gets my approval so far.

HappyBear801

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
HappyBear801
You have two zones in the middle, separated by water that is too far to shoot or throw anything. Only chargers can reach across it.
I know Jet Squelchers can reach across it too. I'm not sure about Dual Squelchers; I think they can make it, but barely. Rapid Blasters can nearly make it but I think they are just short of doing so. And, below that range, I don't think anything but Chargers can make it.

Marraphy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Marraph
This was the map I was most looking forward too, because I love it aesthetically. Gameplay-wise? It's kind of obnoxious..

Though, tower control on this map sounds really challenging so I really want to see that.
Ok I'm actually starting to warm up to it, it's still a weird map though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom