Inkzooka Welcome Center

StarHunter789

Pro Squid
NNID
Linestar777
Greetings members old and new of Inkzooka!

This thread is devoted to welcoming all the members of the Inkzooka Squad. Tell us a little bit about who you are, why you are on SquidBoards, and what you hope we will or should do in Inkzooka. I'll start us off:

I'm StarHunter, but you can just call me Star. I know that there is another "Star" in Inkzooka already (@StarForce), so you can call me Linestar if you like, which is part of my NNID.

I joined SquidBoards simply because Splatoon is just a breath of fresh air in gaming for me. So, I wanted to be around and talk with others that loved the game as much as I do.

Joining Inkzooka was the best choice for me because I like the sort of friendly casual atmosphere of it. I don't feel forced to be structured or have regulations or required to have a competitive mindset. But with that freedom, I think we can feel more like a family or group of friends. I hope that by doing that we can form a bond that other Squads do not, and we'll be able to have fun together in Splatoon.

Anyway, that's about it. Oh, I also like Metroid a lot if you couldn't tell... :p

Saltystick

Senior Squid
NNID
Wummer
Hey there i'm Saltystick but i guess you could just call me Salty... (or my real name IF I EVER SHARE IT WITH YOU HAAA!! or well...basically anything else).
Something about myself hmm...i'm 20, from vienna (austria/europe) and studying business stuff at university atm but i'm sure as hell gonna switch to something more interesting....as soon as i know what to. I really don't know what else to say.... i like kpop?
If you want to know anything, feel free to ask!

I joined SquidBoards because i like to join "communities" of the games i play, i usually sign up on the official forums (if there are any) or just follow them on various sites. Quite often i actually end up lurking around the frorums etc. more than playing the game itself, oops.
But i guess the primary reason i joined SquidBoards ALREADY was to satisfy my hype-cravings. Somehow reading stuff about splatoon and watching videos "satisfies" them (doesn't make sense tho... shouldn't it actually hype me up more? oh well...)

I like the friendly casual atmosphere you talked about too. And i'm sure we are going to have alot of fun together in future!

joetext

Inkster Jr.
NNID
duncankeller
Hey all, I go by JoeText.

I don't usually get games until a long time after they release, so I don't get to be a part of the excitement behind a launch, and the process of learning about a game after it comes out. I've been really excited about Splatoon for a little while, and thought it would be a good chance to finally get to be a part of that process.

This group in particular appeals to me because of the mindset. I used to be a part of some game communities when I was younger, and I really don't have any more patience for the vitriol, arguing, and general mean-spiritedness that comes with 'em. I prefer a friendly environment.

Other random facts: I took a break from console games, so Wii U is the first console I've picked up in a while. I enjoy playing a lot of smaller games on PC, though. I also enjoy programming, and picking up random hobbies.

Looking forward to playing with everybody!

Ness

Full Squid
NNID
Awkw4rdAss4ssin
Fuzzy Pickles, everyone! I'm Ness, although my User Mii goes by Awkward, so feel free to call me any of those two! (Also open to friendly nicknames.)
I'm a younger gamer, but show just as much heart as anyone else. I'm currently planning on pursuing a career in video game development as a designer. I'm also a big fan of all things Nintendo, ESPECIALLY the Mother series as you all can see. I also play Smash somewhat competatively, and plan on expanding my gaming pallete a bit when my decent gaming rig arrives.
While there's already a lot of groups on Squidboards, I was drawn to this one due to the emphasis on having fun with others; something that's surprisingly been forgotten over the years... Either way, I hope we all have a lot of fun working with and blasting each other!

StarForce

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Hyrule, Mushroom, Nohr, Comet Observatory
This is a nice idea for a Thread Star.

So about me well I don't see anyone giving real names so I'll hide mine too. *looks around puts it in a box and stash away* I've had some other names around in the past but For Smash i decided to officialize myself as StarForce from now on everywhere. it's a mix of Planet Pop(Star) from Kirby series and Zelda's Tri(Force). Zelda (Not Link please, the one in green clothes if anyone still the sword here playing the Ocarina is Zelda no Zelda is the Princess) is my Smash brothers main but Kirby was my first in Smash 64 so i merged both mains in words. That's how StarForce was born. Ironically the next day i saw Guardians of the Galaxy and I like StarLord so i said hey I came with a name similar to him bizarre turn of events. But no i didn't copy StarLord's name and made StarForce for me. I did it before I knew of the movie.

So yeah about me well i have too many games I like series to be precise. Many Nintendo ones and non Nintendo ones like Smash Brothers, Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Kirby, Metroid, Splatoon, StarFox, Donkey Kong and some non Nintendo series I like as Resident Evil, Soul Calibur, Dead or Alive and many other games too many to list.

Why I joined. Well despite not having any modern console (No PS3/4, Xbox360/One, Wii/U, Vita/DS) I wanted to Play Smash I missed Melee and Brawl and Smash U but I got Smash for my humble 2DS. My journey started in gamefaqs but the community there was not good so I came to Smashboards after I made public at Gamefaqs I would Main Zelda (apparently a low tier trash character by the Smash gamefaqs fans.) I found a home with friends and people who respected me for my personal choices of characters. When i heard Squidboards was made I went day one here to port my account. Now I vist both places daily. I saw since they were sister sites, that the community was nearly the same so having a great experience in Smashboards I decided to be part of the Squidboards one. I like nice groups or a good family place or friends. I'm glad I found many of you. And yes again, despite not being able to have the game. I'm loving it and I want to help the community here such as Smashboards helped me when I needed most support on maining Zelda. That's how I came to squidboards.

Immortal

Inkster Jr.
Hello, you can call me Immortal.
I joined this forum because the last forum I was active on pretty much died, since I was looking forward to Splatoon I decided to take residence here. The squads looked like the best way to get started meeting people so I took my time looking through the many, many choices and settled on this one.

When it comes to playing games I always go for the win, holding back is something I can't do. I aim for the top position in any game, Splatoon will be no different so I hope to find some like minded people to play with/against here.

My hobbies include reading, watching anime and an unhealthy amount of gaming. I think that about wraps it up, I hope to play with you all in the future.

WydrA

Inkling Commander
Hey, so i'm WydrA, and I... i'm an alcoholic.
Wait sorry wrong intro.
Uh I'm WydrA, also gonna keep my real nae private, although everyone will eventually know it when I;m the number 1 rated splatoon player in the world :P (that's a joke in case any of you were wondering). But seriously you guys will probably end up finding out who i am eventually, so whatever.
I joined the forum cause i like gaming, especially competitively. I've played a couple of games semi competitively, but i wont go into them all, I'll just say that smash is the one I've been most dedicated to so far (all of them except 64 (haven't played since I was 6 :( ) and PM (only got to play it for like 2 months. Supposed to be picking it up again soon though)). I see good competitive potential in the game so I was glad to find a community that saw the same. REally impressed with how well everyone has come together before the game has even launched, but that discussion for another time.

Hobbies are Drawing, making music, reading comics, watching tv and movies, just started getting into film making a little, and some other stuff I guess
So pretty much anything except gaming. Gaming is for losers and nerds with nothing better to do, amirite? I'm totally not one of those lol.

Dread

Inkling
NNID
Seevea
Hey, I'm Dread, and I promise I'm not as edgy as my name makes me sounds :p. I go by Dread Arceus on Smogon (basically the Pokemon version of Smashboards), so I just decided to use something familiar to me. I'm 21, and I'm a huge nintendo nerd. I play Pokemon competitively, and absolutely love playing Fire Emblem, Smash, StarFox, Splatoon, etc. Outside of nintendo games, I generally only play Destiny consistently. I'm also a huge music fanatic. Anyways, I'm looking forward to some fun times, and I've really got high hopes for this game and this squad :)

Last edited:

The Inkvenger

Inkster Jr.
NNID
PSICadet
Sup,yall.I'm The Inkvenger,but you can call me Ink.

I'm a long-time Nintendo fan who has come to Inkzooka Squad and Squidboards to be among people who enjoy the company's newest IP,Splatoon.On Reddit,I go by Greenunjuh.I've been trying to get into the Smash Bros. competitive scene for a while and have been trying to improve because of that.Some of my favorite Nintendo game series are Smash Bros.,Mario,Zelda,Metroid,and Animal Crossing.Outside of Nintendo I own a laptop that I play games on(which I'm hoping to upgrade by building a new desktop)and a PS4.I adore animation and mostly watch animated shows such as Steven Universe,American Dad,and more.

I look forward to being a good member of our squad and having lots of fun with you all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom