• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

(Hypothesized) Splatoon Timeline

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
Hi everyone.

My friend @ehitburns and I came up with this while we were bored on a plane.

Go ahead and question us. I'll try to answer any questions/concerns you may have. Let's see if we can crack the lore.

Splatoon lore=deepest lore

Attachments

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
You should try to include the events of Mario sunshine!
I'd doubt that the Splatoon/Mario timelines are intertwined with one another, but if DLC comes out down the line with some more information about how Mario relates to the inklings, I'd take a look at it.

iNinja5567

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
iNinja5567
I'd doubt that the Splatoon/Mario timelines are intertwined with one another, but if DLC comes out down the line with some more information about how Mario relates to the inklings, I'd take a look at it.
That would be cool! I get why you didn't include it. You're only using official sources.

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
I think this is awesome! I look over the scrolls so much.
Mmm, but one thing I noticed?
If I'm right (boy I hope I'm not wrong), I remember the scroll resembling Egyptian Hieroglyphs saying that the Turf war system was invented and I think it should go before the 2nd great flood. Ancient Egypt was recorded way before Ancient Japan (Octarian Samurail Helms) and if the timeline parallels human history like Inkopolis parallels modern day Tokyo, it suggest Turf Wars came first. Also, the depictions of Inklings are improved, suggesting evolution in culture and art, or technology.

So yeah, tl;dr Turf Wars before 2nd Flood probably

but aside from that, nice!!

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
If I'm right (boy I hope I'm not wrong), I remember the scroll resembling Egyptian Hieroglyphs saying that the Turf war system was invented and I think it should go before the 2nd great flood. Ancient Egypt was recorded way before Ancient Japan (Octarian Samurail Helms) and if the timeline parallels human history like Inkopolis parallels modern day Tokyo, it suggest Turf Wars came first. Also, the depictions of Inklings are improved, suggesting evolution in culture and art, or technology.

So yeah, tl;dr Turf Wars before 2nd Flood probably
That's fair, and I was debating where to put those two events. However, I figured purely going on mindset, that something to battle the Octarians would have been thought of after they needed to defend themselves. I see where you're coming from, and those two events could easily be flipped. Thanks!

Zero Revolution

Pro Squid
NNID
Zeedief123
Switch Friend Code
SW-8519-0178-2889
Nice timeline! Definitely seems plausible. I wonder if we'll ever get more backstory in sequels or something too.

V-kun

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
V-kunGX
I like this a lot. Excellent and clean design work as well. Aside from the Egyptian thing it's a perfect representation based on the scrolls.

Aykorn

Inkling Commander
NNID
A_korn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5939-8938-2753
That's fair, and I was debating where to put those two events. However, I figured purely going on mindset, that something to battle the Octarians would have been thought of after they needed to defend themselves. I see where you're coming from, and those two events could easily be flipped. Thanks!
I see where you were coming from. Anyways, no problem! ^_^

Boidoh

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Boidoh
I was gonna get around to making something like this... You beat me to it. GG.

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
Okay. I was actually thinking about this timeline the other day. While we have seen no signs of this, there would have to be some reason why inklings can't swim. My best guess is that the inklings actually polluted the ocean, and thus they (and all other species that came ashore, thus Spyke, Annie, Mo, Sheldon, and Crusty Sean) are the only creatures remaining.

The reason I think the inklings polluted their own water is because their evolution would have had to take place after they emerged from the same water they were going to pollute.

Little hard to explain. This event would go towards the Second Flood, but this was probably gradual.

Let me know what you think. I'm always open to suggestions!

(The reason I didn't change the timeline is because I'm lazy and I didn't save the editable file because I didn't think I needed it.
Live and learn)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom