"I would love to use this weapon, BUT..."

QuagSass

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4841-6661-0032
I really want to play chargers... the idea of playing tactically and staying safe while still pressuring the enemy team (if played correctly) is super appealing to me... I just wish I could aim because missing a shot can mean life or death in that situation, and thus I always fail my occasional test-runs.
- Jr. main who can't aim
PLAY A SPLATLING! PLAY A SPLATLING! PLAY A SPLATLING!
RAAAHHH! RAAAHHH! RAAAHHH!

Snowball

Inkling
Pronouns
he/him
Switch Friend Code
SW-4730-3272-1146
Mini splattling
I love the main weapon and burst bomb on it is perfect, but ultra stamp really doesn’t fit the weapon at all

And I honestly feel the same way about zink mini as well, I’m probably one of the few people that actually likes toxic mist on it but big bubbler just feels so useless on it compared to every other bubbler weapon

I just hope it gets a good special

StarDusk

Inkling
Pronouns
She/they
Switch Friend Code
SW-6346-1013-9819
Douser Dualies are really interesting but their current kit is just really boring, hopefully they get a fun sub this upcoming season
CDS is one of my favourite weapons with the one sub I really wanted on it, but the weapon cannot fight with Super Chumps

QuagSass

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4841-6661-0032
I love splatlings, but I'll be real, Zimi is my least favorite.
I would play it more, but Burst Bomb on Vimi is such a godtier combo, I just can't vibe with Zimi at all. I keep throwing Mists excepting to get paint on the ground or a wall and every time I just mentally go :(

isaac4

Inkling Commander
I only really play sloshers anyway (except S-Blast), even the weaker ones I don't like as much but if Dread had an actual good kit I would probably use it as much as I use nTri and vSlosher.
The main weapon has similar range to Machine and fits that same aoe midline playstyle better than Slosher does but the two kits it has just aren't fun.
vDread isn't as bad and I used to play it a lot more while waiting for it's 2nd kit but Dread D just completely pushed me away from wanting to play Dread more.

I also had a hard time with wanting to play S-Blast but not wanting to deal with Reefslider, but then the 2nd kit came out so it's really only Dread now that's held back for me.

Hokuto

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
they/he/ze
Switch Friend Code
SW-5561-7608-9695
Slosher and Dread Wringer slosh too slow for my liking.
Heavy Edit charges too slow for my liking. (I liked it until I got spoiled by Nautilus's midfire recharge.)
Range Blaster refills too slow for my liking.
Semi-auto Shooters and Brushes hurt my fingers.
Trying to learn some Chargers (Bamboozler, Custom E-Liter, Z+F). Can't aim to save my life.
Carbon Deco only splats right next to the target.
Wipers cherry tap me to death every time I play Stamper Nouveau.

ikebro

Senior Squid
Pronouns
any/pronouns
i desperately wanted to like c-liter since i like regular e-liter, but kraken just feels useless on it :(
i also wish i could play some splat dualies again (i mained them in spla2) but i don't really like suction and my hatred towards splashdown is too bitter for me to like enperry. i miss burst bomb 💔
i wish i could get into stamper more, but i fear i might be too dumb for it bc i just completely suck with that thing

sevenleaf

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/he
Switch Friend Code
SW-5819-4806-4093
early on (like back in drizzle/chill seasons 2022, before i even understood how strong it was especially in the current meta) i really wanted to learn squeezer just because i thought its gimmick was cool. but after trying it for a while i realized i just wasn’t willing to button mash for it, so i dropped it. i don’t have any particular problems with my hands (to my knowledge), but the discomfort still outweighs my desire to play the weapon, especially since there’s plenty of fully automatic weapons and other choices that don’t make you mash that i could (and do!) play instead

similar deal with brushes, honestly - they seem like weapons i’d have a lot of fun with if i was willing to learn to mash, which i’m really not…

Aiko.Octo

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
she/her
honestly if it wasn't for the button mashing I might have stayed on brush. Early on in the game I got it to four stars and then decided I want to play for longer sessions than that weapon was letting me, hah.

DzNutsKong

Inkling Cadet
early on (like back in drizzle/chill seasons 2022, before i even understood how strong it was especially in the current meta) i really wanted to learn squeezer just because i thought its gimmick was cool. but after trying it for a while i realized i just wasn’t willing to button mash for it, so i dropped it. i don’t have any particular problems with my hands (to my knowledge), but the discomfort still outweighs my desire to play the weapon, especially since there’s plenty of fully automatic weapons and other choices that don’t make you mash that i could (and do!) play instead

similar deal with brushes, honestly - they seem like weapons i’d have a lot of fun with if i was willing to learn to mash, which i’m really not…
honestly if it wasn't for the button mashing I might have stayed on brush. Early on in the game I got it to four stars and then decided I want to play for longer sessions than that weapon was letting me, hah.
This was the exact thing for me. I exclusively played Inkbrush near launch but now it hurts my hands to do so for any more than a game or two. Very sad, but there's plenty of other weapons to enjoy at least.

Other than this, I'd probably play the Luna Blaster and Dapple Dualies if not for their kits really not being great. Love the main weapons a lot but they've been done no favors in this game.

Suchi

The Eternal Dualie Squelchers User
Switch Friend Code
SW-3685-3474-1994
I feel this way about Stamper. I feel like it should click with me because I already play wiper and dualie squlelchers but for some reason, stamper isn't clicking with me in the same way.

2bdamned

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
he/him
i would love to try tri-stringer, splatana wiper, and chargers in general. i find them really cool and enjoy using them in storymode + salmon run. buuut i love playing n-zap '85 alot!!! it feels really fun to play and i've hardly tried anything else, it's my favourite weapon. i'm also pretty happy with tacticooler, even if it's just a little boost for everyone.

so i kind of feel bad to use something else LOL even something that isn't that different aside from kit [n-zap '89]. i'm just very attached to my main.

Mili

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
he/him
Switch Friend Code
SW-6426-7546-0600
I remember I used to want to get good with Slosher, Octobrush and rollers, but had a hard time clicking with the weapons, but if I try the weapon enough I usually don't have much trouble liking it! Slosher has been one of my favorite main weapons for a while even.

The current weapon I do have problems with is pencil, mostly because I feel the comps I get on solo Q are really wack, or catch myself blaming my teammates more than I should since I have yet to get used to the main weapon to impact fights as much as it potentially could.

Had the same trouble with foil flingza for a while, in which the comps I was in were lacking because I thought the weapon was more of a mid range sitting back spamming bombs and was mostly paired with backlines, but as of right now I feel I get the weapon more, even if I don't hit all my vertical flicks as I would like, I really like it, I played it for a bit until I got used to it and now it's a weapon I really like!

I honestly feel I could like any weapon as long as I give it enough time, which is why I have a hard time thinking of my best weapon hahhah, the variety of the weapons is a big part on why I love playing Splatoon so much, I feel like I could learn any weapon! I will always praise the variety and uniqueness of almost every single weapon in this game, even if kits hold some weapons so much...

That being said, that's for weapons I feel like giving a try, there are some I'm simply not interested in, but that's another thing.

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
I know I made a list earlier, but I’d like to put a particular emphasis on Recycle Brella. It fits my style of play perfectly, and if it was even a tiny bit better I’d probably use it as my main.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom