"I would love to use this weapon, BUT..."

DzNutsKong

Inkling Cadet
Simpler thread. Are there any weapons you feel like you're really close to playing a bunch, but there's just this one thing that really messes with how much you enjoy it? Whether it's the kit, a weakness it doesn't need, a particularly bad matchup or two against stronger weapons, so on and so forth.

Masked_Katz

Gnarly Eddy's Boyfriend
Switch Friend Code
SW-3907-3792-4200
I really want to play chargers... the idea of playing tactically and staying safe while still pressuring the enemy team (if played correctly) is super appealing to me... I just wish I could aim because missing a shot can mean life or death in that situation, and thus I always fail my occasional test-runs.
- Jr. main who can't aim

reelrollsweat

Pro Squid
i would play vcharger more bc i really like splat bomb on it but vac is way too situational for soloq : ( i prefer to play zf bc it has a special

i wish i could play range or rpd but it was actually painful to 1 star both of them. i feel like its just a skill floor issue tho lol. surely if i can learn chargers i can learn blasters

chaotik0

Inkling Cadet
.96 gal. it’s really fun when it works, but it’s accuracy and jump accuracy is so bad even with 5 subs of intensify. i would probably use it a lot more if it didn’t feel so inconsistent.

another one is big swig. it’s very fast has a ton of paint and decent 2 shot range and speed, it’s just the horizontal damage capping at 70 and the kits being really bad that make me not want to use it more than just for fun.

Catloafman

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
Fella
96. gal deco
I feel like this weapon would be a good Brella/tent secondary as this weapon is pretty hard to kill because of its kit
(also kraken is just cool and I want a kraken weapon besides Krak on)
But man the combo of long range AND bad rng makes it pretty annoying to play
Ok now I want to try it again now that I am talking about it

Edit: Also another weapon would be tristringer except the weapon is doo doo

Last edited:

Grushi

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-1492-1491-3432
I think reeflux seems super cool, I love a good support weapon, and it's really difficult to learn with its one shot, but man its kits suck... I don't want to play missiles spam, and don't get me started on reeflux deco.

I'd also love to play new squiffer, but I found out that it gets matched against pencil in matchmaking, and I don't want to throw the game that hard for my team come on.

Grekly

Full Squid
Pronouns
He/Him
The novas. I like the idea of a long range paint supportive weapon and the second kit have my favorite brand attached which is annaki but there is one big turn off which is this weapon pitiful damage and poor accuracy. This weapon is just a jet spam bot and while jet is a fun special I want to actually do something with my main gun

Honorable mention: Splat brella I'm not a big fan of the damage but there is bamboo brella with pretty good damage so it's all good (though still with a pretty big downside so also fit in the honorable mention category)

Last edited:

hamnerheads

Inkling
Pronouns
any
Switch Friend Code
SW-3888-0874-7382
vbow is so close to being really fun but toxic mist brings it down. I like cbow because i like to use the sprinkler as a movement tool. even if that sub isnt the best for movement, its still something you can use for a little spot of ink while running away while keeping momentum. toxic mist takes away so many movement options for the supposed agro bow. reflux has movement options but i dont like its range/lack of little explosions. :/

i think wall on explo in general is odd. for a sub that takes so much ink, it doens't make much sense to throw it on the ink guzzler that is the explosher. tbf there aren't many subs that work for explo, but idk, put beacons on the more passive, position based weapon, and sensor on the one with splashdown because its easier to get picks (and also i just like kit of sensor and splash)

hamnerheads

Inkling
Pronouns
any
Switch Friend Code
SW-3888-0874-7382
I really want to play chargers... the idea of playing tactically and staying safe while still pressuring the enemy team (if played correctly) is super appealing to me... I just wish I could aim because missing a shot can mean life or death in that situation, and thus I always fail my occasional test-runs.
- Jr. main who can't aim
dude the amount of frame lag in splat3 is ridiculous. i used to be an eliter main in 1 but the lag in the newer games made it near impossible for me to snipe😭😭😭

Umbreonfan

Semi-Pro Squid
Dread wringer but it has reefslider and it's second kit is boring.

I want to play painbrush but it's way too slow to be functional. It suffers the same fate as dynamo as everything kills it before it can fire.

Douser dualies. Like the fact that it's a long range dualie that actually plays like a dualie. It is just weak in a lot of ways.

rosylina

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
She/They
Switch Friend Code
SW-8188-5007-1224
Tri-Slosher's pretty cool, but the kit with the sodey bomb is also the kit with a special that's already on two other weapons I play and I would like some variety. The vanilla kit has the stinky gas which I am not a fan of.

I also like .96 Gal Deco, but I have to really be in the mood to play it, otherwise I just get super frustrated with the shot rng.

youre_a_squib_now

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-8478-8105-6114
tbh there's not a lot of other weapons I would play at all now that I've rediscovered s-blast after the buff. but here are some of my 4 star weapons and why I stopped playing them (and/or tried and failed to play them again)

I would play ballpoint, but the accuracy nerf feels terrible. the long range mode might as well be a 5 shot.
I would play liter, but I don't want to be forced to stay back.
I would play rapid deco. And I still do, sometimes. But the lack of options at short range means it can't be as aggressive as I'd like.
I would play pencil, but I like the killing potential more than cooler spam. (I guess I could try 5B?)
I would play naut, but my tracking aim is terrible now that I'm playing blasters again.
I would play squiffer, but it has no good ways to get in range, except zipcaster which is hard.

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
I can apply this logic to most weapons.

I would play L-3 but it has disappointing kits.
I would play Squeezer but it requires mashing.
I would play Dynamo but the lack of a good vertical flick feels awful.
I would play Flingza but its damage is awful.
I would play Swig but, you know, it’s Swig.
I would play Squiffer but I can’t use its Caster very well.
I would play Charger but it’s not good enough at fighting.
I would play Goo but it’s not good enough at sniping.
I’d play Tri-Slosher but I prefer having longer range.
I’d play Blob but the first kit isn’t fun and the second is weak.
I’d play Dread but the kits.
I’d play Mini but the kits.
I’d play Dualies but they don’t have much range.
I’d play Gloogas but I don’t like using Wall or Zooka.
I’d play Squelchies but their slow time to splat is clearly felt.
I’d play Tetras but I’m not much of a skirmisher (and the kits).
I’d play Brella but its range and damage are a bit lacking.
I’d play Tent but it feels extremely slow and ink-hungry.
I’d play Recycle but it doesn’t have a shield.
I would play Luna but it doesn’t have range.
I would play Range but it doesn’t have luna.
I would play short Rapid but for whatever reason I just can’t get into it.
I would play S-BLAST but it’s just so slow.
I would play Stringer but neither Mist nor Chumps work well for it.
I would play REEF-LUX but I’ve already played enough Missiles for two lifetimes.
I would play Stamper but it’s too hard.

That should be comprehensive.

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
every once in a while i try to pick up tenta brella because i think i'd like its playstyle and every single time i fail utterly. the skill level required for that weapon is just too much for me to have the focus to put the time into it when i'm still trying to improve my mechanics in the game in general

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom