• The New one! Next Gen!

• The Fresh one! Fr e sh A voca do!

• I don't use Squiffers lol

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hikaru54

Pro Squid
NNID
Dillator
I need some help with the Fresh Squiffer. It's weird that I don't know how to use this thing whilst I can use the Classic and the New one perfectly fine.

How I like to play with the Classic one (my personal favorite) is by running 2 Run Speed up mains 3 subs and Ink Resistance. I also have 3 Special duration for the Bubbler. I play a mix of Offensive and Defensive with the weapon. I try to spam Point Sensors as much as I can so I can easily splat the person I just sensored or just zoning a general area so I know I'm not getting flanked. I like to play a little bit "lone wolf''-ish and I mostly use my Bubblers for myself when I'm in a dire situation.

I play the New one alot more Defensively then the Classic one: I run 1 Special Charge up main 1 Run speed up main and 1 Swim Speed up main.
What I like to do is using the Ink Mine as a defensive net so I can retreat when needed and be safe in general. I try to be in the general area of the Ink Mine with a pad leading to it just to be safe. I use my Inkzooka's strategically and against opponents who I can't hit.

But I just can't adapt to the Kit of the Fresh Squiffer. Maybe a different playstyle? A different loadout? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance and have a nice day!

Ashmia

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
She/Her
Switch Friend Code
SW-5925-5789-2185
I love the Squiffer, it's my favorite weapon! For me personally, I play differently according to which one I am using. I still use the same gear regardless of which Squiffer I use: 1 main and 2 subs of swim speed, 3 damage up subs and cold blooded, bomb sniffer and 4 subs of run speed.

For the Classic Squiffer, I play a mix of offense and defense. If I don't have a bubbler charged, I will play defensively and throw point sensors to track people. I tend to stick around to at least one of my teammates. Once my bubbler is charged, I become more offensive, and only pop my bubbler when I am being shot at from an angle I either can't reach to splat them, or from a sneak attack. I also take into account my teammates positions; I try to share the bubbler as much as possible to help them out too.

For the New Squiffer, this is my least used Squiffer. While I love ink mines, I find Inkzooka's to be troublesome to use, but that's probably just me, as I get my butt kicked with one quite often. Because I have an ink mine and an Inkzooka, I play mostly defensively and stick around to my teammates a lot more. When I use this weapon though, it depends on the map and mode.

For the Fresh Squiffer, I tend to play this weapon more offensively. With the suction bombs I can get some people who aren't paying close attention, I can set a bomb when I land from a super jump, or when I'm about to be splatted. Suction bombs are great for scaring people away, and if they take splash damage I don't even need a full charge to splat them. The kraken for me is like the bubbler, but with more offense involved. When I'm in a tight spot or when I see a lot of people clustered together, I use the kraken to take them out or to get out of my tight spot. When it's about to end, I superjump away if I feel I'm in an unsafe spot. That being said, I have noticed that when playing more offensively with this weapon, I tend to also make more mistakes, which I'm trying to work on.

Overall, I'm really liking the Fresh Squiffer, and I'll be using it more often in tandem with the Classic. I hope my advice helped, even a little bit.

Hikaru54

Pro Squid
NNID
Dillator
For the Fresh Squiffer, I tend to play this weapon more offensively(...)That being said, I have noticed that when playing more offensively with this weapon, I tend to also make more mistakes, which I'm trying to work on.
Yup, I think that's the problem I'm having too. I'm just not used to playing offensive with Squiffers.
If you're only playing offensive with a Squiffer when you have the Bubbler ready, then you're playing almost never offensively. And I think that's the problem. Never playing offensively and suddenly using a offensive weapon.

Even Sheldon said it: "The new and improved Fresh Squiffer is a Classic Squiffer retooled to allow a different aproach(...)
This is definitely not a set for squids who are afraid to get their hands dirty!"

I think I'm the squid who's afraid to get my hands dirty. I just need to play a little bit more offensively and better place my bombs.

But @Ashmia ? Do you use the same kit that you use on the Classic? Or any other Squiffer? Or do you have a run a different set?

Ashmia

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
She/Her
Switch Friend Code
SW-5925-5789-2185
But @Ashmia ? Do you use the same kit that you use on the Classic? Or any other Squiffer? Or do you have a run a different set?
For all Squiffers, I use damage up, run speed, and swim speed. I use cold-blooded for my shirt, since it is so far my only shirt that has 3 damage up subs, and I use bomb sniffer for the protection against splash damage and burst bombs, and also because I like it. I haven't really experimented with other abilities in conjunction with the Squiffer though, any suggestions?

Ashmia

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
She/Her
Switch Friend Code
SW-5925-5789-2185
That was the thing I was asking you actually XD.
In that case, you can't go wrong with run speed. You don't need a lot of damage up, I find that the 3 subs I have is enough to splat people on a nearly full shot, though I'm still testing this out. I like using swim speed to make myself faster too. I will play a few games with special duration up to see how it feels. I think it would be useful in prolonging the bubbler, kraken, and inkzooka.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom