Its NEVER Matchmakings fault if you are stuck at C-

Nukichuu

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Nukikero
I read it very very often that People who are stuck at C- blame the Matchmaking. Keep in mind Guys that everyone has the same Matchmaking and lots of People made it to A+ (even more than once if they fell back to B) . Yes, it can happen that you lose a Match because of a Teammate who has no idea what to do but its impossible that a good Player can be stuck in C forever. So next time, dont blame the Matchmaking, blame yourself o3o

Last edited:

DaisyFan

Pro Squid
^ Couple do blame for been stuck with terrible mates, but C rank is pretty easy if you ask me.

Figy

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Hummana
A thing i complain about, even at A rank, that if you focus a lot on the objective and staying alive, and not so much kills. Winning/keeping the game even can be very easy at any rank. It's an obvious tip in ranked but if no one goes for the objective then no one goes for the win...

Ryuji

Inkling Commander
NNID
Ryuji777x
Apologies for shamelessly posting the link to that thread. It wasn't my intention to be rude. I just wanted to point out that there are indeed many people who complain about ranked battles and how they're always stuck in a certain rank or even losing ranks because of teammates. While some of their arguments are well-founded, they do need to realize that they themselves might have to improve in order to be promoted to the next rank. Considering this is a team based game, I would recommend to anybody to work in sync with your team. As more people realize this, they'll start winning more matches. Going lone wolf will just not cut it.

Last edited:

Kaliafornia

Splatin' through Inkopolis with my woes....
NNID
Kaliafornia
I don't think the majority of people complaining about being stuck are C- but that guy must be the exception LOL.

BluEyes

Senior Squid
I notice that the matchmaker will initially place you in a weaker lobby for reasons I do not fully comprehend. So I understand they are "using" you to sort weaker players in your team? Being in weaker teams, I am consistently in the top 2 scorers even in lost matches.
I am in B- by the way with 76 points and thinking of breaking through to B soon. Whenever I join, my team is made up of B-,C+,C+,C+
and the bad guys are having similar composition. 76 points might seem alot but loses after loses will set me back to below 30.
Yes i know I am supposed to be good enough to carry my team to victory and all that "get better". I fully agree. Now here is the sucker punch. When I decided that I could not take it any more, I clicked that nope icon and joined a new lobby. To my amazement, I am teamed with people my rank!!! yay!!! all B- and a pinch of B once in a while. The matches become pretty even akin to a tug of war and even the top scorers are not having it easy.
This is why I ranked to B, to play with Bs. I just find it weird that had I not clicked that nope icon, I would be stuck being used as a benchmark.
I am pretty sure Nintendo knows its matchmaking is not perfect. If it is so, why then did they provide the nope icon?
It could also be due to too many C rankers than B causing a numerical imbalance. Join or Nope?

Last edited:

SHUTupNrocK8

Pro Squid
NNID
SHUTupNrocK8
Not really complaining as I don't have much time to play, but matching can be dumb sometimes. I'm a B-, match made with C-'s and one A- ... lol wtf

Kaliafornia

Splatin' through Inkopolis with my woes....
NNID
Kaliafornia
I notice that the matchmaker will initially place you in a weaker lobby for reasons I do not fully comprehend. So I understand they are "using" you to sort weaker players in your team? Being in weaker teams, I am consistently in the top 2 scorers even in lost matches.
I am in B- by the way with 76 points and thinking of breaking through to B soon. Whenever I join, my team is made up of B-,C+,C+,C+
and the bad guys are having similar composition. 76 points might seem alot but loses after loses will set me back to below 30.
Yes i know I am supposed to be good enough to carry my team to victory and all that "get better". I fully agree. Now here is the sucker punch. When I decided that I could not take it any more, I clicked that nope icon and joined a new lobby. To my amazement, I am teamed with people my rank!!! yay!!! all B- and a pinch of B once in a while. The matches become pretty even akin to a tug of war and even the top scorers are not having it easy.
This is why I ranked to B, to play with Bs. I just find it weird that had I not clicked that nope icon, I would be stuck being used as a benchmark.
I am pretty sure Nintendo knows its matchmaking is not perfect. If it is so, why then did they provide the nope icon?
It could also be due to too many C rankers than B causing a numerical imbalance. Join or Nope?
That's why its a really good idea to change rooms often depending on distribution of rank and weapons. Although, sometimes it works to your advantage as I was a B+ with a A- and were on the same time 5 times in a row playing against mostly Cs with an occasional C+ (we killed it each time, they were easy points). Safe to say because Nintendo can never calculate how many A, B, C players will be online at once and you don't want to wait 10+ minutes for someone your exact rank to join a room, rooms are open to any rank. Matchmaking just puts people closest to similar ranks in the same room. However, everyone or mostly everyone from an A-B room could have left, leaving only one or two A-B players in a room that matchmaking now decided was a C room.

What I have noticed is if you are on a winning streak and you change rooms, matching making will likely put you on the weaker team. That's when it's your turn to prove your level and "carry".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom