• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Hammerhead Bridge Analysis

Inkoishi

The Closed Eyes of Love
NNID
DokiDokiKoishi
Love this map. Feels a lot like Flounder Heights which is my favorite in that there's lots of places to go.

CoconutTank

Senior Squid
To me Hammerhead Bridge is basically a Port Mackerel with much needed verticality due to the grated walkways. It's possible to get spawn camped but still sort of hard to get to that point. It's super long, so beakons are great. The middle is so twisty turny, which allows for some excellent ambushing opportunities.

I think Kraken is pretty bad for Hammerhead Bridge. From my experience, most of the fighting is happening on the grates, and the grates are usually very easy to get to, so it's difficult to catch anyone with a Kraken. Also thanks to the grates, Splash Walls aren't as good; they can cover the upper floor or the lower floor, but not both.

Albatross

Senior Squid
NNID
Zacrowski
Probably my favorite map. Been using a lot of run speed ups so that I can have control of the grating area without a problem.

Although it seems to almost never show up in rotation which is saddening. It showed up once at 6AM and not once since then. It seems to be in at 2 PM for Tower Control which I'll be sure to play during, but at this rate who knows when it'll be in again after that?

Power

Inkling Commander
It probably wont be in the rotation often until the out of bounds glitch is patched.

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
Oh, is that why it's disappeared off the rotation? I noticed, when Flounder Heights was the newest stage, it was there all the time.

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose
Either that or they saw the amount of flak they got from having the new stage in the rotation throughout the entire week. Though, I'm leaning more towards it not being in rotation because of the gamebreaking "exploit".

Of Moose & Men

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
MuhFugginMoose

I guess that's why it's temporarily off the rotation :V
It was up last night, mid day for the states, so at the time I guess they didn't know about it. They likely do now with the recent influx of videos about it. I think they were just trying to stay away from what they did last time. Now it'll be seen even less. But hey, new updates are never a bad thing. :]

Zombie Aladdin

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Overhazard
That's interesting, though I wouldn't call it a glitch as an oversight. It was on Tower Control yesterday though.

MissingNumbers

Inkling Commander
NNID
MissingN
Switch Friend Code
SW-4262-2166-2532
That's interesting, though I wouldn't call it a glitch as an oversight. It was on Tower Control yesterday though.
It's only a major threat on Rainmaker anyway. It's not like Camp Triggerfish where it was a danger in both Turf War and Splat Zones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom