It feels like they were too Afraid of Making Anything Good this Season.

Umbreonfan

Semi-Pro Squid
It seems like these devs are too afraid of making risks and it's disappointing. Make something a little too op? You can literally fix it next patch.

With the new dualie and brella it's like they wanted to give one good trait to them and nerf everything else because they can't risk the weapon being good. Why even make new kits and weapons if you don't want them to make a difference in the game?

Grushi

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-1492-1491-3432
I feel like that's been the case since the beginning of the update cycle honestly. As annoying as a brand new, ultra op weapon would be, I also feel like that's kind of a fun thing sometimes. It's fun when something brand new comes out that completely changes the metagame, even if it is "broken", it can easily be fixed if it's too overwhelming. I just feel like every new season we never get any genuinely powerful weapon that gets a lot of hype around it, and it kind of makes the competitive side a bit boring

But honestly, I think the new specials are the more disappointing part of this, why did they all launch and end up... kind of weak? Nintendo crab's in the game you don't have to be afraid of making your new specials too strong

But casually, I'm still excited for the new stuff though, so I'm not that bothered

Grushi

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-1492-1491-3432
Also this made me realize, literally every new main weapon they've added so far has received buffs later on because it launched in a too weak state. That's kind of depressing to think about, I'm pretty sure nintendo thinks the average power of main weapons in this game is weaker than it actually is

Suchi

The Eternal Dualie Squelchers User
Premium
Switch Friend Code
SW-3685-3474-1994
To play devil's advocate, if the season launched with an overpowered weapon, everyone would hate it with a burning passion and Nintendo would respond by nerfing it into oblivion. The casuals in particular would also get really mad over it and going off the enperry nerfs, Nintendo does listen to the casuals.

I would rather a weapon show potential and be later buffed than be too good at the start and then Nintendo kills the weapon.

Umbreonfan

Semi-Pro Squid
To play devil's advocate, if the season launched with an overpowered weapon, everyone would hate it with a burning passion and Nintendo would respond by nerfing it into oblivion. The casuals in particular would also get really mad over it and going off the enperry nerfs, Nintendo does listen to the casuals.

I would rather a weapon show potential and be later buffed than be too good at the start and then Nintendo kills the weapon.
I hope this means they buff douser dualies.

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
The Douser Dualies are chock-full of potential; as much as Dread Wringer, if not more so due to having a kit. I sincerely think that they could get the Pencil treatment and become superb. At the very least, small buffs will be effective for it.

By the way, I'm not the only one who noticed the FF in the name stands for hexadecimal 255, right? The weapon does 25.5 damage.

Alphine_Agnitio

Trans Bird Trans Bird 🏳‍⚧️
Switch Friend Code
SW-5178-8280-0912
the new brella is what I'm really watching for when it comes to "weapon with lots of potential but needs a tiny buff"

OnePotWonder

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
He/Him
Switch Friend Code
SW-2068-8904-6306
the new brella is what I'm really watching for when it comes to "weapon with lots of potential but needs a tiny buff"
Really? I'd say it needs a pretty significant buff, but maybe I'm just bad at it. I do like the concept, so I'd love to see it be good.

Alphine_Agnitio

Trans Bird Trans Bird 🏳‍⚧️
Switch Friend Code
SW-5178-8280-0912
Really? I'd say it needs a pretty significant buff, but maybe I'm just bad at it. I do like the concept, so I'd love to see it be good.
On paper the damage is fine, ink efficency is good, kit looks bad on paper but in practice it seems to have a surprising level of synergy, I think once people get over the learning curve and play it more like a carbon it might start showing up in comps imo, it has a similar niche and playstyle

vitellary

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
they/them
i had a lot of fun with the brella, i think the main weapon is fine (though a buff i'd like to see is having its shield generate much faster; it would be interesting if it regenerated nearly instantly after it's shredded when launched), and bubbler is cool on it, and line marker is line marker, i used it exactly once because there was never a situation in which i felt like throwing a line marker was beneficial over any other option i had. it's a weapon that i didn't get a ton of personal value out of but that felt like a definite skill issue; i think if my aim was better it would be really good at dealing a fast two-shot safely

dousers are great honestly, ink mine is a bit boring for it but i actually really like the killer wail on it. it's an ink-hungry weapon so i found the wail to basically allow it to fight significantly longer than it otherwise would be able to, which is a fun playstyle for me. i would absolutely say the dousers are a solid weapon, though probably unlikely to be used in comp because like... you never really need a killer wail. still though, a very very enjoyable kit to me

in both of those cases i think the main weapon is really solid, and i'd say that's generally been the case for nearly every main weapon they've added past the first 3. s-blast, dread wringer, heavy edit, and now these two, have all felt like really good main weapons to me, and have only ever been held back by kits. (you can argue that s-blast is undeserving of this praise but i think it's a plenty good main weapon, just not as good as other options near it.)

not to mention we did get good kits this season, new squiffer is fantastic and glooga deco has absolutely met my expectations, and those are just the two kits that i'm confident are good. there could be others, namely e-liter is something i'm actually very unsure what the public consensus is for whether it's a good kit or not, but i could see it being considered great

i think it's unfair to say the devs are not trying to make good kits. they're just designing kits assuming everything is balanced well, which like, is the correct way to design kits, it's just that the balance isn't quite there realistically. but once it is we're gonna be fine

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom