Kelp's Diary Entries

Cephalobro

((Before getting started, I will just clear some potential confusion. The double parenthesis serves as an out-of-character talk, this is to make sure that if a diary entry has a parenthesis part, the in-character version for this one will be normal parenthesis rather than double. Also, only the things I type will be part of the diary entry, so I guess the double parenthesis rule only applies to me. The next post is going to be Kelp's first diary entry. Now remember, diaries are secret thoughts written out only for the person writing it, so that's why only the stuff I type will count because this is supposed to be Kelp's thoughts only.))

Cephalobro

Today is my birthday! Sorry got a little too excited, but my mom is just the best for giving me a diary as a birthday gift, I turned 13 today. My dad decided to take me to see the stars tonight, even though the real stars appear outside of this dome. My big sister (she doesn't mind being called big because Octobombers know they are big) decided to instead give me a Carbon Roller, I don't know where she bought it from, but I imagine it was expensive since the closest place you can get it from is Inkopolis.

This is all I have to write for today, my excitement is through the roof!

Cephalobro

((Not in this diary yet, she was given a weapon as a gift so that when she's old enough to use it, which is 14, she can start using it for Turf Wars right away. Also, her entries aren't daily, so there will be some timeskips involved. At the time of writing this, she looks like an awkward hybrid between humanoid and octopus, but leaning a lot more on the humanoid aspect. If you don't know what I'm talking about, there is actually a child Octoling in Sashimori's band artwork, that's how she looks like at the time of writing this entry except a little bit taller and showing signs of the lightest skin tone available to select in the game with a tiny bit of the skin tone showing.))

Cephalobro

Ugh, today just wasn't my day, first, the dome displayed a dreary day, meaning that not even going outside helped. Next thing that happens is Ocean nagging at me about how "you Octolings are placed higher than the rest of us.", the nerve of her!

I love my sister, but she can sometimes get on my nerves. At least uncle Anemone is coming over to look after us, hopefully, he can get her to understand that disrespecting someone because of something they can't control is not okay at all. Plus I enjoy his optimistic attitude when he tells us stories.

Cephalobro

I'm so happy right now, I went to the Tentaworld theme park with my family today, it was fun. I did scream on some rides, I will admit that my sister is a lot braver than I am regarding these rides, but she doesn't need to see this. Anyways it was fun, my 14th birthday is approaching, the one where I finally get to use that Carbon Roller. I also looked at myself in the mirror and I'm beginning to look ready for this "Turf War" sport that my parents keep telling me about, they seem to want to move to Inkopolis someday. I'm also curious if the city itself is different than these domes, I lived under these domes my whole life. I look up to the grates leading to the outside and wonder how the world is out there.

Cephalobro

There is something that's scaring me and that's the news of a dome losing its power. I saw a peek on the tv screen and saw something horrifying. What did I see? Well, one of the screens slid off, thankfully it didn't fall completely, but it's scary seeing it hang by its wires like that. Another bit of news I heard is the Crimson Octarians starting to look for children to basically brainwash them, or at least DJ Octavio is trying to do that. I don't know why, but that's what a meanie does. I heard it happened once a long time ago and it's still a scary thing to think about.

Cephalobro

The worst has just happened and I'm still in tears as I'm writing this. Due to my parents claiming that it's safer for me and Ocean to stay behind because of how young Octolings are being octonapped to join that horrible DJ's army, uncle Anemone is now going to take care of us while our parents are going up to the surface without us. I just turned 15! Why must this happen?

I'm sorry, but I need some alone time after the horrible news. I will finish packing up my belongings, Ocean has already done hers, so I'm a little behind. After that, uncle Anemone will come to pick us up to live with him.

Cephalobro

My uncle decided to make his own army, separate from that horrible DJ's army. I asked him why and he said "Because you and your sister deserve better than this."

His words, not mine but he's right, more of Octo Valley became uninhabitable lately, with everything crumbling and all of that. He managed to recruit many Ringed Octarians, including a particular Octoling and his Octotrooper brother. When I saw that Octoling's face, I could tell that he was trying to hide his sadness. Was he one of the ones who recently lost their homes?

One thing is for sure, whenever I look at him, I feel my hearts beat faster than normal, I also think I have ink coming out of my nose at even the thought of him. I don't know what it is that makes me feel different when nobody else makes me feel this way. But I think I might have a crush on him. I wish I could go and talk to him, but my uncle just sent him on a mission along with his brother to look for more of those special busses, I hope they will be okay.

PS: That Octoling is cute and I want to help him feel better.

Cephalobro

I finally got the time to write something down! For the time being, my life is about being sent on missions that uncle Anemone gives out. But I want to specifically talk about that Octoling I wrote about before. His name is Coral and his brother's name is Clam.

I was kind of mistaken about his sadness, but the sadness was in fact, real. Well, it wasn't about his home (it's actually a little bit) but his parents. He told me that he lost his parents when he and his brother were young. This naturally made him cry, I feel bad for him. At the end of the day, we tried out our new uniforms and oh my gosh, he looked so handsome in that armor. I was trying to keep it to myself, but my hearts were beating really fast.

Anyways, I tried mine on. I could tell he was shaking a little bit. Was he nervous? Was he scared? It was a mystery to me until he asked me to be his girlfriend. I did the complete opposite of hesitation and just yelled out "Yes!", and after that, we have kissed for the first time, I was enjoying every minute of it.

Since then, we were able to open up to each other and let us vent out our sorrows. As I have secretly promised, I will do everything for him to feel better. I'm also kind of a mother to him, I act like a mom and he knows it too, accepting it. I even almost pinched his cheek that one time, but I hesitated so he wouldn't feel embarrassed.

Cephalobro

Another day, another Inkling-imprisoning facility was destroyed. We appreciate the extra help as we are currently a very small army. But a good thing is that during the same day that I met Coral, we also met a Crimson Octoling who goes by the name of Silas. My uncle was suspicious of him at first but decided to let him stay after finding out he has helped us get the final bus needed to form a base, which is a much better shelter than those tents that we were forced to sleep in when we had to go somewhere.

The next day and we met another Crimson Octoling as we were fighting our way into the first facility we ever destroyed (obviously not the one from today), this one was named Flane. She is a little bit uncomfortable with crowds, but she helped us since then with the war since then.

It's too early into this war to make any predictions, but I think those two Crimson Octolings joining our cause is a good sign for many others, including other Crimson Octarians (the tentacle ones) to help us escape and eventually we could live as one whole society again. But it all depends on what happens and partly on how my uncle accepts them into his army.

Also, fun fact, Silas made friends with the Octospartans (our elite group is entirely made up of males, they are really tough guys too and aren't afraid to be horrible to any enemy, doesn't matter whether the enemy themself is male or female).

Cephalobro

((The reason why I'm not an author is because making novels is a very lengthy process, so I prefer not to make traditional chapters that make the story have a start and an end because from my experience, stories that take too long to finish leaves me with dissatisfaction to the point where sometimes, I don't feel like finishing it in the first place, even when I'm the one writing it.))

Last edited:

Cephalobro

Remember my predictions a few days ago? I was actually right. It all happened when Coral and I saw an Inkling in the distance. We went against my uncle's orders so that we could meet a potential ally who could help us escape. After all, we have rescued a lot of Inklings since the start, so maybe that person can help us in return.

It was when we marched to another facility that we saw three more Crimson Octolings, they wanted to free their kind from hypnotism. We were already against DJ Octavio, but this definitely cements our decision to rebel against him. I mean, what's up with this whole mind control carp?!

I was with Coral, Clam, and many others when we went inside, ready to put a stop to the energy drainage that was making the problem in Octo Valley even worse. It was when Clam and all the other tentacle members that were with us started suffering headaches, while the Octoling members were completely fine. So it was confirmed that the hypnotism was real. However, one of the Crimson Octolings, the one who calls herself Rebekah, sung Calamari Inkantation, which is supposedly an anti-mind control song. This bought us more time, which Coral and I used to finally shut down whatever was causing the headaches (as well as causing the facility to go into a self-destruct sequence once an Octocopter rescue party came to take us back to base.) Everyone, including all of the Crimson Octarians and their Octolings, escaped with us and became part of our own army.

So, I guess we aren't just the Ringed Octarian army anymore, but rather, a free Octarian army that has help from Inklings when need be.

Last edited:

Cephalobro

I can't believe it happened, an Inkling betrayed us! I'm not going to even mention his name because he doesn't deserve to even be known about. So I'm going to tell you what happened.

The Octospartans just stopped an attack on our base from the Octamazons (DJ Octavio's female-only Octoling elite group) when two more Octolings were supposedly escaping them. Coral told me the names of the younger Octolings, which were August and Olivia. He had suspicions of them at first, but that's beside the point. Anyways, I was just walking around when I saw Zero (the Sanitized Octoling who joined us, we eventually desanitized her after escaping) having trouble keeping control over herself. Then next thing you know, my uncle calls everyone in the base to come to defend it. He was calling in distress too, saying "this is not a drill!" more than once. What happened next is a huge wave of Sanitized Octarians coming to attack us. It was a hard fight, but we eventually triumphed. But nobody celebrated, we started panicking instead. My uncle had enough of the panic and demanded that all of us should go through a machine that pick up leftover signal that came from the Sanitized Octarians that attacked us. That was when we found out that one of the Inklings was the traitor, or at least, wanted us dead. I cried until Coral comforted me, promising me that we will get out of Octo Valley alive despite odds wanting to go against us.

Oh and about that Inkling? The Octospartans made him regret that betrayal, it was a brutal way to do so, but something has to be done to punish traitors and stop encouraging others to betray. This is why my uncle made a rule that no one in his army can have DJ Octavio's contact at all, even indirectly. We aren't like DJ Octavio's army, we don't want to control, we just want to get out of Octo Valley alive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom